New Contracts

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: New Contracts

Post by Dave »

Can anyone think of anyone better than McIlwaine that we could have signed as a fourth choice full back on the same money for a year who is IQ?
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Dave wrote:Can anyone think of anyone better than McIlwaine that we could have signed as a fourth choice full back on the same money for a year who is IQ?
NOC :stir:
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Russ wrote:
Dave wrote:Can anyone think of anyone better than McIlwaine that we could have signed as a fourth choice full back on the same money for a year who is IQ?
If that happened, it would be interesting to see how many corresponding A+E admissions there were for 'I hurt my hand punching my laptop'.

Seriously, with a dearth of viable options the McIlwaine signing makes sense. And I welcome it.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Russ wrote:
If that happened, it would be interesting to see how many corresponding A+E admissions there were for 'I hurt my hand punching my laptop'.

Seriously, with a dearth of viable options the McIlwaine signing makes sense. And I welcome it.
Cracker
Squire

Post by Cracker »

Young McIlwaine is a genuinely good bloke.He has talent so lets all give him a fair chance as good Ulster supporters.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Cracker wrote:Young McIlwaine is a genuinely good bloke.He has talent so lets all give him a fair chance as good Ulster supporters.
Mr McIlwaine, is that you?
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Russ wrote:
Cracker wrote:Young McIlwaine is a genuinely good bloke.He has talent so lets all give him a fair chance as good Ulster supporters.
Mr McIlwaine, is that you?
Welcome to the forum David McIlwaine's Dad.
Cornerfleg
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cornerfleg »

The sheriff's a ....
Always ask yourself, "What would Big Rodney do"... And every time the answer is... "Eat It"
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Cornerfleg wrote:The sheriff's a ....
.... bugger in Moville, oh the sheriff is a bugger in Moville, Oh the sheriff is a bugger & his deputy is another and they bugger one another in Moville.

In Moville, in Moville, in Mo in Mo in Mo in Moville etc etc

Did I get it right Fleg? :bounce:
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Cracker
Squire

Post by Cracker »

No relation whatsoever believe it or not.
Mr Frosty
Initiate

Post by Mr Frosty »

feckin bambi
Till youve tasted Frosty's you don't know jack
Deckard
Novice

Post by Deckard »

rocky wrote:Yet again, I find myself in a position of giving off to all of you doom and gloom merchants and, yes, I am including you here, Bagster.
Here we are, needing a win over the blue sheep men to get a home semi in the Rabo, having made the Heiny quarters for the third year running and you're all bitching about things that may or may not come to pass, doubting the wisdom of the good doctor, and generally denigrating some players who have not as yet pulled on a white shirt in earnest. FFS, you might all be Spurs fans ……..aaaarrrrggghhhh!!!!!!
Old Oddball would be apoplectic - "Give over with those negative waves, Moriarity, it's only three tiger tanks," he would be saying.
Just to put things in a bit of perspective here as regards our season and injures, I can tell you this.
We started the season with ten players on the injury list, mostly from last season. That's about a quarter of the squad. Things stayed more or less the same until mid-January. Over the next two months it went up to 18 on the sick list, many with long term injuries. Factor in the 6N and we had well over half of our squad unavailable. No wonder we had a bit of a slump about then! In the last six weeks we have had some players coming back and currently have eight or nine players unavailable - still about 20% of the squad. Our season has been appalling in terms of injury. On average a pro squad expects to see one or two bad knee injuries a season. We have had six!
Bearing that in mind, we have done fantastically well. I am firmly of the opinion that DH knows what he's doing and is making the right provisions for next season, given NIQ "rules" and budgets.
So will you all stop this whinging and buck that tighten up syrup into each and every one of you. It's only a week until we decimate the Blues and head for a home semi and then a home final, just a short cycle away (if you're a drug-fuelled Lance Armstrong, that is). Buck up men.
:salut: that's the stuff rocky!!
Kofi Annan
Lord Chancellor

Post by Kofi Annan »

Chris Quinn.
“For the liespotter who knows how to listen well, the random words, sounds, and phrases in a person's speech are never as random as they seem. They offer a clear sightline into the liar's psyche.”
RuPi
Initiate

Post by RuPi »

Quinn seemed to be in exceptional form in the AIL before he was injured, a reliable place kicker as well. I personally didn't see the need for the contract for McIlwaine given Ricky Andrew surprised us all and did a solid enough job in the Rabo and Nelson has shown glimpses of potential as well as Gilroy and Bowe could play full back and Olding if needs must.

I hope he proves me wrong and goes on to be a good signing but I imagine he will do a decent job for an AIL side this season.

Whatever happened to that lad Neil Walsh was there any talk of him getting a contract?
connachtexile
Novice

Post by connachtexile »

Connacht fan website is full of chatter again about Cochrane coming here. Anyone know what his contract status is? Can't see him coming myself.