Wallace?

Join in the craic, and support yer team here!

Moderator: Moderators

Bellyups
Novice

Wallace?

Post by Bellyups »

Why waste money giving a new contract to a guy who has had a serious injury, is too old and not good enough? With Trimble, gilroy and bowe there's any who would like to see tommy at centre but with cave etc there are plenty of god players already there so why add Wallace to that mix? He's past it and was always over-rated.
rocky
Red Hand Ambassador

Re: Wallace?

Post by rocky »

First of all, you're in the wrong section entirely to start a thread like this.
Second of all, it needs to be in the right place but I don't see a thread entitled "Garbage."
Bo***cks to Brexit
Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Jackie Brown »

Bellyups, you need to be more subtle and clever with your wumming. I rate this effort 4 out of 10, must try harder
Gonna Party Like It's 1999
shamalicious
Lord Chancellor

Post by shamalicious »

FFS
Nevin Spence 26 April 1990 – 15 September 2012 gone but never forgotten
ruckover
Lord Chancellor

Post by ruckover »

Sooner this thread is removed the better. Utter tripe.
You haven't seen me at my best yet. Let's be honest, you probably never will.
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

A few oxygen wasters still exist :roll:
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
nonplussed
Warrior Chief

Post by nonplussed »

Do feck right off bellyups
Rovi Snave
Warrior

Post by Rovi Snave »

What Ruck said!!! >threaten >threaten >threaten
Finished
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

Bellyups wrote:Why waste money giving a new contract to a guy who has had a serious injury, is too old and not good enough? With Trimble, gilroy and bowe there's any who would like to see tommy at centre but with cave etc there are plenty of god players already there so why add Wallace to that mix? He's past it and was always over-rated.
You are of course entitled to your opinion, and indeed I would hope that you are free to express it here.

But lets take a few points:

Waste Money: Don't know what the contract he got was, but I'm sure it reflects both his limitations AND his experience.
Serious injury: an unfortunate truth, but most players will experience them at some stage of their career. How serious is PW's? Again I don't know, but I'd suggest not as bad as some that RCT's Johnny Wilkinson has endured and he seems to be doing OK for himself. Prob not even as bad as some of the younger players in the squad for whom we maintain hope of a long and successful career with us.
Too Old: He still seems to able to keep up, and with age comes experience
Not Good Enough: We're top of the league and he's helped in that
Plenty of good players: We're not coming down with 2nd 5/8 types.
Past it: Personally I think he's playing some of his better rugby at the minute (see experience comment)
Always Overrated: I think not. He was rated very poorly here for years.

Apart from that, I think you make some very valid points.
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

This post belongs in trap 2!
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

Russ wrote:This post belongs in trap 2!
I think you're a little hard on yourself there Russ!
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
Wee Woman
Lord Chancellor

Post by Wee Woman »

BR wrote:
Bellyups wrote:Why waste money giving a new contract to a guy who has had a serious injury, is too old and not good enough? With Trimble, gilroy and bowe there's any who would like to see tommy at centre but with cave etc there are plenty of god players already there so why add Wallace to that mix? He's past it and was always over-rated.
You are of course entitled to your opinion, and indeed I would hope that you are free to express it here.

Waste Money: Don't know what the contract he got was, but I'm sure it reflects both his limitations AND his experience.
Serious injury: an unfortunate truth, but most players will experience them at some stage of their career. How serious is PW's? Again I don't know, but I'd suggest not as bad as some that RCT's Johnny Wilkinson has endured and he seems to be doing OK for himself. Prob not even as bad as some of the younger players in the squad for whom we maintain hope of a long and successful career with us.
Past it: Personally I think he's playing some of his better rugby at the minute (see experience comment)

Brilliant BR :)
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Wee Woman wrote:
BR wrote:

Brilliant BR :)
No its not, WW, BR is wasting his time trying to educate that useless piece of feck.

Off is the precise direction in which I'd like him to feck.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

I actually think the branch got the contract right at --one year --

Paddy plays 10/12 at a push 15 or short time anywhere in the backline ie a perfect bench man and cover for Olding and Marshall at 12 because you can be assured at least one is going to get called up to Irish squad and both could suffer injury at sometime during the season ( hopefully only short term )

This season has proved the point that you really never can have to many players

And one year reflects -- his age and the fact there are players who are now names on a sheet before him.
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

LastKnightoftheproms wrote:Personally, I love it when some wum idiot gets responded to by BR or Shan or someone like that who just dismantles their entire argument.
That sounds lovely my warm fuzzy friend but the overriding problem is that Bellytits doesn't have an argument, it is simply a wind up & frankly I don't imagine there is a judge in the country who wouldn't direct a jury properly to acquit if you shot the chube in the face.

Oi Bellyfuckup
STFU.gif
STFU.gif (236.17 KiB) Viewed 996 times
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.