Stuff from around the world.

Moderator: Moderators

Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: IRELAND Extended 2014 RBS 6 Nations Championship Squad

Post by Russ »

big mervyn wrote:
ColinM wrote:
Russ wrote:BoD needs 5 caps for RADGEs record right? He has also never started on the bench.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
Thought he had maybe a one cap as a sub? Remarkable either way!
7th cap was as a sub v Romania. Jonny Bell started at 13. BOD scored a DG.
Bet he has never forgiven Dinger for it either

BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Russ wrote:
big mervyn wrote:
ColinM wrote:
Russ wrote:BoD needs 5 caps for RADGEs record right? He has also never started on the bench.

Thought he had maybe a one cap as a sub? Remarkable either way!
7th cap was as a sub v Romania. Jonny Bell started at 13. BOD scored a DG.
Bet he has never forgiven Dinger for it either
Dinger? He's never forgiven the whole of Ulster, the wee Gatland. >threaten >threaten >threaten
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Dublin4
Warrior Assassin

Post by Dublin4 »

Thought you'd love this from the RTE website:
[quoteJohnny Sexton has admitted he has felt like quitting Racing Metro and returning to Ireland since his summer move from Leinster.

The Ireland fly-half is confident he is settling into the French lifestyle though, and hopes Racing will ration his playing time more conservatively than in a hectic autumn.

Ireland open their RBS 6 Nations campaign by hosting Scotland in Dublin on Sunday, with Sexton expected to lead the backline.

Despite his big-money move to France last summer, Sexton hailed the IRFU for securing Jamie Heaslip and Sean O'Brien on new contracts.

"There have been some games where I thought, 'I'm walking in on Monday and telling them I'm going home'," he revealed in an interview with the BBC.

"Then there's other games where I've come off thinking 'right, this is the start of it, that's brilliant, and you could be here forever'.

"That's the same with everything, there's ups and downs along the way.

"Me and my wife probably struggled with it at the start.

"It's pretty easy to settle into the club because everyone's doing their best to make you feel at home.

"But the more simple things, like going round to the shop, you don't know where it is, going to get petrol - you don't where that is, things like that.

"Everything's just a stress, so it was tough going at the start."

Munster duo Paul O'Connell and Keith Earls and Ulster hooker Rory Best have signed new IRFU deals, to complement the decisions of Heaslip and O'Brien to spurn big money in France.

Sexton revealed his Ireland team-mates sought his advice about a move to France, but he admitted he was pleased to see the IRFU tie them down.

"I think it's great that they're staying, the IRFU, fair play to them, they've really stepped up to the plate," he said.

"I think it's important for Irish rugby that guys stay.

"I sound like a hypocrite, but that's the bottom line."
][/quote]
Ou est le magasin, s'il vous plait? :mexican:
LegsLikeSausages
Warrior Chief

Post by LegsLikeSausages »

Dublin4 wrote:Thought you'd love this from the RTE website:
[quoteJohnny Sexton has admitted he has felt like quitting Racing Metro and returning to Ireland since his summer move from Leinster.

The Ireland fly-half is confident he is settling into the French lifestyle though, and hopes Racing will ration his playing time more conservatively than in a hectic autumn.

Ireland open their RBS 6 Nations campaign by hosting Scotland in Dublin on Sunday, with Sexton expected to lead the backline.

Despite his big-money move to France last summer, Sexton hailed the IRFU for securing Jamie Heaslip and Sean O'Brien on new contracts.

"There have been some games where I thought, 'I'm walking in on Monday and telling them I'm going home'," he revealed in an interview with the BBC.

"Then there's other games where I've come off thinking 'right, this is the start of it, that's brilliant, and you could be here forever'.

"That's the same with everything, there's ups and downs along the way.

"Me and my wife probably struggled with it at the start.

"It's pretty easy to settle into the club because everyone's doing their best to make you feel at home.

"But the more simple things, like going round to the shop, you don't know where it is, going to get petrol - you don't where that is, things like that.

"Everything's just a stress, so it was tough going at the start."

