Opening of new stadium

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Opening of new stadium

Post by Russ »

ruckover wrote:
Rooster wrote:
Setanta wrote:Barbarians
That is my thought as well :thumleft:
Nice idea, but would such a well-respected historic team made up of international stars be brought together for a match simply to open up a club's new stadium? Unless we manage to win the Heineken Cup or Pro12 and put a "Baa-Baas vs. the Champions" spin on it, I doubt it.
+3
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

ruckover wrote:
Rooster wrote:
Nice idea, but would such a well-respected historic team made up of international stars be brought together for a match simply to open up a club's new stadium? Unless we manage to win the Heineken Cup or Pro12 and put a "Baa-Baas vs. the Champions" spin on it, I doubt it.
Suppose it depends if they are doing any other matches at the time and also perhaps if we get a sponsor for the naming rights etc. Probably won't happen but would be very nice if it did.
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Rooster wrote:
ruckover wrote:
Rooster wrote:
Suppose it depends if they are doing any other matches at the time and also perhaps if we get a sponsor for the naming rights etc. Probably won't happen but would be very nice if it did.
Standard Chartered Arena - we could have our pick of Saffa sides including Saracens
bootlaced
Lord Chancellor

Post by bootlaced »

A Rabo Pro 12 XV,purely to exclude the Franglais. >EW
"Never whistle while you're pi$$ing", Hagbard Celine
Loki
Warrior Assassin

Post by Loki »

I'd be happy to see 2 provincial XVs playing each other - something along the lines of a few years ago when the juniors played off. that or a world xv. even if it was approached in the style of a testimonial. bit of gold dust for a day out. or even a rogue's fifteen with the like of Chabal, Hernandez, Jerry Collins, Rob Dewey etc. Trevor Brennan to coach with Niall Crozier his assistant.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Loki wrote:I'd be happy to see 2 provincial XVs playing each other - something along the lines of a few years ago when the juniors played off. that or a world xv. even if it was approached in the style of a testimonial. bit of gold dust for a day out. or even a rogue's fifteen with the like of Chabal, Hernandez, Jerry Collins, Rob Dewey etc. Trevor Brennan to coach with Niall Crozier his assistant.
Johan's testimonial >drink1
LegsLikeSausages
Warrior Chief

Post by LegsLikeSausages »

Rooster wrote:
Cornerfleg wrote:Natal Sharks ..... :D
Would that count as a match in the McCafferty and Wray Memorial Cup ?
I like the idea of a McCafferty and Wray Memorial Cup.... means the feckers are no longer with us....