Team for Cardiff

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Setanta
Lord Chancellor

Team for Cardiff

Post by Setanta »

OK, it won't be but...

J. Fitzpatrick
R. Best
S. Best
M. McCullough
J. Harrison
N. Best
R. Wilson
N. McMillan
K. Campbell
D. Humphries
A. Maxwell
P. Steinmetz
A. Trimble
T. Bowe
B. Cunningham
BENCH
D. Fitzpatrick
R. Caldwell
P. Marshall
P. Wallace
O. Hennessy
S. Ferris
N. Brady
colinh
Lord Chancellor

Post by colinh »

Not too far out. It is hopeful that Trimble will get in front of Maggs and I think Scotty Young will get the nod ahead of Maxwell. Is Tyrone Howe injured?

Colin :twisted:
Romeo47 Alpha 52
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

The only change I would think is Shields as hooker plus R best as backup, the Humphs/Wallace decision will be interesting :?
Nearly forgot about Scotty, a better all round choice than Maxwell :D
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
ding dong2u
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by ding dong2u »

Except for Shieldsy hookin' it would be my first choice team. Question is (looking at the long term) should we start Paddy :?:
Stand Up for the Ulster Men

RIP Nevin Spence 1990 - 2012
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Difficult one that ding, it might be better to start Humphs in Cardiff and save Paddy for the first home match :? The first weekend matches showed that most teams are still disorganised and Cardiff by reports were scrappy against Connacht, they should have some more players available this week but will that be any help :? If we can catch them out in the first half with a bit of Humphs magic it would give the team a huge boost for the rest of the season :D We have the players to be fit to prove the pundits wrong and finish up as number 1 or 2 in Ireland this year :D :D
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
ding dong2u
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by ding dong2u »

I tend to agree with you on that one Rooster, you should always play your best team no matter what. However, if we don't show we have faith in the guy what sort of effect will that have on his confidence which seems fragile enough at times. A bit of good man management required here from Muckall.
Stand Up for the Ulster Men

RIP Nevin Spence 1990 - 2012
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

ding dong2u wrote: Question is (looking at the long term) should we start Paddy :?:
Depends if we want to win or not, I suppose.
B.Y.O
Novice

Post by B.Y.O »

Right, IMHO i think paddy should start, if McCall keeps picking him he must see something in training to stick to his guns.
Humph should be on the bench in case the going gets tough in the last half hour.
In the above posts i agree most teams are disorganised in the first games of the season. Ulster should capitalise on this. Fitzy and harrison in the pack and steinmetz kicking. I can smell victory..............
Setanta
Lord Chancellor

Post by Setanta »

Oh, I hope you're right 'buy your own' (remind me to send you a lovely song that fits your moniker!) I had confidently foreseen a good season but all these depressing mails have got to me. By the way there was talk on this site of a new mascot - did you see the young lady who displayed her marvellous mammaries on BBC1 NI in the Botanic during the penultimate NI game? Now she'd be something i could stand for!!