Full house ... Really?

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Bring Humph On!!
Squire

Full house ... Really?

Post by Bring Humph On!! »

If as was stated, last night was a full house, why were there so many empty seats and what appeared to be a fair bit of empty space on the terraces (the old prom now west terrace especially)?

Is the capacity being reduced due to ongoing work? Are Ulster telling porkies to get more season ticket sales for next season?

Interested to hear people's thoughts.
"But going forward, at Ulster Rugby, one thing will never change. As long as this great club exists, the person and the player, Nevin Spence, will never be forgotten."

IF!!! ..... I CAN DO NOTHING WITH IF!!
Amiga500
Warrior Chief

Re: Full house ... Really?

Post by Amiga500 »

Or simply ST holders are not turning up to all the games....
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

Prom isn't at full capacity yet. Aquinas end is always empty. Big spaces in the middle of the memorial stand seems to be the great & good from the committee box
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

A LOT of gaps in the Memorial and Family stands too.

Ulster had reviously announced that there was less capacity on the prom due to access points not being accessible due to the state of the building work, so that is understandable. I suspect sickness and other issues may have a role in some absenteism - I know several ST holders who were absent last night (mostly through sickness) and I am uncertain if any were able to offload their ticket.
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

Mea culpa I wasn't there had a prior commitment unfortunately but Ulster got their money being a ST
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

It's nice to have a bit of elbow room on the terrace but you prawn sandwich boys should make more of an effort - those empy sates are bad lukin!
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

big mervyn wrote:It's nice to have a bit of elbow room on the terrace but you prawn sandwich boys should make more of an effort - those empy sates are bad lukin!
Aye - how much did that new stand cost? And there was hardly a sinner in it!

I know of a lot of folk who couldn't go last night and not a decent excuse amongst them! Yet they'll be there for the Sarries game, taking good folks' chances of tickets!
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

a few corporates that get tickets for around the ground use them and you find some are only interested turning up for the bigger games..
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
Thelaw
Steward

Post by Thelaw »

I have said it before and will say it again... yes there appears to be empty space at the edge of the prom. However between the 22's it is more packed than it ever was before. I think it is the case that you can't see the screens from the end, especially the family end. So people are more packed into the sweet spot between the 22's, more than it ever was before on the Old Prom (sorry not going with West Terrace) , with Event Sec >crazy1 actually stuffing them in at a couple of matches much to the annoyance of those that actually bothered to show up more than 5 minutes before kickoff. :banghead:

I did notice the gaps in the two ends - was it a case of group bookings like BB no showing because they thought it was going to rain again.
Dura lex sed lex
troupe86
Novice

Post by troupe86 »

I actually got a few season tickets from people who didn't want to go to the game... :roll:

I normally purchase my tickets for the Terrace, given the atmosphere and decent view, but I was in the Memorial Stand last night. It was an utter farce in terms of atmosphere. There were simply too many 'fair-weather supporters' around me who had no idea who the players were, and the atmosphere was completely lacking! I mean, don't get me wrong: I welcome newcomers to Ravenhill, but it's bad whenever the normal prawn sandwich brigade and the 'gin soaked blazers' all sod off to the bar to no doubt meet up with Alec and Audrey Adoo. The stand is incredible for the view but it's ruined by the old 'C Blockers'.

At one point, whenever Ulster scored, I leapt up and cheered only for an oul' fuddy b1tch in front of me to tut and complain about the noise. Ugh!

Back to the Terrace I go! :bounce:
Wee Woman
Lord Chancellor

Post by Wee Woman »

I couldn't get over how much the place emptied from the 70 min mark onwards, I know the result was never in doubt but what's the point in paying your money and not staying to the end of the game?

A few years back if you left at that time, you missed all the action!
scrum5
Lord Chancellor

Post by scrum5 »

Or maybe it was sold out to it's present H&S capacity.....
In memory of Nevin Spence 1990- 15th Sept. 2012
Axel..... 30 October 1973 - 16 October 2016
Pedrie Wannenburg. 2 January 1981 - 22 April 2022.
thecrouch
Chancellor to the King

Post by thecrouch »

I was in the west terrace for the Munster game and I was actually surprised that the terrace was allowed to be as packed as it was in these days of very strict H+S.
NUCIFORA IS A BELLEND
Cornerfleg
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cornerfleg »

Clive says that on TV it looked half full.
Always ask yourself, "What would Big Rodney do"... And every time the answer is... "Eat It"
Wee Woman
Lord Chancellor

Post by Wee Woman »

Cornerfleg wrote:Clive says that on TV it looked half full.
He's probably right, the Memorial Stand was half empty at the final whistle too!