Ulster Travel partner

Get together, pool resources, share information on everything from trips to meeting places and social arrangements.

Moderator: Moderators

Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Ulster Travel partner

Post by Rooster »

Rovi Snave wrote:
srsb999 wrote:Anyone know what hotel Killester have arranged for the one nighter? I'm booked on it with a mate, my little bro lives in Glasgow and is looking to book room in same hotel (or if no rooms left will be bringing sleeping bag and crashing on our floor). I sent them an email on Thursday, but no reply yet.

And re the value / poor value of package v diy - I haven't ever done the package before but have always gone diy route. However I reckon £210 is prettyy good value, on the basis of hassle more than anything else. Has anyone ever tried to get across London on a Sunday using trains or tubes? Makes our illustrious Translink look like the Singapore Metro. Every tube line will probably be down at various times for maintenance. And getting from Travellodge Twickenham to Gatwick or Stansted isn't as straightforward as Lisburn to City Airport......small, far away in the words of Father Ted :)

And flights have started to go skyrocket - Aer Lingus now over £220 for Sat / Sun return. Glad I booked package early.
Depends what you paid - see below - hope this helps: :salut:

3* Premier Inn Kew (or similiar) £145 BB pps plus tax £65
4* Hilton Paddington (or similiar) £160 BB pps plus tax £65
The key clause in that is (or similar) hence you need to wait for a reply from Killester
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Big Nose
Novice

Post by Big Nose »

Email from Killester wrote:ULSTER RUGBY TEAM FLIGHT
PACKAGE 2: 1 NIGHT STAY FRI TO SAT (EX BEL INT) FROM £310 PLUS TAX £65

HOTEL OPTIONS
3* Premier Inn (or similiar) £310 BB pps plus tax £65
4* Hotel Kingston Arms (or similiar) £340 BB pps plus tax £65

*Flights to Gatwick dep Belfast Int Apt Fri 5th April at 14:00 return dep Sat 6th at 20:00
I'm hoping those timings are wrong - wouldn't like the team to leave before the end of the match!
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

Also emailed Killester travel about the hotel for the 1 night trip which I am also on. Got a reply that they are over in London this week checking the hotels for all the packages - so confirmation should be either this week or next week.

Typo on the team flight thing there - flight leaves at 10:30pm on the Sat night (On UR site).
Big Nose
Novice

Post by Big Nose »

Neill_M wrote:Typo on the team flight thing there - flight leaves at 10:30pm on the Sat night (On UR site).
Thanks for clearing it up!
AyeYerMa
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by AyeYerMa »

Neill_M wrote: Typo on the team flight thing there - flight leaves at 10:30pm on the Sat night (On UR site).
That's sharp enough mind you!
I came for my woman, he came with a razor blade,
Bound like us all for the ocean
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

AyeYerMa wrote:
Neill_M wrote: Typo on the team flight thing there - flight leaves at 10:30pm on the Sat night (On UR site).
They'll not be wanting extra time or shoot out then. Get in; get the job done; get home. Sounds like a plan.
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

AyeYerMa wrote:
If it's a charter there's no issue about leaving a bit later if necessary.

Last one from Toulouse laft half an hour after planned time due to one of the blazers leaving something behind and going to retrieve it (not knowing someone else had already picked it up and it was on the plane).

Their plane, their timings (so long as it fits with air traffic control).
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
AyeYerMa
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by AyeYerMa »

Cap'n Grumpy wrote: Their plane, their timings (so long as it fits with air traffic control).
Slot times ex London... Hmm.

I realise it'll wait for players & blazers. Wouldn't count on it hanging around for any plebs who fancied an extra half of mild.
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

AyeYerMa wrote:
Cap'n Grumpy wrote: Their plane, their timings (so long as it fits with air traffic control).

I realise it'll wait for players & blazers. Wouldn't count on it hanging around for any plebs who fancied an extra half of mild.
Sure Twickenham doesn't sell beer in the 2nd half.
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

AyeYerMa wrote:

I agree entirely - just making the point thay the departure time is not set in stone.
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
mikerob
Lord Chancellor

Post by mikerob »

The London airports have a quota system for night flights ("night" is between 23:00 and 6:00) and IIRC the quota is measured over a rolling period of several months so a plane wouldn't be prevented from taking off because it was too late, but there may be some sort of additional charge if the departure moved into the night period and was counted towards the quota.
AyeYerMa
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by AyeYerMa »

mikerob wrote:The London airports have a quota system for night flights ("night" is between 23:00 and 6:00) and IIRC the quota is measured over a rolling period of several months so a plane wouldn't be prevented from taking off because it was too late, but there may be some sort of additional charge if the departure moved into the night period and was counted towards the quota.
Was ATC slot I was thinking of rather than night noise restrictions, they tend to be at a premium out of London and if you miss one you can be waiting a long time to get fitted into the system again.

Admittedly though it shouldn't be too big an issue at that time of the evening.
DavyG
Steward

Post by DavyG »

Big thanks to Paddy and his team for another well organised, hassle free and value for money trip.. :cheers:
"We are on a Journey.......Don't Stop Believin"....
AyeYerMa
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by AyeYerMa »

LastKnightoftheproms wrote:
DavyG wrote:Big thanks to Paddy and his team for another well organised, hassle free and value for money trip.. :cheers:
Totally agree. Provided they don't hike the prices I can see them doing very well indeed. Well done Paddy and team. :thumleft:
Never used them, but if their price point stays about the same next season then I can see myself using them for the couple of away games I usually manage. Just cuts out hassle.
namron
Warrior Chief

Post by namron »

First class Killester travel :salut: Great away trip and special mention to Premier Inns Kew for allowing us to operate an honesty bar :lol: :lol: :lol:
We dont need the English to win the European Cup