Munster duo Paul O'Connell and Keith Earls and Ulster hooker Rory Best have signed new IRFU deals, to complement the decisions of Heaslip and O'Brien to spurn big money in France.

Sexton revealed his Ireland team-mates sought his advice about a move to France, but he admitted he was pleased to see the IRFU tie them down.

"I think it's great that they're staying, the IRFU, fair play to them, they've really stepped up to the plate," he said.

"I think it's important for Irish rugby that guys stay.

"I sound like a hypocrite, but that's the bottom line."
]
Ou est le magasin, s'il vous plait? :mexican:[/quote]

You thought wrong.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Actually D4 apart from the fact that he is setting himself up for life after rugby I feel sorry for JS. He has very clearly been indicating to fellow players that they are better off at home whilst acknowledging the apparent hypocrisy of his utterances.

My best guess us that he has been advising guys who ask him not to move.

Furthermore he has signed for a bloody awful club who will win nothing. As a wee bonus he has ROG there - take that bit any way you like.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Neil F
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neil F »

O'Driscoll is already equal with O'Gara on 128, if I recall correctly. Combined with his 8 Lions caps, he needs another 4 to overtake Gregan's record international cap haul, though.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Neil F wrote:

O'Driscoll is already equal with O'Gara on 128, if I recall correctly. Combined with his 8 Lions caps, he needs another 4 to overtake Gregan's record international cap haul, though.
That's the one. So we may see Cave or Henshaw against Scotland or Italy

BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Neil F wrote:

I expect Jo to aid and abet the legends quest for a personal milestone. Shameful collusion in blocking another players career by Jo, makes me wonder is he the right man for the job, All Blacks performance notwithstanding.

I suppose the old legend might even appear worth a place against mighty Scotland but he will then become this season's ROG, a man not worth the place his reputation earns him.

A major shame to feel this way about Ireland's second best evet player.
thecrouch
Chancellor to the King

Post by thecrouch »

Luke Fitzgerald is injured and will definitely miss the Scotland game and probably the Wales game too.

Looks like Trimble will be getting another cap.
NUCIFORA IS A BELLEND
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

thecrouch wrote:Luke Fitzgerald is injured and will definitely miss the Scotland game and probably the Wales game too.

Looks like Trimble will be getting another cap.
No! He will be passive when he returns

At least BOD now has a patsy

Eggs
Warrior Chief

Post by Eggs »

Dont stress, Im sure he will go with Mcfadden and the lesser Kearney
Ringer
Novice

Post by Ringer »

BaggyTrousers wrote:
Neil F wrote:

I expect Jo to aid and abet the legends quest for a personal milestone. Shameful collusion in blocking another players career by Jo, makes me wonder is he the right man for the job, All Blacks performance notwithstanding.

I suppose the old legend might even appear worth a place against mighty Scotland but he will then become this season's ROG, a man not worth the place his reputation earns him.

A major shame to feel this way about Ireland's second best evet player.
Given his recent injury record I would think 4 out of 5 games could be a stretch for BOD. Those scottish centres are pure muck and if he cant cut the mustard against them his place should come under genuine threat. He's earned the right to start the championship but the gospel of Joe says no man is undropable.

Word on the street is that Luke Marshall might get the nod at 12 with D'arcy in cotton wool for the Wales game. If thats the case then its clear Joe is genuine about developing a squad. Trimble might also sneak a start if Luke Fitz is injured and that would be reward for some strong performances in the last 6 weeks after an indifferent start to the season.
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

Does anyone know when the team is due to be announced?
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

Must be lunchtime the marrra. At least then we'll have an idea who's available for the Ospreys game and can start talking about that.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Setanta
Lord Chancellor

Post by Setanta »

+1 - something to discuss and leave the guff that's been posted in last days!
From the rolling glens of Antrim through the hills of Donegal we will stand and shout for Ulster as we win both scrum and maul from the lovely lakes of Fermanagh tae the shores of ould Lough Gall we will scream and shout for Ulster as we beat them one and all!