Ex-Pats

Get together, pool resources, share information on everything from trips to meeting places and social arrangements.

Moderator: Moderators

AyeYerMa
Red Hand Ambassador

Ex-Pats

Post by AyeYerMa »

Don't get too excited about this yet but I might have run across a means by which BBC Live streams can be made available overseas for free.

Hola is p2p streaming package, available either as a standalone for windows or as a chrome/firefox plugin for Mac/**ix users.
Right now it can let you watch BBC iPlayer and ITV Player from overseas (as well as a range of other nation restricted services) but as far as I know it won't currently let you watch BBC Sport streams (unless they're on iPlayer also). However, the distributors are taking suggestions on their Facebook page and if sufficient interest is raised, they promise to try and add any service for which there is demand.

I've installed it and used it to watch a few eps of US series on Hulu, so it works....

http://hola.org/unblocker.html

Edit to add:- I note they're also promising to release details of their scripting language soon which should allow anyone to add a compatible streaming site. I will look at this if/when it appears and see if I can come up with something.
I came for my woman, he came with a razor blade,
Bound like us all for the ocean