MOTM VS Montpellier

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Who was your MOTM VS Montpellier

J Payne
3%
A Trimble
1%
D Cave
3%
L Marshall
No votes
T Bowe
No votes
P Jackson
36%
R Pienaar
3%
T Court
2%
R Best
17%
D Fitzpatrick
2%
J Muller
2%
D Tuohy
22%
R Diack
No votes
C Henry
2%
R Wilson
5%
M Allen
No votes
S Olding
No votes
R Herring
No votes
C Black
No votes
P Marshall
No votes
J Afoa
No votes
L Stevenson
No votes
I Henderson
No votes

Total votes: 87

Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: MOTM VS Montpellier

Post by Snipe Watson »

The Pack really fronted up. That was a beastly Montpellier pack used to bullying other sides and our boys didn't give an inch; massive aggression and commitment at the breakdown. 1-8 they were excellent as were the subs.
Backs created and ran superb likes Jared was excellent again so was Paddy and Darren, back to his best.
MOTM goes to the man who makes Ulster tick and he’s here for another three and a half seasons.......................................Paul Marshall

No sorry Ruan Pienaar :duh:
Cornerfleg
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cornerfleg »

Jacko, Cave, Touhy and St P .... awesome.

But for me Rory Best was superhuman at the breakdown and work rate. Team deserves the award, but if I have to pick one above the rest Rory had me applauding ...

One of the best tries you'll see from Trimble and Bowe, the skill level to pass back and forth and not over run it - magic. And Paddy's tackle. Still doing the Whooooo Hoooo dance!

I bet the PRL are screaming about the no relegation thing again ... nit a great series of results for the best league in the world,
Always ask yourself, "What would Big Rodney do"... And every time the answer is... "Eat It"
Gary
Chancellor to the King
Location: Carrickfergus and Odessa. (Not at the same time. That would be silly.)

Post by Gary »

Genuinely haven't a clue who to vote for. Matter what I do I'll be being unfair to everyone else.

Could I give it to our travelling support? They beat the French out of sight :salut:
Soldiers who wanna be heroes number practically zero, but there are millions who wanna be civilians
Gnome
Steward

Post by Gnome »

Fantastic Team performance.
What an away result against the top of the Top 14.
Kept having to pinch myself.
MOTM difficult to single out, (Rory, PJ, Cave, coaches etc) but have now gone for J. Muller as "el capitano" of great team effort.
:salut: :party: :bowdown:
pip14
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by pip14 »

Special mention of Henderson, he has to be odds on 6 for Ireland in near very near future :red:
You've got to get your first tackle in early, even if it's late.
Haddock
Novice

Post by Haddock »

Snipe Watson wrote:The Pack really fronted up. That was a beastly Montpellier pack used to bullying other sides and our boys didn't give an inch; massive aggression and commitment at the breakdown. 1-8 they were excellent as were the subs.
Backs created and ran superb likes Jared was excellent again so was Paddy and Darren, back to his best.
MOTM goes to the man who makes Ulster tick and he’s here for another three and a half seasons.......................................Paul Marshall

No sorry Ruan Pienaar :duh:

Sometimes you just have to enjoy something good. This was very good. You cannot look beyond the stars, without them we would be nothing, their bravery and courage tonight to a man, made everything possible for all. And then when a team performance reaches a certain level - there is only one MOM ... The team. That is true tonight. Each one put body and sole into a performance that we can all share and rejoice as a whole.

THANK YOU

As always enjoy the weekend and then let's come back to earth and focus on the next game
TheElephantMan
Steward

Post by TheElephantMan »

The forwards were immense today,every single one.
bootlaced
Lord Chancellor

Post by bootlaced »

I went for PJ,pack were awesome. But an honourable mention must go to Anscombe. :cowboy:
"Never whistle while you're pi$$ing", Hagbard Celine
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

TheElephantMan wrote:The forwards were immense today,every single one.
That would be Tom Court then! >EW
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
Lurgan Lad
Warrior Chief

Post by Lurgan Lad »

Went for Rory and then I had 2nd thoughts and thought about going for PJ, but frig it does it really matter, there were so many stand out performances it was amazing to see.
OldMan
Novice

Post by OldMan »

Very difficuly to select Ulster's MOTM, all the guys performed and were up for the game. Montpellier are a good team but our defence was better. All the talk in the build-up to the game was the 'Hendo or Robbie' selection - Robbie didn't let us down and when Hendo came on, he created the havoc that we all expected. RP stepped up to the plate and slotted the penalty's in the 2nd half.
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

OldMan wrote:Very difficuly to select Ulster's MOTM, all the guys performed and were up for the game. Montpellier are a good team but our defence was better. All the talk in the build-up to the game was the 'Hendo or Robbie' selection - Robbie didn't let us down and when Hendo came on, he created the havoc that we all expected. RP stepped up to the plate and slotted the penalty's in the 2nd half.
Robbie rarely lets Ulster down since he came back to form last season. Solid grafter and a great lineout catcher.
ladyboy696969
Novice

Post by ladyboy696969 »

Great win for Ulster, outstanding. Back to back against an under performing Treviso. You're looking at 18 pts with 2 games to go in the group. 4 Irish wins, and Cardiff. Wins for Ospreys and Glasgow tomorrow and you can just see the excuses coming out.
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

O me of little faith, in my prediction I went for a Montpellier win it's nice to wrong once in a while not that I'm right that often where " Her in doors" is concerned.

The back 3 looked a bit "ify" at times under the short high up and under but stood up to the pounding well in the second half. The best thing was their back three were even more "ify"

The mid field and back row defensive performance was first rate and our front five stood up to the task well.

What surprised me was that Montpellier didn't go for the' Leinster like kick in the corner' and attempt the try from the line out . In the end Montpellier ran out of ideas.

Man of the Match basically the forwards did what forwards have to do hunt together and play together collectively superb and thus a forward can't qualify for the vote. While the backs combined well for the try and defended well they are tasks where all relied on the guy beside them and it was again a superb collective performance.

Therefore MoTM comes down to either Ruan or Paddy with Paddy getting the vote for that one moment match changing tackle .
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
Gary
Chancellor to the King
Location: Carrickfergus and Odessa. (Not at the same time. That would be silly.)

Post by Gary »

ladyboy696969 wrote:Great win for Ulster, outstanding. Back to back against an under performing Treviso. You're looking at 18 pts with 2 games to go in the group. 4 Irish wins, and Cardiff. Wins for Ospreys and Glasgow tomorrow and you can just see the excuses coming out.

Not sure that they've any excuses left. I'm certain they've already used them all :D
Soldiers who wanna be heroes number practically zero, but there are millions who wanna be civilians