Spreading the Brand no 3

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Spreading the Brand no 3

Post by Russ »

Rumour has it our shirts do quite well in the Durban replica sales market
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Russ wrote:Rumour has it our shirts do quite well in the Durban replica sales market
I was tould that Keegan Daniel bought one, or maybe he was given it. :shock:
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
LegsLikeSausages
Warrior Chief

Post by LegsLikeSausages »

This thread seems a little confused.

Is it about:

1) spreading the brand (as the title suggests)
2) improving access for supporters outside Belfast (not the same thing)
or
3) widening the recruitment pool for IQ players

If 1), I can assure you as an Ulster ST holder who lives in England, Ulster's brand is definitely growing proportionally with our success on the pitch.

If 2) then as others have said moving games away from Belfast makes no sense. The stadium is necessarily where the largest demographic of Ulster supporters live, in the same way that all the big shops are where all the shoppers are and all the cattle are where the grass is.

If 3), aren't Humph and McGlock etc working on this in their different ways?

I guess the only thing I could suggest would be to perhaps play more Ravens games around the province?

Otherwise aren't all the bases covered?
ColinM
Lord Chancellor

Post by ColinM »

bootlaced wrote:
People I talk to around here save there money and chip in to get buses to go to the matches,do they get support or help from Ulster eh no.

Eh yes. UR do discount tickets for group bookings.
Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Jackie Brown »

fermain wrote:Travelling an hour to get to a game at Ravenhill is not bad going, and really shouldn't put that many people off, there are plenty who do already and as has been pointed out for other sports many travel further.
It takes me an hour to travel to my local prem division footie club, and I only live 12 miles from their ground! It's all relative.
Takes me an hour to get from Carrickfergus to Gilnahirk every morning.
Gonna Party Like It's 1999
Big Smoke Culchie
Squire

Post by Big Smoke Culchie »

Couldn't be arsed reading most of the previous 2 and a half pages. However, personally I would like to see the Ravens playing in Monaghan or Stroke city instead of Deremore. Always remember getting a great reception in Monaghan rugby club when we went down to play them every year.

Obviously it would be financial suicide to move the senior team games.
Joe Schmidt is a Leinster ballbag
Thelaw
Steward

Post by Thelaw »

Funny id love to see the Ravens play at Ravenhill for once!
Dura lex sed lex
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

Thelaw wrote:Funny id love to see the Ravens play at Ravenhill for once!
Were you there in October?
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

I consider that the half time games with kids from Donegal and Cavan is actually spreading the brand because I am sure the buses bring their parents as well

But there are few opportunities during the season for the players to get to the edges of the universe with training and travel etc they deserve some family time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

rumncoke wrote:I consider that the half time games with kids from Donegal and Cavan is actually spreading the brand because I am sure the buses bring their parents as well

But there are few opportunities during the season for the players to get to the edges of the universe with training and travel etc they deserve some family time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That's it. The long game is attracting youth.

I think UR have a decent strategy in place

sent from my crozier
bootlaced
Lord Chancellor

Post by bootlaced »

Cap'n Grumpy wrote:
mickey_soft_hands wrote:...............with D hump running around tackling like his life depended on it
Was with you up to this point - then you blew it! :lol:

Boot

You have stoopidly or deliberately missed every point made on this thread that doesn't suit your own agenda. You have complained, but not put forward a single idea to address the problem as you see it. You have dismissed comparisons with other sports and teams, then when you think ONE of those points suits your argument you use it, only to dismiss anyone else who uses similar as being irrelevant because "it's not rugby".

If you want to have a debate, have one, but quit the moaning and actually try to understand what others are saying ...... and contribute suggestions yourself instead of just expecting everyone to agree with you and come up with solutions to your (imagined) problems.

Still, I suppose it makes a change from your other bandwagon of health care provision, where you won't listen to any other opinions but your own either.

(Cue another thread or reopening of an old one on that in the back room)
Nope captain you are totally missing the point,you can not compare soccer with rugby unless you are a Wray or a supporter of the rugby owning club owners,why not go down the television money route and ignore the supporters,seems to me that all I am doing is trying to spread Ulster Rugby around the province nothing really wrong with that is there??

I am a rugby supporter and couldn't really give a feck about soccer across the shuck but I do care about Ulster missing a trick and getting out and about across the province,this word province seems if I take your approach to gall you somewhat,well that is your problem not mine.

Humbly I started this thread to see what input other people could have in spreading the brand as I do not have an ego and I am always willing to listen to other peoples ideas and suggestions. You it would appear have a contrary opinion in relation to this and it would seem that it is your good self who wants to dictate things and apparently is never wrong your opinion old chap is simply that where you want to dictate I only want to explore.

In relation to the NHS I am very passionate about the great institution,I do not believe in profit before the patient,of course you can call me old fashioned but hey that is just me. Put the money into the service and not the pockets of capitalists bankers and hedgefunds.Of course you could always post on those threads re the NHS but if not I can only suggest that you keep quiet and stop little petty digs in relation to healthcare.
"Never whistle while you're pi$$ing", Hagbard Celine
bootlaced
Lord Chancellor

Post by bootlaced »

Muddy Bless wrote:Feck, we should have built ravers on wheels.

Bootlaced if you want to support a team that plays all over to try and increase it's support base, go support Scaracens.... I'll try organise for them to play in Belfast soon.... If that is close enough for you?

where did I say that?
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

They do the summer camps for kids round the province and players turn up at those, players will also go to clubs, many attend matches in their home town clubs when they are off etc. What more do you suggest they do ?
They had a training session in Donegal last summer as well now I just remembered
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
bootlaced
Lord Chancellor

Post by bootlaced »

fermain wrote:Travelling an hour to get to a game at Ravenhill is not bad going, and really shouldn't put that many people off, there are plenty who do already and as has been pointed out for other sports many travel further.
It takes me an hour to travel to my local prem division footie club, and I only live 12 miles from their ground! It's all relative.

Sorry I seem to have missed the news that all Ulster fans are an hour from Ravenhill,Wendyball has no interest for me.More to be pitied than scorned imho.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

bootlaced wrote:

Sorry I seem to have missed the news that all Ulster fans are an hour from Ravenhill,Wendyball has no interest for me.More to be pitied than scorned imho.
Yes it is. But the point being made by many is that people are people and people travel to watch sport

sent from my crozier