Dear Mr Logan

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

AyeYerMa
Red Hand Ambassador

Re: Dear Mr Logan

Post by AyeYerMa »

Wee Woman wrote: I think we can all think of examples of this - first on my list outside of Ulster Rugby would be Sky TV.
In the UK/Ireland it's damnably close to every supplier of goods and services. Because we generally won't inconvenience ourselves in order to make a "moral" or "ethical" point.
I came for my woman, he came with a razor blade,
Bound like us all for the ocean
CIMANFOREVER
Lord Chancellor

Post by CIMANFOREVER »

Boutye wrote:Like many other people on here I would say I have spent at least 1.5k this season if not more, , following the team, another 200 quid now for the final if we get there, her indoors will be well impressed, a wee bit more transparency please ulster rugby.
Agrred Boutye- last year nearly busted me- Turnipstan, Aviva, Twickers, not to mention the crushing disappointment. Ditto this year- N/Hampton, Glasgae, Twickers again, not to mention most home matches. The fans have again stood up ( :thumleft: ) followed in their masses, been disappointed again (Sarries) but still turn out in significant numbers home or away. Time we got something back from UB. They are taking the p*ss. As you all say, all we want is honesty, not carrots....
Exterminate all rational thought
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Rooster wrote:
Snipe Watson wrote:None of this anger is about the schedule for the building programme or any delays. It is about being fed a crock of crap. It's a trust issue.
There may also be a perfectly logical and legitimate reason for the RDS being nominated, but there was no attempt to rationalise a decision which, to 99% of people would obviously feel strange.
There is a serious communication gap between the supplier and the consumer.
Honesty. Was the word you were looking for Snipe
The thing that really gets up my chuff is that I argued with individuals based on what Logan said to my face about other things and now I wonder is he just a very poor man's Alastair Campbell?
ColinM
Lord Chancellor

Post by ColinM »

AyeYerMa wrote:
Snipe Watson wrote: There is a serious communication gap between the supplier and the consumer.
Communication kind of implies a two way operation though, which it isn't really. And that's not a Logan thing or an Ulster thing, it's a professional sport thing.

Wouldnt have thought it would be the 'Ulster Way' though
AyeYerMa
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by AyeYerMa »

ColinM wrote:
Wouldnt have thought it would be the 'Ulster Way' though

The "Ulster Way" is whatever the FC says it is.
I came for my woman, he came with a razor blade,
Bound like us all for the ocean
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Starsky wrote:
damianmcr wrote:Thomond last year?
I mean on the Aviva/Twickenham scale. We seem to have no problem performing in tighter, more atmospheric stadia, even as the away team. Thought we played a lot better losing to Clermont than we did beating Embra.

Stop waffling man, Aviva is closer in size to Thomond rather that Twickenhouse. Last year we played three games in major stadia and won two from three, fact. Your assertion on the performance in Clermont is spot on but is immaterial.

I'm assuming you either have a season ticket, don't intend to travel to the final or simply don't give a toss about your fellow Ulster fans for at least 2000 who have attended regularly during the season will not have an opportunity to support Ulster in the final.

Furthermore if Ulster are to become major operators they need as many appearances on major stages as they can manage.

As poor a decision as I've ever come upon by UR and also Leinster given they won't even have close to sufficient tickets for their own ST holders.

If the final does turn out to be Leinster v Ulster I expect that the Aviva will be used, it would be a financial gaff never mind a scandalous slight to the regular fans of both clubs to do otherwise.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

BR wrote:
Cap'n Grumpy wrote:
AyeYerMa wrote:Communication kind of implies a two way operation though, which it isn't really. And that's not a Logan thing or an Ulster thing, it's a professional sport thing.
Indeed. When the supplier knows that the majority of consumers will continue to buy the product anyway, there's no incentive to be nice to them.
Luke 15:7
:stir:
Is he? About my weight then
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Yoda
Initiate

Post by Yoda »

BaggyTrousers wrote:I'm assuming you either have a season ticket, don't intend to travel to the final or simply don't give a toss about your fellow Ulster fans for at least 2000 who have attended regularly during the season will not have an opportunity to support Ulster in the final.
If the statement earlier in the thread is true and regulations require final tickets to be split 50:50 then moving the game to RDS makes no difference to whether the 2,000 regular attenders miss out or not.

Even with a full capacity Ravenhill of 18,000 less a couple of thousand to corporates and league sponsors, the remainder split 50:50 would give Ulster about 8,000 tickets - so still a couple of thousand missing out.
Cracker
Squire

Post by Cracker »

With you totally Baggy Trousers. One of the stupidist decisions I have seen recently. Would it be better if Leinster topped the table as they might have the common sense to use the Aviva. I am a season ticket holder and therefore guaranteed a ticket but what about the crowd of young people who throng to Ravenhill on Friday evenings. They have no chance and it is a total disgrace.Is this the way to encourage the new brand of rugby supporter to continue to support us. I think not.
Starsky
Initiate

Post by Starsky »

BaggyTrousers wrote: I'm assuming you either have a season ticket, don't intend to travel to the final or simply don't give a toss about your fellow Ulster fans for at least 2000 who have attended regularly during the season will not have an opportunity to support Ulster in the final.

Furthermore if Ulster are to become major operators they need as many appearances on major stages as they can manage.

As poor a decision as I've ever come upon by UR and also Leinster given they won't even have close to sufficient tickets for their own ST holders.

If the final does turn out to be Leinster v Ulster I expect that the Aviva will be used, it would be a financial gaff never mind a scandalous slight to the regular fans of both clubs to do otherwise.
I sincerely hope as many Ulster fans get there as possible - I didn't offer any opinion on the rights or wrongs of the stadium choice. Just a case of me having a little more confidence that the team will perform better on a smaller stage. You're absolutely right that the more games the guys can get in the bigger stadia the better for the team in the longer term. But if they stick with the RDS, I'll be more hopeful of getting the right result.
One does not simply walk into Ulster
CIMANFOREVER
Lord Chancellor

Post by CIMANFOREVER »

If it was the Aviva, we would've come. And Outsing the Mexicans- as long as the ticketing was fair, then a 50/50 crowd in the Aviva would be our crowd. We p*ssed on Sarries fans, outsung 20,00turnips, their Fat Lady, their Bodhran band, and their PA... ditto Saints (twice- including MK,) Leicester etc.. We should fear no-one in a 50/50 crowd split. So I'd went for Aviva, and we'd had the turnout of 20,000 plus from our fans no problem imo. FFS Dublin is ow 80 minutes form Belfast, 2 hours by train. Agree with Bagster; shocking- Consultation with Ulster fans my Ar$e.
Exterminate all rational thought
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

CIMANFOREVER wrote:FFS Dublin is ow 80 minutes form Belfast, 2 hours by train.
A damning indictment of our public transport system :lol:

Still, the oul day return for a tenner is good enuff value.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
jamsodonnell
Novice

Post by jamsodonnell »

Agree generally with most posters here at their disappointment at this announcement. It is a definite case of the poorest communication possible . Lets get some facts established.
(1) Every Ulster supporter and player presumably, were led to believe that Ravenhill was available to host a Heiny QF and a Rabo SF and Final. These facts were made known to the media.The Heiny QF didn't materialise, so there seemed plenty of time to a potential Rabo Final on Saturday 25th May. Let the supporters know what has changed. Any further delay in clearing this up only exacerbates the situation.
(2) Had Ravenhill been available, it would obviously have been used, so it's not and we have to nominate another ground. Casement and Windsor are flights of fantasy and were never options. Also Thomond. If the gate is 50:50, would we seriously have taken 25,000 at the Aviva ? I seriously doubt it. Leinster would have at least a 2 to 1 uptake on us. But we will get 9,000 at the RDS, so I can understand the logic behind this decision. Just need to know why it needed to be taken anyway.
It is incumbent on Ulster Rugby to explain this situation immediately.
Mick
Novice

Post by Mick »

Sorry to stress this point but do you genuinely think that every Ulster supporter was led to believe that a Rabo final was a definite starter for Ravenhill?
The only place I read that stated was on this forum- if I remember correctly.
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Mick wrote:Sorry to stress this point but do you genuinely think that every Ulster supporter was led to believe that a Rabo final was a definite starter for Ravenhill?
The only place I read that stated was on this forum- if I remember correctly.
Have you been to any of the supporters events in the last year or so?
Have you ever spoken to the CEO on this subject?
Unless you can answer yes to one of these questions then you will not have known except for what you read here.
Many posters can answer yes to both and on more than one occasion.