How many Saracen fans will come over?

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Re: How many Saracen fans will come over?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

big mervyn wrote:I thought he might be one of the Hertfordshire Adoos. Wonder how Alec is these days?
Hertforshire!

get it right. >EW

I heard that Alec had been complaining about the state of the Mount Merrion turnstiles ..... never saw him as someone who would object to treatment paid for by the government - although I thought he would prefer to go private! :shock:
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
BuckRogers
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by BuckRogers »

Think we could do with one of those captioned pictures that baggy, amongst others, puts up from time to time. Someone face-palming themselves captioning 'its the Internet' should suffice.

Sadly message boards, or forums, are no longer solely for debate about the vagaries of what is going on in rugby but as much to bitch, whine and goad others. I presume it is down to the increasing notion through the widespread proliferation of social media that trolling, or being a Gatland, is cool, funny or whatever.

Suffice to say this is just the Internet and when it comes to actual real life most people are not arseholes. At the very least they certainly are more aware that flagrantly insulting someone is likely to get you a dig in the chops rather than t'internet equivalent-a threatening PM.

I have thankfully had few problems with Ulster fans or opposition fans in some 25 years of playing, coaching and latterly watching rugby. Sure you get one or two arseholes on occasion but it is almost always drink related and lets be honest few who imbibe regularly can claim to never have fallen foul of the divil drink once or twice and let themselves down a little.

Personally I won't be going on their forum to create friend or foe but will certainly enjoy a pint or ten come the first weekend in April when their fans arrive jn however many numbers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
jackthelad
Warrior Chief

Post by jackthelad »

Russ wrote:I like him too. Man has got hoots pa

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
He's got a Scottish dad?
Smear me in chocolate and throw me to the Lesbians.
Spiffsson
Warrior Chief

Post by Spiffsson »

Ericsarrie wrote:Mervyn, my man, Estate with a capital E means Hertforshire.

LK, know your place, the only trots you're going to come across are those eminating from my fundiment when Saracens s**t all over you.

Off to North York Moors tomorrow to walk around my northern estates and inbibe some local brew. Don't think the ruffians amongst you have deiven me off. I will return. Toodle pip.
Hello Eric, and welcome. Ulster has a great tradition of welcoming opposition supporters so you will be OK at Ravers and are sure to enjoy the atmosphere. You might not even have to buy yer own pint. There is just one small thing - you have used that term "fundiment" in at least two posts. If you are referring to the fundamental orifice, which terminates the distal segment of the gastrointestinal tract, and I believe that you are, then, of course, it should be "fundament". You would not want to appear an eejit here and give all the resident cyclopean Jaffas an opening to diss your contributions or to presume that you had attended a second rate school. I cannot, in all honesty, wish you luck in the match, since I hope that Ulster will resoundingly hump the Crozier aff Sarries. I do quite like Hodgeson, Burger and Brits, but definitely not Ashton.
Amiga500
Warrior Chief

Post by Amiga500 »

BaggyTrousers wrote:
Ericsarrie wrote:Don't go to the official club website forum, they generally talk guff there. Unofficial forum is the place for a few friendly verbal exchanges.

http://www.rugbynetwork.net/boards/list/s104.htm
Greetings SorryEric, welcome to our world.

Here are the rules for finding this site enjoyable:

1) Understand that despite believing ourselves to be correct, a leading misunderstanding by the denizens of NornIron, we often talk utter ballix. Understanding this is essential for a happy existence here.

2) Grow a thick skin. Now I understand that as a Sarries fan this is almost certainly a prerequisite as you are the most hated club in England & consequently the world, since most of us hate everyone from England, except those thoroughly nice people from Leicester, most of the Saints fans, The Bath fans, loads from Glous & in fact almost every Englishman & woman I have ever met. So if we hate you its for a very good reason:

a) 800 years of persecution
b) sending many of our relatives to Botany Bay for stealing Trevellian's corn
c) turning the few dozen stone of non-blighted potatos into chips sold with a fish as a "Starve the Micks Supper" in a Brighton chippie
d) various other heinous failings
f88k me man....

e) Austin Healey.

That cannot be left under "various other heinous failings."
rorybestsbigbaldnoggin
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by rorybestsbigbaldnoggin »

mikerob wrote:
Russ wrote:
Ericsarrie wrote:Both wrong. Saracens have been based in the Barnet area of North London for the last 80 years or so.
Which is not in the city of London. Barnet isnt even on a tube line

High Barnet is on the Northern line. Is High Barnet like Barnet on drugs? I've never been that far north on the Northern line to find out...

Saracens do play some games in the HAC grounds right in the City of London as they are trying to tap into city boys money. I went to see them play Connacht there in a pre-season game a couple of years ago.

By 'City of London' types, I more broadly meant the fact that Saracens is run (unlike Leicester, Bath, Gloucester, Northampton, and any number of organic English clubs) by a bunch of venture-capitalist, franchise-happy, "rugby-is-a-business" types that could be pulled right from any Allen & Overy boardroom.
It's the hope that kills you.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

rorybestsbigbaldnoggin wrote:
mikerob wrote:
Russ wrote:
Ericsarrie wrote:Both wrong. Saracens have been based in the Barnet area of North London for the last 80 years or so.

High Barnet is on the Northern line. Is High Barnet like Barnet on drugs? I've never been that far north on the Northern line to find out...

Saracens do play some games in the HAC grounds right in the City of London as they are trying to tap into city boys money. I went to see them play Connacht there in a pre-season game a couple of years ago.

By 'City of London' types, I more broadly meant the fact that Saracens is run (unlike Leicester, Bath, Gloucester, Northampton, and any number of organic English clubs) by a bunch of venture-capitalist, franchise-happy, "rugby-is-a-business" types that could be pulled right from any Allen & Overy boardroom.
I think that is being very very cruel to the city of london type

rorybestsbigbaldnoggin
Red Hand Ambassador

Russ wrote:
mikerob wrote:
Russ wrote:

I can't tell if you are being serious.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Russ wrote:
mikerob wrote:
Russ wrote: Which is not in the city of London. Barnet isnt even on a tube line

I can't tell if you are being serious.
Deadly serious

rorybestsbigbaldnoggin
Red Hand Ambassador

Well in that case - no-one having any desire to get into a debate about capitalism - we obviously disagree.
rocky
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by rocky »

rorybestsbigbaldnoggin wrote:Well in that case - no-one having any desire to get into a debate about capitalism - we obviously disagree.
Oh dear, Noggin, I do believe young Russ is jerking your chain very gently there. :roll:
Bo***cks to Brexit
Cornerfleg
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cornerfleg »

Gently .... he's swinging from it in a loin cloth making the Tarzan noise!!!!!!
Always ask yourself, "What would Big Rodney do"... And every time the answer is... "Eat It"
rorybestsbigbaldnoggin
Red Hand Ambassador

London bankers are a load of . . . well, bankers.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

rorybestsbigbaldnoggin wrote:London bankers are a load of . . . well, bankers.
More than bankers in the city

browner
Lord Chancellor
Location: Globe Vienna crashed and burned...Giant TCR SL2 rising from the ashes.

Post by browner »

interlooter wrote:18500 seats available we are told will be available?
Has the projected capacity increased?
Stand up for PICU R.V.H.