Youths Rugby

ny and all to do with skules

Moderator: Moderators

ormondlad
Novice

Youths Rugby

Post by ormondlad »

Think this forum is prob most appropriate for this thread but can anyone give any info on how the Ulster Leagues at under 19 and under 17 are structured and how they are going this season?
Who looks strong this year?
pwrmoore
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Youths Rugby

Post by pwrmoore »

Was going to point you at the domestic side of the UR site but it seems they have a problem with their webserver at the moment. Whenever they get it back it may give you some clues but they rarely have everything up to date. Just go to the main Ulster Rugby site and then click on the Green "Ulster Branch logo near the top left or select the "Domestic" tab above it.
Paul.

C'mon Ulsterrrrrrrrr! :red:
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

pwrmoore wrote:... it seems they have a problem with their webserver at the moment. Whenever they get it back it may give you some clues ...
By the time they get that sored the U19s will be playing for the vets.
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

BR wrote:
pwrmoore wrote:... it seems they have a problem with their webserver at the moment. Whenever they get it back it may give you some clues ...
By the time they get that sored the U19s will be playing for the vets.
New firm on that now yet again so it may get sorted before that BR, don't hold your breath though.
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
pwrmoore
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by pwrmoore »

found this on the UR Domestic site whicgh appears to be fixed...
Youth Rugby in Ulster is played at four age groups: Under 13, Under 15, Under 17 and Under 19.

There are 33 teams playing at U13 and U15 level, 35 teams at U17 level, and 22 teams at U19 level.

We currently operate a league structure, sponsored by Ulster Carpets, for all age groups. The league starts in October and following its completion in January, the Cup competitions begin and run through until the beginning of May. The cup competition for each age grade is divided into four sections (Cup, Bowl, Plate and Shield) to ensure teams get the maximum amount of participation.

Each club involved in Youth Rugby is entitled to send a representatives to the monthly Youth Committee meetings which take place on the first Wednesday of each month.

For further information on Youth Rugby in Ulster contact your local club or:
TOWY NEALE (Chairman of the Youth Rugby Committee)
http://www.ulsterrugby.com/domestic/clu ... rugby.aspx
Paul.

ormondlad
Novice

Post by ormondlad »

Anyone able to give a further update on how leagues are going at u19 and u17 level? With changes to age groups - think Ulster gone back to 1/7 as age cut off from 1/1 - I don't think there will be any all Ireland series but I could be wrong. anyone know different?
pwrmoore
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by pwrmoore »

ormondlad wrote:Anyone able to give a further update on how leagues are going at u19 and u17 level? With changes to age groups - think Ulster gone back to 1/7 as age cut off from 1/1 - I don't think there will be any all Ireland series but I could be wrong. anyone know different?

Quite surprisingly there is information on the Domestic side of the Ulster Rugby website.

There are league tables here http://www.ulsterrugby.com/domestic/Fix ... ables.aspx which appear to be reasonably up to date. I'm afraid I can't read them for you ;-)
Paul.