Dear Mr Logan

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Dear Mr Logan

Post by Dave »

Hopefully by now somebody who is saying that they feel misled will have got in contact with Fit and asked for an explanation. If it is how people say it is then they deserve an answer. The feelings of conspiracy and injustice will only increase the longer this goes on without direct contact being made negating the opportunity for an honest response to be given.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Cornerfleg
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cornerfleg »

Thing is if he comes out now - hands up - guys we hoped to get teh building work done but in reality there is no way we could have it complete.

Who would be happy?

Most of us would go - we thought that, so why the bullshyt?

The 'Logie is evil .... he must die' brigade will dance around on pavements burning effigies and singing the "I told you so" song.

He hasn't done himself or UR any favours here.
Always ask yourself, "What would Big Rodney do"... And every time the answer is... "Eat It"
Mick
Novice

Post by Mick »

Snipe Watson wrote:
Mick wrote:Sorry to stress this point but do you genuinely think that every Ulster supporter was led to believe that a Rabo final was a definite starter for Ravenhill?
The only place I read that stated was on this forum- if I remember correctly.
Have you been to any of the supporters events in the last year or so?
Have you ever spoken to the CEO on this subject?
Unless you can answer yes to one of these questions then you will not have known except for what you read here.
Many posters can answer yes to both and on more than one occasion.
Whatever are you on about?
I've just said that the only place I heard/read about this was here.
Are you deliberately misunderstanding my point which was in reply to "jamsodonnals" post?
ColinM
Lord Chancellor

Post by ColinM »

Anybody know why on ur.com I can read a press release about Nigel Brady and Aidan Kearney being given development contracts in 2002, but news from 3-6 months ago has been deleted?
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

BR wrote:Cracker - I'm not condoning personal abuse, and perhaps Luran lad could opt for more parliamentary language, but his underlying point regarding the credibility of Shame Logan appears to have some validity.
Beautifully put BR, I'm no stranger to inflamed passions and intemperate language but even so, that is a well worded post saying all that needs to be said regarding Shame.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Mick wrote:
Snipe Watson wrote:
Mick wrote:Sorry to stress this point but do you genuinely think that every Ulster supporter was led to believe that a Rabo final was a definite starter for Ravenhill?
Unless you can answer yes to one of these questions then you will not have known except for what you read here.
Whatever are you on about?
I've just said that the only place I heard/read about this was here.
Are you deliberately misunderstanding my point which was in reply to "jamsodonnals" post?
I did misunderstand your post, but not deliberately. >drinks As you see I've already had my wrists slapped for being petulant >rtfm
Cornerfleg
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cornerfleg »

Don't eat beans then .....

Oooooh PETulant .... sorry mea culpa ...
Always ask yourself, "What would Big Rodney do"... And every time the answer is... "Eat It"
Mick
Novice

Post by Mick »

LastKnightoftheproms wrote:
Snipe Watson wrote:
Be nice Snipe. It's a fair question.

Mick, the CEO has been saying publicly and privately that "we'll be ready for a rabo SF and F". Now if you tell people that at events or when you chat to them then you must know as CEO then that's going to be disseminated.
I'm not saying that's not true, equally I haven't seen anything in the media that would confirm it.
Are you asking me to accept word of mouth as gospel?
Again, I don't think the majority of supporters expected a Rabo final at Ravenhill, just my opinion though.
Ps

If the CEO made these comments to the supporters group, would it not be on their website somewhere?
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

ColinM wrote:Anybody know why on ur.com I can read a press release about Nigel Brady and Aidan Kearney being given development contracts in 2002, but news from 3-6 months ago has been deleted?
Have to say I'm no expert in these matters but it would appear a convenient gremlin has suddenly entered the database since Shame dropped the bomb. Let's hope he hasn't dropped the ball by muddying the waters in a nefarious manner, scurrilous and absolutely unfounded rambling thought though that may be - "finalgate" may have a distance to run yet.

Perhaps Shame thought ok maybe a bit if a kerfuffle for a day or two then peace and love will return to the kingdom. Perhaps a misjudgement on the wrath of the disappointment supporting constituency.

Ah well, sure worse things happen at sea as Osama might say...... If he could.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Far be it for me to impune the integrity of a poster, I'm surely famed to fairness, straightforward posting and tolerance of all, especially newbies on the forum. :shock:

I think it's rather odd then that I begin to have doubts about the bona fides of our Mick, who by a simple twist of fate joined this August body on Wednesday of this week. Perhaps a coincidence but as readers of Michael Connolly's excellent "Harry Bosch" thrillers will be familiar with - I don't believe in convenient coincidence.

Two questions Mick. Are you Fit C or his fifth columnist? Are you a member of UR's world famous PR Disaster Department?

Should you take offence at such suggestions it may comfort you to know that when I was new to this forum I was suspected of being "a plant" of the CEO.

I would still class myself as being broadly speaking "pro the current management" but I'm rather less pro being lied to and taken for a sucker. That just boils my pish so it does.

PS Micko, surely you don't believe that gospel is dead on balls accurate gospel. You are Fit , don't deny it.
damianmcr
Lord Chancellor

Post by damianmcr »

Excellent books indeed Baggy!
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

ColinM wrote:Anybody know why on ur.com I can read a press release about Nigel Brady and Aidan Kearney being given development contracts in 2002, but news from 3-6 months ago has been deleted?
I found a number of December's news stories, but none contained any reference to possible final venues. I cannot confirm if I found them all.
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

I'd say the general integrity of the posters here is pretty sound. I'd certainly respect the opinion of the worthy citizens who run this board and the URSC and of most of the regular contributers. Nothing leads me to doubt the insight of Snipe and others. Same cannot be said for UR PR unfortunately.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Big Nose
Novice

Post by Big Nose »

BR wrote:
I found a number of December's news stories, but none contained any reference to possible final venues. I cannot confirm if I found them all.
This any help? Google result of pages from 'ulsterrugby.com/news' between Sept and Dec. I'm not an expert, but think that if any had been removed, they'd still have a cached version on google..

http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=www.ul ... 20&bih=955
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

Big Nose wrote:
BR wrote:
This any help? Google result of pages from 'ulsterrugby.com/news' between Sept and Dec. I'm not an expert, but think that if any had been removed, they'd still have a cached version on google..

http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=www.ul ... 20&bih=955
I believe it is POSSIBLE to have google cached removed, and there are techniques to flush pages. However I tried google and a number of other cache sites, and nothing untoward appeared.
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk