One F

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Meg The Lab
Novice

One F

Post by Meg The Lab »

BBC news states big Stevie could be on his way to Japan for loads of money. >jawdrop
I've just swallowed a whole bag of scrabble squares. My next visit to the toilet could spell trouble.
browner
Lord Chancellor
Location: Globe Vienna crashed and burned...Giant TCR SL2 rising from the ashes.

Re: One F

Post by browner »

And good luck to him if he gets it.
Stand up for PICU R.V.H.
damianmcr
Lord Chancellor

Post by damianmcr »

I hope he can get over all the recent setbacks and come back next season and at least have a few good seasons with us. If this isnt the case and the chances of injury are very high then I say all the best to him. Gutted to lose a world class player like him no matter the circumstances but he has himself to think about as well.
HammerTime
Warrior Assassin

Post by HammerTime »

Contstable up to his usual tricks.
thewaterboy
Novice

Post by thewaterboy »

:red: SUFTUM :red:
AyeYerMa
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by AyeYerMa »

HammerTime wrote:Contstable up to his usual tricks.

I don't think so.... >EF
I came for my woman, he came with a razor blade,
Bound like us all for the ocean
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

AyeYerMa wrote:
HammerTime wrote:Contstable up to his usual tricks.

I don't think so.... >EF

Neither do I.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Cornerfleg
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cornerfleg »

The poor guy is out of work in a few weeks - unless his operation is successful ... but IRFU will not give him a contract unless he's fit ...

Ask yourself if you were out of work in a few weeks would you look for another job ... best of luck to him, 6 months or 1 year out there if his leg holds up, then come back.
Always ask yourself, "What would Big Rodney do"... And every time the answer is... "Eat It"
Amiga500
Warrior Chief

Post by Amiga500 »

I suggested as much a few weeks back.

Stevie now needs to plan for the (almost) inevitable - the day he gets another injury he can't come back from. Getting some money in the bank will need to be a part of that.

While I thought it might have been France, Japan might do him better - you'd imagine in the less frantic game, the chances of injury are reduced a bit.
Joe Schmo
Chancellor to the King

Post by Joe Schmo »

It's an agents way of getting more important clubs sit up and take notice. If you read the article it does say no one has actually started any talks, someone has just said "arr, stevie ferwiss, he a big lad, do you think he come to Japan?we pay top dollar, love him long time" and then someone else has tweeted it and then constable has sent it to the bbc and then the bbc has made up a story about it. It may if course come to pass that he moves overseas to make hay while the sunshines and good luck to him if he does. But the bbc sports pages are full of sh1t these days, written by children who think if its on the web it's true.
Two years ago if there was truth in this rumour I would be concerned, but not now.
AyeYerMa
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by AyeYerMa »

If it has been made up, it wasn't by the Beeb as they're about twelve hours behind in reporting it.
I came for my woman, he came with a razor blade,
Bound like us all for the ocean
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Cornerfleg wrote:The poor guy is out of work in a few weeks - unless his operation is successful ... but IRFU will not give him a contract unless he's fit ...

Ask yourself if you were out of work in a few weeks would you look for another job ... best of luck to him, 6 months or 1 year out there if his leg holds up, then come back.
Exactly my thoughts, if he gets fit while there either return or stay for more Yen, if he has to retire so be it at least he should have a bit more cash in the bank.
Could be hidden disadvantages going though such as insurance etc perhaps even long term medical assistance. ?
Advantage, visit thon nuke plant wrecked by the big wave and you never have to buy another lightbulb, just sit and glow in the dark !
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Joe Schmo
Chancellor to the King

Post by Joe Schmo »

AyeYerMa wrote:If it has been made up, it wasn't by the Beeb as they're about twelve hours behind in reporting it.
I didn't think the beeb had made it up, just they're expert at rumourmongering.
fuzzylogic
Lord Chancellor

Post by fuzzylogic »

France would be a terrible option for him regardless of money.

Japan would be ideal, the BBC had a feature on Shane Williams living out there running on their website for a while, was a good little watch and he was raving away about how the step down in physicality from the ML and HEC was allowing him to enjoy his rugby again.
Mary had a little lamb . . .
Mac
Chancellor to the King

Post by Mac »

Think it's very early days at this stage to be speculating what the lad is going
to do re his future. He probably deosn't know himself and will not, until such
time as his rehab is fully finished. Only then will the picture become clearer.
As stated, contract negs with the IRFU are on hold until such time as he's clear
of injury and has proven his fitness. It should also be remembered that the
current injury is nothing to do with his knees......... about which the Q-mark
still stands.

Doubtless 1F himself would prefer to stay put. However when his rehab is
complete and if at that point in time the future looked bleak well
then I for one would wish the man the very best wherever he goes.

But for now this is still speculation (with an element of truth dusted on).
No one, Nips included, are likely to do anything until after this current
injury clears up. After that it's 1Fs decision. Whatever circumstances he
finds himself in during the Summer, then and only then, will he weigh
up the options available to him.........and choose what's best for himself.

Hopefully that future is still with Ulster. :red:
Image Image
If You Have To Ask....You Don't Understand