Ulster v Leinster Final.Live Updates.

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Lurgan Lad
Warrior Chief

Re: Ulster v Leinster Final.Live Updates.

Post by Lurgan Lad »

Neil F wrote:
Lurgan Lad wrote: Think this is absolute nonsense. Henry should have been yellow carded for repeated infringements, even arguably for that incident when he moved his leg on the ground to hit the ball should have been a yellow. The penalty given against Madigan when Bowe tackled him was incorrect too because he was untouched on the ground when he got up.
Leinster did play the ref better than us, but that is what experience and being at the top table brings you. In the end the better team won, they were more disciplined and they scored two tries more than us, congrats to them.
Arguably, the Henry foot incident shouldn't even have been a penalty because the referee was looking away at the offside line when it happened and didn't actually see the event.

The Madigan one was a penalty for not releasing the ball and rightly so - he was on the ground and in Bowe's clutches for long enough to have been held in the tackle, was on the ground and didn't release. Clear penalty.

The referee was poor. No doubt about that. I wouldn't call bias but he ruined the first 40 minutes as a spectacle, that's for sure.
The Henry incident could be any of penalty and yellow, penalty or not a penalty, just making the point it could have been a yellow. As for the Madigan Bowe incident I don't agree with you, Madigan wasn't in Bowe's clutches when he was on the ground and therefore should be allowed to get back up, but no biggie if we disagree on this, jmo.
Agree the ref missed a good bit, but in the end if you have 30 guys on the pitch who would 'cheat' if they could get away with it you can understand why it is such a difficult profession at that level.
HammerTime
Warrior Assassin

Post by HammerTime »

Think that Madigan peno was for Heaslip taking Bowe out when he was nowhere near the ball.
HammerTime
Warrior Assassin

Post by HammerTime »

Article wrote:Having calmed down and watch the recording....think on balance Leinster just about deserved. Ref made a few dodgy calls most of them went against us...think he lacked a bit of experience for this big occasion got to him...Nigel Owens or Rolland should have been reffing...as for one poster commenting on his "irish" bias ...go back to soccer were you came from...I really think Diack blew a golden chance to change the momentum of the game...RDS was basked in sunshine and is a nice ground ....but ravers will be the place to be next season.
Probably true but Would Leinster have deserved it overall if Ulster had have taken the Diack chance or scored the penalty try at scrum or not be constantly pinged early on in the game into that gale? Leinster closed it out because of this. Ulster certainly would have upped it if even one of those had have happened and it could have been a completely different story. Watched back on scrum v to get a semi impartial view. They believed Ulster were hard done by on numerous occasions. Davies said he couldn't get over the noise from the Ulster fans and certainly I thought the Leinsterfans were comprehensively out-sung. Strangely enough, most of the sound coming through on tv was that annoying chant of COYBIB. Weird.
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

rosetintedgoggles wrote:From my experience of working in the Republic of Ireland both Leinster and Munsterites view Notherners as Northern Barstewards!

That's why he might favour Leinster over Ulster.

Mind you messers Fitzmonkey and Clowncy supported him capably in that department.

All round disgraceful performances from the officials. There should be no doubt about bias only competence. The officials should have been picked from the other Pro 12 nations.
Redwhite&bluetintedgoggles - I spoke to a number of Leinster fans yesterday, and without exception, they wanted their team to win, but if they lost, they stated they would have been happy to at least have lost to ANOTHER IRISH team.

Maybe you work in the wrong circles - in my experience I have come across a few Munster fans (very few) and no Leinster fans who regard us a Northern Barstewards. We are provincial rivals, possibly even the siblings that fight one another, but still part of the same family that close ranks against outsiders, and I wouldn't have it any other way.
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
bootlaced
Lord Chancellor

Post by bootlaced »

Going off on a tangent, here are the Match Stats.

http://www.espn.co.uk/rabodirect-pro12- ... 67118.html

we made 143 tackles to their 61.
"Never whistle while you're pi$$ing", Hagbard Celine
stickinout
Warrior Chief

Post by stickinout »

HammerTime wrote:Think that Madigan peno was for Heaslip taking Bowe out when he was nowhere near the ball.
A classic Leinster move that.
bootlaced
Lord Chancellor

Post by bootlaced »

Cap'n Grumpy wrote:
rosetintedgoggles wrote:From my experience of working in the Republic of Ireland both Leinster and Munsterites view Notherners as Northern Barstewards!

