Ulster v Leinster Final.Live Updates.

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

HammerTime
Warrior Assassin

Re: Ulster v Leinster Final.Live Updates.

Post by HammerTime »

Snipe Watson wrote:
HammerTime wrote: Diack is soft, but not a coward.
Hammer why don't you go out and play professional rugby at 6/8 and see how hard you are. Another daft post. He's been hard as nails all season. He was off form under McGlock, but has been superb this season.
Aye dead on. Keep a close eye on him next year you'll find that most of the contact he takes he gets stopped in his tracks and knocked back. Yes he has silky hands and a lovely pass but there not enough fight in him.

'Hard as nails all season' :lol:

He has picked some nice lines, put a few boys in and went in for a few tries himself but to say he is hard as nails is laughable. If there is one Ulster player that the opposition wanted to see running at them it is Robbie Diack cos they know his bulk is up top and not round his thighs (unlike Hendo), top heavy and thus pish easy to stop and smash back.

Ps. I wouldn't last 5 minutes in a match like yesterdays. Would you?
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

HammerTime wrote:
Snipe Watson wrote:
HammerTime wrote: Diack is soft, but not a coward.
Hammer why don't you go out and play professional rugby at 6/8 and see how hard you are. Another daft post. He's been hard as nails all season. He was off form under McGlock, but has been superb this season.
Aye dead on. Keep a close eye on him next year you'll find that most of the contact he takes he gets stopped in his tracks and knocked back. Yes he has silky hands and a lovely pass but there not enough fight in him.

'Hard as nails all season' :lol:

He has picked some nice lines, put a few boys in and went in for a few tries himself but to say he is hard as nails is laughable. If there is one Ulster player that the opposition wanted to see running at them it is Robbie Diack cos they know his bulk is up top and not round his thighs (unlike Hendo), top heavy and thus pish easy to stop and smash back.

Ps. I wouldn't last 5 minutes in a match like yesterdays. Would you?
I wouldn't last 5 seconds.
Hendo has an ass on him like a Charolais bull bit like Louis Picamoles. That's why I think he'll always be a 6/8 and not a 4/5.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

I would last 5, but the 6th would kill me
Damnevar
Novice

Post by Damnevar »

Thought the RDS security were great - friendly, helpful and courteous from my experience. Eventsec could learn a lot from then.
The Towse
Novice

Post by The Towse »

Yep. RDS staff pretty tidy. The queue for the bogs tho...........
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

Neil F wrote: The referee was poor. No doubt about that. I wouldn't call bias but he ruined the first 40 minutes as a spectacle, that's for sure.

Neil,

He kind of has to punish infringements. Ulster made it too easy for him to give penalties in the first half by doing very silly things in a very obvious manner. That is the one major learning Ulster need to take from this game, well that and scoring tries which should be scored. All champion teams engage in over the line infringing without getting pinged. Leinster do it very well, Munster used to do it at least as well when at their best, NZ do it all the time and are the best at it, even SA learned how to do it to an extent after getting blown off the park throughout the early 90's.....though it may be unfair to include SA as they were not just silly but filthy as well which Ulster/Leinster/Munster certainly are not.

Lacey made a couple of criminal errors in the scrum. It is his major area of weakness. He allowed Leinster way too much latitude and on a couple of occasions could have at least issued warnings to go with penalties. Boss could have been yellowed at one point and defintely should have been penalised on a couple of occasions. Ross was dropping the scrum all day or trying to do so and should have been penalised. One penalty given against Court was correct as he was going in sideways against the hooker but Leinster definitely got away with a lot in the scrum.

As for Henry, he was lucky the ref wasn't looking directly at him or he would have been yellowed. Indeed it could be argued he should have been yellowed well before that as he was infringing from the first whistle to the last as you expect and want him to do. The fact he got away with only penalties given against him means he is one of the players who is on the road to where he needs to get to.
It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

HammerTime wrote:He just seemed to see every Ulster infringement and blow on it while conveniently the same can't be said for Leinster infringement. Would have to watch it again though on tv.
It's a learning curve Hammer Time. The best team will have the ref sized up in 5 minutes. Even the best refs can be played.
It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

Damnevar wrote:Thought the RDS security were great - friendly, helpful and courteous from my experience.
Paddy Mac seemed to be working for them, doing a bit of "meet and greet" at the Anglesea Rd gate . :thumleft:
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
chris d
Novice

Post by chris d »

Pretty gutted at the end of that. Game was there for the taking if Ulster only took their chances.

Leinster got the rub of the green off the officials, but it wasn't all one way traffic. The booing during Sexton's kick was embarrassing.

Great defence from both teams. Some sweet breaks from Paddy and S.Olding looked very comfortable out there. I thought Tommy was a class above, though O'Dricoll still has a great step on him.

Losing sucks.
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Every referee favours the home team slightly. It just happens and yesterday was no exception. We may have been the nominally home team, but Leinster were at home.
AyeYerMa
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by AyeYerMa »

Snipe Watson wrote:Every referee favours the home team slightly. It just happens and yesterday was no exception. We may have been the nominally home team, but Leinster were at home.
I noticed a distinct change in the tone of posts both here and on Facebook when the teams were announced.

Think it took until then for the uphill nature of the task in hand to be cottoned on to.
I came for my woman, he came with a razor blade,
Bound like us all for the ocean
Article
Initiate

Post by Article »

Having calmed down and watch the recording....think on balance Leinster just about deserved. Ref made a few dodgy calls most of them went against us...think he lacked a bit of experience for this big occasion got to him...Nigel Owens or Rolland should have been reffing...as for one poster commenting on his "irish" bias ...go back to soccer were you came from...I really think Diack blew a golden chance to change the momentum of the game...RDS was basked in sunshine and is a nice ground ....but ravers will be the place to be next season.
theCloudSpotter
Initiate

Post by theCloudSpotter »

Article wrote:...RDS was basked in sunshine and is a nice ground ....but ravers will be the place to be next season.
Second time in the RDS and still not impressed with place to be honest. I think when Ravenhill is finished it'll blow it out of the water even with the planned redevelopments there too.

...as for the toilets. You expect the queuing thing with the ladies but how in hell's name did they think what they had there yesterday was sufficient? Didn't they see the white shirts all along Merrion Road swilling pints beforehand? >happyparty
Yoda
Initiate

Post by Yoda »

Have watched most of the game back and while not thinking it at the time we did deserve to be pinged on each occasion that we were. The problem was his lack of consistency, Leinster committed as many offences at the breakdown without punishment, Cullen was in at the side at nearly every ruck he took part in and Shan is bang on about the scrum, when ulster pushed early it was a penalty or free kick, if Leinster went down it was a reset.

All you want in a final or any game for that matter is consistency from the ref. totally ridiculous that for a game of that inportance you get a ref with less than 30 games experience. He wasn't up to it
AyeYerMa
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by AyeYerMa »

I'd also issue a positive to beer in screw top bottles.

More of this sort of thing!
I came for my woman, he came with a razor blade,
Bound like us all for the ocean