Ulster V Ospreys

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Ulster V Ospreys

Post by BR »

ruckover wrote:The official line is that Bowe hasn't fully recovered from a dead leg picked up last week.
Smokescreen! He was dropped due to his mixed loyalties.
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
robrfc15
Novice

Post by robrfc15 »

Bowe is out with dead leg he picked up in training, rumours are Sparky did it to him so he could get a run out
ruckover
Lord Chancellor

Post by ruckover »

Really glad to see Trimble back early. Good to see Olding back on the bench too.

Worried about tighthead though. This week is ok but ahead of Leicester next week we'll be going into the game with one prop who hasn't played competitive rugby for 4 months and one who gets injured every other match.

Gilroy at 15 and Payne at 13 again. This will be the game that will determine our backs for the Tigers game I think. Good backs performance, keep it as it is, bad performance and Cave will come in again. Interesting to see how that goes.

Excited. Will be a very good game.
You haven't seen me at my best yet. Let's be honest, you probably never will.
Cornerfleg
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cornerfleg »

No ... if Bowe turns up to training wearing an "I heart Y Gweilch" T shirt he's asking for it!
Always ask yourself, "What would Big Rodney do"... And every time the answer is... "Eat It"
Joe Schmo
Chancellor to the King

Post by Joe Schmo »

BR wrote:
Joe Schmo wrote:I assume Bowe is being managed keep D4 happy?
No - he played last week, he didn't make the squad this week => he's been dropped. It's the UAFC way.
:lol::lol::lol: well I suppose the try he scored last week even Diack could have finished off :lol:
ruckover
Lord Chancellor

Post by ruckover »

OSPREYS TEAM TO PLAY ULSTER
15. Richard Fussell
14. Jeff Hassler
13. Andrew Bishop
12. Ashley Beck
11. Eli Walker
10. Dan Biggar
9. Tito Tebaldi

1. Ryan Bevington
2. Richard Hibbard
3. Adam Jones
4. Alun-Wyn Jones (captain)
5. Ian Evans
6. Tyler Ardron
7. Justin Tipuric
8. Joe Bearman

Replacements
16. Scott Baldwin
17. Duncan Jones
18. Aaron Jarvis
19. James King
20. Sam Lewis
21. Tom Habberfield
22. Matthew Morgan
23. Ben John
You haven't seen me at my best yet. Let's be honest, you probably never will.
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

ruckover wrote:OSPREYS TEAM TO PLAY ULSTER
Ouch!
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
mea97mb
Squire

Post by mea97mb »

BR wrote:
Ouch!
Meh...I'd only take 5/6 of their team over our starting team!
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

I am confidently predicting the rounds of the kitchen in Ospreyville. That is a shockingly poor team to out out the week before a HC game. It is not possible for Ulster to win this game.

I am assuming it is dictated by injury but some selections are just plain wrong - Anscombe OUT, now. This is simply not good enough.

By the looks of that I see three defeats in a row, two of which - the away games - could be crushingly humiliating.

Yes injury may well be playing a part but it has to be said, that team at this time of year is a shambles.

I foresee real trouble ahead, poor start getting worse.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

mea97mb wrote:
BR wrote:
Ouch!
You are in for some shock on Friday night. :roll:
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
bazzaj

Post by bazzaj »

BaggyTrousers wrote:I am confidently predicting the rounds of the kitchen in Ospreyville. That is a shockingly poor team to out out the week before a HC game. It is not possible for Ulster to win this game.

I am assuming it is dictated by injury but some selections are just plain wrong - Anscombe OUT, now. This is simply not good enough.

By the looks of that I see three defeats in a row, two of which - the away games - could be crushingly humiliating.

Yes injury may well be playing a part but it has to be said, that team at this time of year is a shambles.

I foresee real trouble ahead, poor start getting worse.
I thought you were taking the mick Bagster.
What selections upset you the most?
I am guessing DF and Diack.
The rest seems straight forward enough really.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Joe Schmo wrote:
BR wrote:
Joe Schmo wrote:I assume Bowe is being managed keep D4 happy?
No - he played last week, he didn't make the squad this week => he's been dropped. It's the UAFC way.
:lol::lol::lol: well I suppose the try he scored last week even Diack could have finished off :lol:
No way Joe, Robbie would have decided, like at the RDS, diving was unsafe, best not to on the whole, no try.
mea97mb
Squire

Post by mea97mb »

BaggyTrousers wrote:
mea97mb wrote:
BR wrote:
Ouch!
You are in for some shock on Friday night. :roll:
Umm...no, I am well aware how good the Ospreys are and the form they are in. I am only saying that if I had the choice of a mixed selection I would only take Walker, Bigger, Jones, Jones, Tipuric and possible Evans. Having said that it does not mean I do not rate them and I fully expect this to be a really tough match for us. I still reckon if we play to our ability then we should win, however being the away team and our start this season getting us to play to our ability may well be a stretch.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

bazzaj wrote: I thought you were taking the mick Bagster.
What selections upset you the most?
I am guessing DF and Diack.
The rest seems straight forward enough really.
Diack should of course be nowhere near that team against serious opposition & O's are all of that, very imprsseive front 5, good back row & decent halfbacks & a few wise heads behind that.

I'm irritated that BBJ is STILL not available, maybe operation times had to be fitted around his holidays :roll: . It's really getting to the stage of the utterly ludicrous, roll on next season when whoever we have at 3 may be crap but we will know they are actually keen to be here. I don't suppose anyone could advise if the whole BBJ nonsense is perhaps a source of friction in the camp. I'd be astonished if its not.

I find Payne at 13 another nonsense, he is wasted there and a proper 13 scratching his shillicks on the pine.

I find Gilly at 15 utterly unproven for the job, bad bad idea to carry this on in the run up to HC games & if as appears likely it's how we are going to line out against Tigers & Montpellier I despair.

Whilst it's great Angry is back I am not happy that Tommy - the finest weapon in NH rugby - has again turned up missing.

I expect us to get hoaked. I was joking about Anscombe OUT, but any more of this & its'
Fillyourhands.jpg
Fillyourhands.jpg (8.41 KiB) Viewed 1490 times
OneMore
Warrior Chief

Post by OneMore »

I think Payne played 13 better on Friday past than Cave has this season so far, and the back end of last season. I think Gilroy was competent at full back on Friday, and support giving him more time in that role. I understand the worries with the HEC game next week, but I'm on for us having more options, and us having the ability to change things during the game.

Totally agree on the Afoa situation. Starting to grate.