Neil Kelly's Defensive attack!!

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

rocky wrote:Really looking forward to seeing Bestie at 6 and McMillen at 7, too.
You are not the only one waiting for this Rocky :D
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Freddie Benson
Lord Chancellor

Post by Freddie Benson »

cjp wrote: the good aul big fight live on a Friday which there hasn't been since Mark Blair which should get the crowd going and hopefully the good old ravenhill roar back.
I think you doing Neil Best a hell of a disservice there. He could in a fight in the back of a taxi.........hang on he DID get in a fight in the back of a taxi.

I do share some of your concerns. This season it looks we will have a lineout that will give us parity of possession at least. Even 2 seasons ago, the lineout was poor but we got to 2nd in CL by excellent defence and scoring tries with the little possession we did have. Last season we had neither of those. I do believe (it's the Guiness :wink: ) that we have the talent in the back line (Steinmetz, Trimble, Bowe, Cunningham etc) to score tries. NZ and SA are showing that it's a fallacy that you can't score of first phase ball - if you have pace, power and handling skills it is eminently achievable.
No longer the Celtic League winning coach
Freddie Benson
Lord Chancellor

Post by Freddie Benson »

Looking forward to the URSC event with Neil Kelly tonight at Ravers - 8pm if you can get along.
(Think there's a football match on somewhere though as well, is that right? :wink: )

I note that Justin Fitzpatrick and Keiran Campbell are slated to appear - the pair of them were spotted at lunchtime today on the Lisburn Road - perhaps putting their case for the defence together :?: :lol:
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Fitzy's main defensive attributes are , if he's near enough flatten him :lol:
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
colinh
Lord Chancellor

Post by colinh »

I do believe (it's the Guiness ) that we have the talent in the back line (Steinmetz, Trimble, Bowe, Cunningham etc) to score tries. NZ and SA are showing that it's a fallacy that you can't score of first phase ball - if you have pace, power and handling skills it is eminently achievable.
We have scored some very good tries of line out (best attacking flatform there is) ball such as Paddy Wallace's try against Stade Francais the season before last.

Colin :twisted:
Romeo47 Alpha 52
Freddie Benson
Lord Chancellor

Post by Freddie Benson »

NZ are doing it two or three times a game not every other season.

Tries I'm talking about. OOerr missus :!: :!: :wink: :roll: