Leinster v Ulster

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

John_e_boy
Squire

Re: Leinster v Ulster

Post by John_e_boy »

Snipe Watson wrote:
John_e_boy wrote:
Snipe Watson wrote:
Cap'n Grumpy wrote:That knock on by Boss was then played by a Leinster foot by someone in an offside position
It hit his foot
That doesn't matter. Ulster's advantage taken away by an offside Leinster player. PENALTY offence...
even in an accidental situation?
yes, Leinster player is already in an offside position (ahead of last team mate who played the ball) and his deliberate action or positioning takes away an Ulster advantage. He has to move away from the ball.

But he kicked it on purpose anyway, very sly wee tap!
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

Snipe Watson wrote:
John_e_boy wrote:
Snipe Watson wrote:
Cap'n Grumpy wrote:That knock on by Boss was then played by a Leinster foot by someone in an offside position
It hit his foot
That doesn't matter. Ulster's advantage taken away by an offside Leinster player. PENALTY offence...
YES - he shouldn't even have been there to have an "accidental" situation.
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
Jockster
Squire

Post by Jockster »

Lessons learned guys. We sat back far too much and allowed them to play. No intensity or any quality phases. Attitude is everything and they wanted it far more than we did. We lacked any form of coordination---and didn't play as a team should...in summary We deserved nothing from that game now let's regroup and prepare for the next one. SUFTUM.
Neil F
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neil F »

John_e_boy; love your posts about the referee. Spot on and great stuff. Nice to feel like I'm not alone in picking these things up. :salut:
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

John_e_boy wrote:
BR wrote:How wad that a peno against Payne? It was a ruck the instant the tackle was made?
No, Leinster 5 is the tackler, he lets go, Payne goes to ground and Leinster supporting player, on his feet and through the gate, contests the ball.

Call was actually correct Mr.Lacey...
Need to watch it again, but my view was the Ulster support was there (for once) before the Leinster man goes for the ball.
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
John_e_boy
Squire

Post by John_e_boy »

Yes, ultimately we were hopeless tonight, save for about 5 minutes when Payne and Ruan came on, our only period of pressure in the game.

Handling was atrocious, decision-making poor, support of our ball carriers non-existant, intensity at ruck totally missing and top ranking players had howlers tonight.

But please, let's not allow our atrocious performance to take away from how Tom Kite Lacey was tonight. He deserves to get a man-to-man bollocking from his assessor tonight after thon performance. Perhaps even a couple of weeks back in the AIL.
Neil F
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neil F »

Snipe Watson wrote:
John_e_boy wrote:
Snipe Watson wrote:
It hit his foot
I doubt the "situation" was "accidental". Should have been pinged there for a lazy retreat, if nothing else.
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

pip14 wrote:Do not blame the ref. ulster were pathetic!
Not disputing that but how much of Ulster's mindset was affected by the way it was reffed? How many times were Ulster told by the ref not to contest a situation they were certainly entitled to contest, thus giving the Leinster players a free ride?
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Neil F wrote:
John_e_boy wrote:OH FFS REF

Leinster player lies on top the ball and you ping us?????
Aye, was thinking the same but it wasn't the first time in the game... General feeling was that he was about half a second quicker to penalise each Ulster offence than each Leinster offence, throughout the game. Let's not split hairs, though, Ulster were utterly appalling.
Was thinking the same Neil. Nothing new in the home team getting the rub of the green, but if you don't help yourself.
Tony McWhirter sounds like the priest with the boring voice from Father Ted.
silliwilli
Novice

Post by silliwilli »

Lacey incompetence was only overshadowed by a truely woeful performance. That game was there for the taking. Pathetic and puts the strength in depth argument to bed.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Dreadful performance. If this injury jinx doesn't end soon we are going to have many painful days like this. Outside our best 23 we have some guys who are completely out of their depth at this level.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
for dog and ulcer
Lord Chancellor

Post by for dog and ulcer »

silliwilli wrote:Lacey incompetence was only overshadowed by a truely woeful performance. That game was there for the taking. Pathetic and puts the strength in depth argument to bed.
Totally how I saw it too.
John_e_boy
Squire

Post by John_e_boy »

Neil F wrote:John_e_boy; love your posts about the referee. Spot on and great stuff. Nice to feel like I'm not alone in picking these things up. :salut:
Thanks. I'm an IRB level 2 qualified ref who refs the level just off premier in NL. The equivalent in England is level 4 (national league 2) or in Ireland I guess I would be doing Ulster league premier division ;-)

I'm also an ex front rower and I know refs are useless at scrumtime, but they can be taught!!
AyeYerMa
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by AyeYerMa »

A shower of complete and utter sh1te who need to spend a hell of a lot less time drinking coffee, eating sandwiches and singing cnuting songs & a hell of a lot more playing rugby.

Complete dirt.

Tickets, flights and hotel bookings available for the Tigers game. Wouldn't waste my time on that bunch if showboating cnuts.
Last edited by AyeYerMa on Sat Dec 28, 2013 9:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.
I came for my woman, he came with a razor blade,
Bound like us all for the ocean
silliwilli
Novice

Post by silliwilli »

I assume we can nominate a Northern ref for next week...that's how the IRFU works isn't it? No...didn't think so :banghead: At least like the other Irish sides we get an easy ride next week against...oh...no...wait...we don't get that either...