Ospreys game on Freeview Interactive?????

Get together, pool resources, share information on everything from trips to meeting places and social arrangements.

Moderator: Moderators

cables
Lord Chancellor

Ospreys game on Freeview Interactive?????

Post by cables »

Found this within an UR article re watching the game tomorrow evening.
Also, it has been brought to our attention that those with Freeview should be aware that the game will be broadcast live either via red button from the BBC1/2 menu or directly on Channel No. 301. This is part of the BBC's interactive service. Many people with freeview are unaware of this at present.
If it is I will be chuffed to say the least as I have made a number of suggestions to BBC to do this.

Somehow however and for various reasons I have doubts.

I don't feel like staying at home just to test it out! If anyone else is at home and could check it out then I am sure many would be interested for the future and may even congratulate BBC.

Alternatively, does anyone know if interactive content can be set up in advance for the purpose of recording?
pete2604
Initiate

Post by pete2604 »

That would be very good if the BBC did this. Would be good to know for future games.
cables
Lord Chancellor

Post by cables »

Found a bit more on:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/tv_and_ ... 341486.stm

It does not look promising!

Rugby Union, Celtic League

BBC Sport website
Neath-Swansea Ospreys v Ulster
1910 BST, commentary from BBC Radio Ulster.

Looks to me like it is at most an Audio feed for 1341MW.

Blast UR they have wasted my time.

Glad I was cautious in my post!!!!
pete2604
Initiate

Post by pete2604 »

its a pity. i dont see why the BBC cannot do this as there are many ulster fans who will not get a chance to see the game. They put the motogp on that interactive thing yet they cannot manage to put the biggest celtic league game of the season on it.
Red Hand Supporter
Warrior Assassin

Post by Red Hand Supporter »

Should get their fingers out over the away matches for sure. They show some rubbish at weekends, and I no i'd far rather be watching the men in white than whatever else they come up with
cables
Lord Chancellor

Post by cables »

Yes the technology is there. A problem is possibly TV rights which is part of the reason I was initially sceptical.
jamesie
Lord Chancellor

Post by jamesie »

go to the liberty... that's as interactive as it gets :shock:
pete2604
Initiate

Post by pete2604 »

but for those of us who cannot make it to many away matches due to exams at this time of year it is the next best thing! I was planning to go to this game but i have 3 exams next week so couldnt go. But i will be watching at home or in belfast somewhere.
jamesie
Lord Chancellor

Post by jamesie »

so are you saying you career and future is more important than ulster pedro?! :shock:
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Seems like the BBC only has rights to show the matches in Wales, only they don't block them on Sky for NI, but I don't think they are available through Sky in ROI.
Interestingly, last weeks match was on both Setanta and BBCWales as is this weeks game with our game on Setanta Ireland and the Ladyboys game on Setanta 1
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
aarons
Lord Chancellor

Re: Ospreys game on Freeview Interactive?????

Post by aarons »

cables wrote:Found this within an UR article re watching the game tomorrow evening.
Also, it has been brought to our attention that those with Freeview should be aware that the game will be broadcast live either via red button from the BBC1/2 menu or directly on Channel No. 301. This is part of the BBC's interactive service. Many people with freeview are unaware of this at present.
If it is I will be chuffed to say the least as I have made a number of suggestions to BBC to do this.
this has actually happened on previous occasions this year. there is no capacity to broadcast interactive content regionally, and the welshies have interactive languages options. if they're on freeview in wales, they're on freeview everywhere.
Sea_point
Novice

Re: Ospreys game on Freeview Interactive?????

Post by Sea_point »

If you're watching on SKY network (or you have access to BBC2 Wales on Freeview), you can get the interactive service through BBC Wales, the match is being shown on BBC2 Wales on Sky Ch991 (It may be different in NI region)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/wales/scrumv/onthe ... ndex.shtml

It's called Fan Scene, and a supporter from each side and a host have a bit a craic and banter discussing the game as it progresses and gernerally taking the pi$h. I watched the Llanelli match last week listening to the Fan Scene commentary and usually it's a lot more entertaining than the sterile match commentary.

In fact I did two of the Connacht games myself this season for the Beeb Wales (Swansea - when we were robbed in the last minute by the ref and Newport) and it's a good laugh.

cables wrote:Found this within an UR article re watching the game tomorrow evening.

Somehow however and for various reasons I have doubts.

I don't feel like staying at home just to test it out! If anyone else is at home and could check it out then I am sure many would be interested for the future and may even congratulate BBC.

Alternatively, does anyone know if interactive content can be set up in advance for the purpose of recording?
"But, hark! a voice like thunder spake,
The West's awake! the West's awake!"

The one true faith....