Where will we be Standing Up for the 1/4s

Get together, pool resources, share information on everything from trips to meeting places and social arrangements.

Moderator: Moderators

Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Where will we be Standing Up for the 1/4s

Post by Rooster »

big mervyn wrote:
AyeYerMa wrote:
shamalicious wrote:The one day package from Ulster Sports Travel is a complete rip-off at £265! No thanks!
Judging by the current price level on the London routes, all things considered, it could end up not looking too bad.

Although how the overnight stay is cheaper, I have no idea.
Presumably the flights back late on Saturday night are silly money.
Possibly a charter ?
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Surrey Red Hand wrote:Anyone willing to do friday to the monday can fly Belfast to Luton for approx £68 at the moment with Easyjet !!!
3 nights in London plus food beer cost around a grand then :lol: :lol: :lol:
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Hans Indaruck
Squire

Post by Hans Indaruck »

I think the overnight is cheaper because it is using scheduled flights wheras the one day jobby has to use a charter plane because of the timings etc.
Hope is not a strategy.
waggonsroll
Initiate

Post by waggonsroll »

Just booked my flights. Lucky enough to have friends to stay with so making a bit of a holiday out of it and traveling over on the Wednesday. Coming back though I have booked the 20.55 from Birmingham at under £30 and with train on the train line £7.50 from Euston. This might appeal as an alternative to London. I also looked at Liverpool and Manchester (which I have used before) but they are silly money - must be some other type of sport on. Also checked the TfL website for the journey to this field in North London (if we end up there) and it gives a journey of about 1 hour by tube and bus from central London.
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

Most of the venues touted seem to be accessible in an hour or less from central London although there is supposed to be some disruption on the Northern Line to "the field" in Barnet.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

Booked Sat early to Sun late.
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

BR wrote:Booked Sat early to Sun late.
Likewise.

Southend was the best value - never done that route before but it seems to be about an hour to London central from most of the airports.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall