Schools Cup 2014

ny and all to do with skules

Moderator: Moderators

BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Schools Cup 2014

Post by BR »

Snipe Watson wrote:
BR wrote:So the pitch IS buggered as we suspected. Someone should be telling us how the Feck they let that happen!
I suspect we will have a Desso GrassMaster pitch before long.
Yes, it would almost seem that is what they are aiming for.
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Well we have fantastic backs. A fake pitch would help us win more titles
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

I think it’s inconceivable that the quality of the playing surface wouldn’t have been considered in the planning for New Ravenhill. I don’t think I’d like to see a fully synthetic G pitch at Ravenhill though.
dublane
Novice

Post by dublane »

Yes looks like they may be at Queen's. The arena pitch will host the sigerson (gaa)final this weekend which attracts big numbers, and would comfortably accommodate 1000, with about 500 seated in the new stand.
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

Snipe Watson wrote:I think it’s inconceivable that the quality of the playing surface wouldn’t have been considered in the planning for New Ravenhill. I don’t think I’d like to see a fully synthetic G pitch at Ravenhill though.
Catchphrase said he expected to have an artificial pitch within 5 years (was it?). With that in mind, I wonder how much concern was taken over preserving the pitch quality?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

Snipe Watson wrote:I think it’s inconceivable that the quality of the playing surface wouldn’t have been considered in the planning for New Ravenhill. I don’t think I’d like to see a fully synthetic G pitch at Ravenhill though.
It has been considered and the most likely option (currently, but it could change) is to have a partial artificial.
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

BR wrote:Catchphrase said he expected to have an artificial pitch within 5 years (was it?).
I think you are right on the timescale - the only qualifier I would add (as above) is that he wasn't talking about replacing the whole pitch .... unless you've heard an update since I have.
I'm not arguing -
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

Cap'n Grumpy wrote:
BR wrote:Catchphrase said he expected to have an artificial pitch within 5 years (was it?).
I think you are right on the timescale - the only qualifier I would add (as above) is that he wasn't talking about replacing the whole pitch .... unless you've heard an update since I have.
My memory is that he expected plastic to be the norm within a particular timescale and that Ravenhill would have 'at least some' plastic within that period.
www.stoutboys.co.uk
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Cap'n Grumpy wrote:
It has been considered and the most likely option (currently, but it could change) is to have a partial artificial.
You mean like the Desso GrassMaster I mentioned about 10 posts ago?
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

A Desso Grassmaster is most probable, would the slope allow a full synthetic surface ? I have my doubts as there are pretty tight limits on gradients for a 3G
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Rooster wrote:A Desso Grassmaster is most probable, would the slope allow a full synthetic surface ? I have my doubts as there are pretty tight limits on gradients for a 3G
How much slope is there?
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Snipe Watson wrote:
Rooster wrote:A Desso Grassmaster is most probable, would the slope allow a full synthetic surface ? I have my doubts as there are pretty tight limits on gradients for a 3G
How much slope is there?
Don't know but I know the limits for full synthetic are 1:100
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

Snipe Watson wrote:
Cap'n Grumpy wrote:
You mean like the Desso GrassMaster I mentioned about 10 posts ago?
How should I know?

Should this not be in the Gardening thread?
I'm not arguing -
jamsodonnell
Novice

Post by jamsodonnell »

Whilst the pitch may obviously not be in great condition, the reason that the semi finals of School's Cup are being outsourced is that the builders need every living minute to get building completed for approval and for Quarter final against Sarries. Really, if 2 semis, the subsidiary final and the Medallion final were to be played at Ravenhill, then they would more or less lose 4 days work.
PS there were around 2600 at the first semi final last year.
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

jamsodonnell wrote:Whilst the pitch may obviously not be in great condition, the reason that the semi finals of School's Cup are being outsourced is that the builders need every living minute to get building completed for approval and for Quarter final against Sarries. Really, if 2 semis, the subsidiary final and the Medallion final were to be played at Ravenhill, then they would more or less lose 4 days work.
PS there were around 2600 at the first semi final last year.
Good thinking Jams :thumleft:
Rory Best