TRANSFER RUMOURS!!

What do you know?? Talk to us here!

Moderator: Moderators

ruckover
Lord Chancellor

Re: TRANSFER RUMOURS!!

Post by ruckover »

breakdown wrote:Apparently Quinn Roux is going to Connacht, not looking good for Clarke if true

Someone from Daily Mail tweeted they are bringing a saffer 9, Hougaard supposedly. Scarily good signings for them
For Leinster or Connacht? I can't imagine the IRFU signing off on a foreign 9 that would start ahead of either Reddan or Marmion, two players heavily involved (or will be in Marmion's case) in the Ireland set-up.
You haven't seen me at my best yet. Let's be honest, you probably never will.
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

ruckover wrote:
breakdown wrote:Apparently Quinn Roux is going to Connacht, not looking good for Clarke if true

Someone from Daily Mail tweeted they are bringing a saffer 9, Hougaard supposedly. Scarily good signings for them
For Leinster or Connacht? I can't imagine the IRFU signing off on a foreign 9 that would start ahead of either Reddan or Marmion, two players heavily involved (or will be in Marmion's case) in the Ireland set-up.
Marmion may move. Connacht play by different rules to the rest of us.
HoneyBadger
Novice

Post by HoneyBadger »

scrum5 wrote:Probably going to get roasted for this but so what, don't rate Hougaard at all, reminds me of Paul Marshall on steroids.....and yes I have watched him play for the Blue Bulls lots of times.
Agree one of those players that can play wing and 9 but hasn't mastered either trade, his passing isn't off a high enough standard.
Using Tapatalk
breakdown
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by breakdown »

Leinster announced 21 contract renewals along with a new signing
http://www.leinsterrugby.ie/news/11911.php#.U2juzfldU9l

Leinster Rugby are delighted to confirm that 21 players have signed new IRFU contracts to continue playing with the Province for the 2014/2015 season and beyond and that an additional player has been added to the roster.

Coach Matt O'Connor made the announcement this morning ahead of training as Season Ticket number sales have also now passed the 10,000 mark for next season. Three of those players signed up for next year - Sean O'Brien, Dave Kearney and Jack McGrath - were on hand to celebrate that fact and to remind supporters that Leinster Rugby season tickets are still on sale at leinsterrugby.ie/seasontickets.

Commenting on the renewals O'Connor said, "We are delighted to be able to announce these contracts in preparation for the season ahead. It's important for us as we continue to build that we have a group of players that are committed to the club and that share our vision for the future. While getting 22 contracts over the line is a huge undertaking the enthusiasm of the players was evident and we are very happy with where we are with our retention and recruitment drive.

"Sean McCarthy is a player that we have been keeping an eye on for a while now. He is a young and dynamic prop and we need to have quality players in this highly attritional position. Sean has been capped at underage level for Ireland and has performed well for Jersey RFC in the RFU Championship and B&I Cup and we look forward to welcoming him to Leinster in the Summer.

"We are also delighted that a number of our Academy players have stepped up and have been rewarded with either full or development contracts. We have seen over the last number of years that the Leinster Academy is developing top class players and men and once again a number of them played significant roles when called upon in the PRO12 this season.

"There are one or two other players that we have identified as recruitment targets and we hope to announce them in due course but we have a big game this weekend against Edinburgh and the small matter of a PRO12 semi-final thereafter so all our focus will be on those two games."

Renewals
Michael Bent
Isaac Boss
Sam Coghlan-Murray
Jack Conan
Gordon D'Arcy
Tom Denton
Aaron Dundon
Darragh Fanning
Tadhg Furlong
Jamie Heaslip
Shane Jennings
Dave Kearney
Jack McGrath
Luke McGrath
Martin Moore
Sean O'Brien
Colm O'Shea
Eoin Reddan
Noel Reid
Rhys Ruddock
James Tracy

New Signing
Sean McCarthy (from Jersey RFC)
Sincerely hope we hear something soon
Chris Henry is superhuman... I think he's half cyborg
damianmcr
Lord Chancellor

Post by damianmcr »

Pip says a new signing tomorrow or Thursday.
Bring Humph On!!
Squire

Post by Bring Humph On!! »

So it's confirmed we're not signing Jack McGrath then!! :lol:
"But going forward, at Ulster Rugby, one thing will never change. As long as this great club exists, the person and the player, Nevin Spence, will never be forgotten."

IF!!! ..... I CAN DO NOTHING WITH IF!!
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

damianmcr wrote:Pip says a new signing tomorrow or Thursday.
ihumph.
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
damianmcr
Lord Chancellor

Post by damianmcr »

:thumleft:
thecrouch
Chancellor to the King

Post by thecrouch »

I am hearing that some of our signings are not going to plan and are still up in the air a bit?

Though I am in no way an "in the know".
NUCIFORA IS A BELLEND
scrum5
Lord Chancellor

Post by scrum5 »

Wonder how our legendary strength in depth will fare next season....
In memory of Nevin Spence 1990- 15th Sept. 2012
Axel..... 30 October 1973 - 16 October 2016
Pedrie Wannenburg. 2 January 1981 - 22 April 2022.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

scrum5 wrote:Wonder how our legendary strength in depth will fare next season....
At a guess?

No fecking idea.................. we appear to be losing many more than we are bringing in...............

Perhaps McGlock or Clarkie could comment, anybody got them on speed-dial?
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
kingofthehill
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by kingofthehill »

Any news yet?
The King is dead. Long live the King.
pip14
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by pip14 »

Return of the Ihumph
You've got to get your first tackle in early, even if it's late.
Starsky
Initiate

Post by Starsky »

Humphreys confirmed then
One does not simply walk into Ulster
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

pip14 wrote:Return of the Ihumph
I said that yesterday :roll: he is back for 2 years unless he decides to go again !
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best