Mind you messers Fitzmonkey and Clowncy supported him capably in that department.

All round disgraceful performances from the officials. There should be no doubt about bias only competence. The officials should have been picked from the other Pro 12 nations.
Redwhite&bluetintedgoggles - I spoke to a number of Leinster fans yesterday, and without exception, they wanted their team to win, but if they lost, they stated they would have been happy to at least have lost to ANOTHER IRISH team.

Maybe you work in the wrong circles - in my experience I have come across a few Munster fans (very few) and no Leinster fans who regard us a Northern Barstewards. We are provincial rivals, possibly even the siblings that fight one another, but still part of the same family that close ranks against outsiders, and I wouldn't have it any other way.

In my exerience of those in the nether regions,they tend to view us as very sophisicated,I made many a friend in my youth by selling condoms,and the odd blue rag in my excursions there. Don't forget most had only limited experience of the Kays catologue womens lingerie section.
rosetintedgoggles
Novice

Post by rosetintedgoggles »

Lol! Made a few quid myself that way. Many years ago!

On watching over again, and calmed down somewhat Leinster deserved to win on balance.

The trio of officials were poor. Below the required standard for a game of this magnitude.

Roll on next season. Best wishes to messrs Best and Bowe.

SUFTUM
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

bootlaced wrote:In my exerience of those in the nether regions,they tend to view us as very sophisicated,I made many a friend in my youth by selling condoms,and the odd blue rag in my excursions there. Don't forget most had only limited experience of the Kays catologue womens lingerie section.
Leinster shirt or scarf? :lol:
I'm not arguing -
bootlaced
Lord Chancellor

Post by bootlaced »

:lol:
pip14
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by pip14 »

My summing up
1) First 10 minutes cost us dearly
2) WTH was Diack doing? All he had to do was fall all over the line for the try
3) Leinster are so clinical. They get in your 22 and they score 9 times outa 10. We butchered too many oppertunities

PS anyone else spot Healy taking a page outa Hines book regarding holding Afoa in the Ruck? :banghead:
You've got to get your first tackle in early, even if it's late.
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

pip14 wrote:PS anyone else spot Healy taking a page outa Hines book regarding holding Afoa in the Ruck? :banghead:
EVERYBODY ....... except the officials. :roll:
I'm not arguing -
Leargas
Novice

Post by Leargas »

I'm glad to see that Connacht is an oasis of enlightenment!
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

Shan and Captain
In my opinion Lacey was the worst referee we have had all season a novice totally out of his depth.

I haven't a clue what the first penalty against Ulster was for.

Diack did not go into the ruck off his feet he may have been put off his feet. But the incident exposes Lacey at his worst He blows the penalty late runs back and and then as an after thought decides to send a player off to justify the decision. (He had indicated the penalty decision earlier but on several occasions players didn't know a penalty had been awarded for a previous infringement he just blew and went back to a place on the pitch)

He gave 13 penalties against Ulster 4 within the first 5 minutes of the 1 st half and three in the first 5 minutes in the second half thus Ulster only appear to have given away 6 penalties in 70 minutes of play and 7 in the first five minutes of each half .

Sorry in my book that doesn't add up to someone being a good referee.

At least 2 or three of the penalties given against Ulster were marginal . I can't remember one occasion when a marginal decision went against Leinster.
several Ulster players just hadn't an idea why he was blowing there were Leinster players going in the wrong side and its a penalty against Ulster.

He gave Leinster the opportunity for a 10 point lead and they took it and he did his best to maintain the lead.

definitely well out of his comfort zone
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

Cap'n Grumpy wrote:
Those ones probably thought Leinster were playing against Munster. >EW
Cap'n Grumpy wrote:
Some of ye are northern barstewards and some of us are southern barstewards. North, South, East and West. One for all and all for one. Loving it.

>TLGH
It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.