Leinster Vs Ulster Pro12 Semi

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Scranner
Warrior

Re: Leinster Vs Ulster Pro12 Semi

Post by Scranner »

againstthehead wrote: Sorry folks, but I don't think Doyle .... up to this level of a game.
Think you're wrong. Vastly improved player. Will do the business if picked - and that's a strong possibility.
STATE PRO VIRIS ULTONIAE
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Scranner wrote:
againstthehead wrote: Sorry folks, but I don't think Doyle .... up to this level of a game.
Think you're wrong. Vastly improved player. Will do the business if picked - and that's a strong possibility.
This

Sent from my Brennan
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

againstthehead wrote:
LeinsterLad wrote:If Glasgow and Ulster meet in the final, it'll be played at Ravenhill...

http://www.irishtimes.com/sport/rugby/p ... -1.1793582

(article title is misleading - "final will be at Ravenhill if Ulster make it" is not accurate if Munster beat Glasgow obviously.)
Bonkers. Surely there must be a ground in Scotland somewhere they could use? Why restrict to Glasgee. Albeit, gate receipts could tumble outside glasgow I asume.
Agen, I suspect the problem for Weegies is that they don't have sufficient fans to justify renting a stadium big enough in the hope they might attract a big enough crowd to defray the costs involved. I suspect they have taken a balanced view that financially they are better off conceding home advantage.

It would be interesting to know if they actually nominated a stadium.

What a supreme twist of irony should the cards fall into place.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Setanta
Lord Chancellor

Post by Setanta »

Pinching this thread to say how much the wife and I enjoyed the visit to Ravenhill on the 2nd May; loved the new stadium and the chat with the young Ladies behind me. http://www.irishtimes.com/sport/rugby/p ... -1.1793582 - this would also be good news and is a distinct possibility; might make up ever so slightly for missing the ERC final. We must be getting used to playing with only fourteen men, imagine what we'll do with fifteen. :roll:
From the rolling glens of Antrim through the hills of Donegal we will stand and shout for Ulster as we win both scrum and maul from the lovely lakes of Fermanagh tae the shores of ould Lough Gall we will scream and shout for Ulster as we beat them one and all!
rorybestsbigbaldnoggin
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by rorybestsbigbaldnoggin »

The prospect of a return home for the final should provide an extra little bit of motivation . . .
It's the hope that kills you.
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

It makes sense in many ways if the Final was Ravenhill it would be a full house and a day out for the weegies and I expect the money would mean more to them than home advantage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
Cornerfleg
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cornerfleg »

This is epic ... I've a good mate in Glasgow who is going purple over this ... the craic might be outstanding if they played the final here ...
Always ask yourself, "What would Big Rodney do"... And every time the answer is... "Eat It"
ladyboy696969
Novice

Post by ladyboy696969 »

Pity for Glasgow if this were to pass. Having to play the final in your opponents ground instead of your own, when you've earned the right to to a home final. I wouldn't wish it on a Saracen.
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Cornerfleg wrote:This is epic ... I've a good mate in Glasgow who is going purple over this ... the craic might be outstanding if they played the final here ...
Hope you explained to him that we understand his pain, but tighten up syrup is available.....
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

ladyboy696969 wrote:Pity for Glasgow if this were to pass. Having to play the final in your opponents ground instead of your own, when you've earned the right to to a home final. I wouldn't wish it on a Saracen.
:roll: Saracens? I would.... :thumleft:
Scranner
Warrior

Post by Scranner »

Russ wrote:
Scranner wrote:
This

Sent from my Crozier
What?
STATE PRO VIRIS ULTONIAE
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Scranner wrote:
Russ wrote:
Scranner wrote:
This

Sent from my Crozier
What?
Wen sum1 n da internetz says "this" it means dat dey believ dat dis is da truf

Sent from my Brennan
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

ladyboy696969 wrote:Pity for Glasgow if this were to pass. Having to play the final in your opponents ground instead of your own, when you've earned the right to to a home final. I wouldn't wish it on a Saracen.
We had to go to the RDS last year so it would be poetic justice.
As for Saracens they could just go and play with themselves in some nice place like Somalia or the Pakistan/Afghan border and I would be quite happy for them.
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
mcnabb14
Novice

Post by mcnabb14 »

Murphy not included in 23 and mccarthy and cullen both look to be out. word is its not the greatest leinster team
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Scranner wrote:
Strong possibility he will be picked for bench but not a starter as Chad will be playing 7 :red:
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best