One F

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

BuckRogers
Red Hand Ambassador

Re: One F

Post by BuckRogers »

Wee Woman wrote:
BuckRogers wrote:
Wee Woman wrote:
Snipe Watson wrote:
Wee Woman wrote: Hold on a minute, I can't find the post but didn't you say just last week that if Stevo was going to be back anytime in the next few weeks, you'd eat your hat??

Stevo is targeting the Treviso game and you knew it all along.

Best get ready to eat your hat, or whatever it was then :)
WW, Pip14 said that 1F was targeting a return in two weeks. 1F said he was targeting a return in two months. Personally I tend to believe 1F.
Appreciate that Snipe but why has King gone from eating his hat to questioning if Stevo is playing this week or next?
He doesn't normally make mischievous comments like that does he??

Call me mad but I think there is a possibility that we could see 1F back before the end of the month in some shape or form.
You're mad.
Fairy nuff :)
Nice and all as it would be to see he's only after being able to exercise the ankle without it blowing up. Simply no way he could be close to fitness this side of 2014. He'll need intensive aerobic/strength work for at least 6 uninterupted weeks to get his weaker leg and lungs up to speed that's before you even look at match fitness which after 14 months out of the game will require a very measured and gradual return.

Even at that there is no guarantee things like Hammers, calves, quads don't suffer what could be almost inevitable niggles. Look at Paddy Macs attempts to get back after a similar time out of the game and he doesnt have Ferris' other associated lower body issues.
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

BuckRogers wrote: Look at Paddy Macs attempts to get back after a similar time out of the game and he doesnt have Ferris' other associated lower body issues.
I hope he cleans up anything that issues from his lower body! :shock:
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
BuckRogers
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by BuckRogers »

Cap'n Grumpy wrote:
BuckRogers wrote: Look at Paddy Macs attempts to get back after a similar time out of the game and he doesnt have Ferris' other associated lower body issues.
I hope he cleans up anything that issues from his lower body! :shock:
Toilet humour at its finest there Cap'n.
kingofthehill
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by kingofthehill »

Wee Woman wrote:
kingofthehill wrote:Is Ferris back this week or next??
Hold on a minute, I can't find the post but didn't you say just last week that if Stevo was going to be back anytime in the next few weeks, you'd eat your hat??

Yes you did!

Hence why I'm asking was it this week or next?
The King is dead. Long live the King.
Wee Woman
Lord Chancellor

Post by Wee Woman »

kingofthehill wrote:
Wee Woman wrote:
Hold on a minute, I can't find the post but didn't you say just last week that if Stevo was going to be back anytime in the next few weeks, you'd eat your hat??

Yes you did!

Hence why I'm asking was it this week or next?
Naughty King >threaten
:lol:
ColinM
Lord Chancellor

Post by ColinM »

King are you Rory McIrorys PR person?
mea97mb
Squire

Post by mea97mb »

Stephen Ferris ‏@StephenFerris6 1h
Getting back into my leg weights this week and feeling good. Another running session coming up. #goodweek
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Wee Woman wrote:
Snipe Watson wrote:
Wee Woman wrote:

WW, Pip14 said that 1F was targeting a return in two weeks. 1F said he was targeting a return in two months. Personally I tend to believe 1F.
Appreciate that Snipe but why has King gone from eating his hat to questioning if Stevo is playing this week or next?
Yes he does and this is one of those occasions.
Have a look at this:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/rugby-union/25045168
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Wee Woman wrote:
If you only knew the half of it Wee Woman :lol: :lol: :lol:
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Spiffsson
Warrior Chief

Post by Spiffsson »

Would love to see big Stevie fit and back to his best. If Ireland had had him against NZ they would have won - nae question!
jackthelad
Warrior Chief

Post by jackthelad »

Spiffsson wrote:Would love to see big Stevie fit and back to his best. If Ireland had had him against NZ they would have won - nae question!
If selected of course. Schmidt might have wanted a more experienced 6 blah blah blah......
Smear me in chocolate and throw me to the Lesbians.
Meg The Lab
Novice

Post by Meg The Lab »

According to the Telegraph this morning Ulster Rugby are planning to extend One Fs contract to allow more time for recovery. How much longer can this go on?
I've just swallowed a whole bag of scrabble squares. My next visit to the toilet could spell trouble.
Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Jackie Brown »

I think it was always optimistic to only extend to Christmas. He should be back in January. The fact they are considering this must mean his rehab is going well.
Gonna Party Like It's 1999
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Meg The Lab wrote:According to the Telegraph this morning Ulster Rugby are planning to extend One Fs contract to allow more time for recovery. How much longer can this go on?
Under the original circumstances this time last year when the IRFU tried to get him semi fit for the 6 Nations and put off a needed operation till after 6 Nations I feel personally they have actually got a duty of care to Stevie to give him a chance to see if he can make it, but would think that unless he actually gets back to reasonable starting team fitness before the latter stages of this season unfortunately he will have to call it a day.
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

Any word on whether Ferris actually got an extension to his contract to assist with his recovery?? and how long for??
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU