Pro12 Semi - Ulster vs. Scarlets

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

ruckover
Lord Chancellor

Re: Pro12 Semi - Ulster vs. Scarlets

Post by ruckover »

kingofthehill wrote:
scrum5 wrote:Afoa a doubt....
Just resting.
So I was right all along? :shock: :lol:
You haven't seen me at my best yet. Let's be honest, you probably never will.
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

T'would be keen to see Tom. Rory & BBJ on Friday. If we totally smash their very average pack early on, it should pave the way to a trip down the road to the second city of the empire..........
bootlaced
Lord Chancellor

Post by bootlaced »

ruckover wrote:Referee: Alain Rolland (IRFU, 58th competition game)
Assistant Referees: Andrew McMenemy, Adrian Graves (both SRU)
Citing Commissioner: TBC (SRU)
TMO: Iain Ramage (SRU)

Rolland is very whistle happy at the moment,and the way he refs the scrum is a big concern.
"Never whistle while you're pi$$ing", Hagbard Celine
jamjams
Novice

Post by jamjams »

I'm just having a wee rewatch of our last match against them. Macklin had Phil John under pressure.
Ospreylian
Novice

Post by Ospreylian »

If Afoa is fit, Llanelli may start with Rhodri Jones. Their scrum has improved this year.
Ospreylian
Novice

Post by Ospreylian »

Thank-you. :D

They don't train behind closed doors (show-offs)

I work yards from their training facility.

They looked quite impressive on monday. They have 20 year-old tight-head who's going to be a superstar.
Ospreylian
Novice

Post by Ospreylian »

Your mad!

Don't worry. Keep it close to your forwards, kick sensibly and you should be fine. Trouble is their backs - they're powerful enough to hit your forwards backwards, and catch your backs with their pace. A bit like Team Wales.

Please give-em a hiding
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Neill_M wrote:Sure the FRU site will announce the team soon enough >EW
Maybe having got it completely wrong last week they might button it and allow UR to name that team.

Feckin' charlatans, they should be closed down. Outrageous editorial decision to break confidences in that manner. I wonder is DL running that epic bore of a website now? >threaten
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Ospreylian wrote:Thank-you. :D

They looked quite impressive on monday. They have 20 year-old tight-head who's going to be a superstar.
Just a few days too late, that was some fight they put up against Treviso.

I'm a shy retiring type Ospreylian but I tell you this, if we have all our big dogs fit for action, I will be amazed if we don't score more than the 47 we put on them in January.

Really just depends on whether or not we can be bothered doing it. Scaaaaaaaaaaaalets are pish, I have no idea how Ospreys finished behind a team with a pack that my Granny would be ashamed to pack down in........... and she's been dead for the past couple of decades. :shock:

I am less confident about the final, I'm just confident we will be in it. :red:
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Didn't look impressive on Friday night
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
jackthelad
Warrior Chief

Post by jackthelad »

Ospreylian is right about Rhodri Jones though. He looks like becoming the real deal and at 20 he will only get a lot better. This is good for Scarlets and also Wales of course as Adam Jones can't last forever.....unless of course Rhodri moves to the O's or France.
Smear me in chocolate and throw me to the Lesbians.
Yoda
Initiate

Post by Yoda »

BaggyTrousers wrote:

Just a few days too late, that was some fight they put up against Treviso.

I'm a shy retiring type Ospreylian but I tell you this, if we have all our big dogs fit for action, I will be amazed if we don't score more than the 47 we put on them in January.

Really just depends on whether or not we can be bothered doing it. Scaaaaaaaaaaaalets are pish, I have no idea how Ospreys finished behind a team with a pack that my Granny would be ashamed to pack down in........... and she's been dead for the past couple of decades. :shock:

I am less confident about the final, I'm just confident we will be in it. :red:
If memory serves you said similar last year before our semi against Edinburgh and that was closer than it should have been. Yes we should win and yes we are the better team but weight of expectation can do funny things to the mind - lets not get too cocky as we need to beat them first
Gael
Steward

Post by Gael »

Do they O's have the monopoly that they used to? I wonder if they'll be the force on the welsh market that they once were for the next few years
There was never a guard nor a customs man, got his nose inside that transit van.
ruckover
Lord Chancellor

Post by ruckover »

No matter how good young Rhodri is, if we don't better this Scaalets scrum then there's something wrong. I've seen U12 teams scrummage better than them. I don't think Jones will start anyway, it seems Samson Lee is the preferred TH right now.

No squad yet?
ruckover
Lord Chancellor

Post by ruckover »

LastKnightoftheproms wrote:
ruckover wrote:No matter how good young Rhodri is, if we don't better this Scaalets scrum then there's something wrong. I've seen U12 teams scrummage better than them. I don't think Jones will start anyway, it seems Samson Lee is the preferred TH right now.

No squad yet?
Ulster squad or Scarlets squad?
Ours. Is it not usually announced on a Tuesday/Wednesday lunch-time then the matchday squad is announced at Thursday lunch-time?