ulster -v- sale???

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

jamesie
Lord Chancellor

ulster -v- sale???

Post by jamesie »

unless i'm mistaken, wasn't there a game arranged between the CL winners and the GP winners... i certainly remember wasps playing the turks when they pipped us to the title the other year??? :roll:

is this still a goer? would love to see chabal, hodgson and co. take a hoofing from our boys :twisted:
cjp
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by cjp »

They also played the O's last year so I presume it is a go'er but it may mean a trip to Manchester.
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Do they not come to us as has been in the past :?
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
cjp
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by cjp »

Unsure thought it would alternate but coming to ravers would be even better 8)
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

someone else said elsewhere was that not to do with the O's new stadium being opened.
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
Ardglass

Post by Ardglass »

I think it is just the O's stadium opening as the fixture took place the year before.I think

Sale already have there fixtures up and they have 2 friendlies for the first 2 weekends in August and then a three week gap to the first Premership match.

I can't see them having such a big gap between friendlies and their first competitve game so I reckon they have something in mind. Basically keep the last two weekends in August free guys.
cjp
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by cjp »

London Wasps have beaten the Ospreys by 18 points to 10 in front of a record 18,412 crowd at the Regional Rugby Stadium, Morfa, to claim their first trophy of the season, the WRU 125 Challenge Trophy.

So don't think the Sale game is a go'er unfortunately, it would though have been a super pre season game to have, certainly better than Rotherham.
Wee Bunz
Novice

Post by Wee Bunz »

Nearly sure this fixture is on. Rem Llanelli playing Wasps season before and the O's playing them last August.
horslips
Initiate

Post by horslips »

What about a treble. Ulster v Munster at Landsdowne
pwrmoore
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by pwrmoore »

horslips wrote:What about a treble. Ulster v Munster at Landsdowne
Nah, Munster would be too scared to play us - imagine the mass-depression in Cork and Limerick if they lost to us AGAIN :D
Paul.

C'mon Ulsterrrrrrrrr! :red:
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Did a bit of digging around and found this,
25 August 2004, 11:36 am
Over 7,000 fans turned out to Watch the inaugural Anglo-Celtic Challenge, but the visiting Wasps supporters would have left Stradey Park wearing the biggest smiles as their side beat the Scarlets 20-17.

The English and European champions were confident winners in a match they controlled from the start to lay down a marker for the coming campaign. After going in to the break leading 15-3, Wasps took their foot off the gas to give the end result a flattering appearance for the Celtic champions.

The Challenge is scheduled to become a regular pre-season fixture, alternating between England and the home of the Celtic champions.
Now last year it was played at Ospreys ground for opening of new stadium, but it should actually been The Pests home game, so will it come to Ravenhill this year :? could this be advance thinking by UR in not booking a second friendly and counting chickens etc. :?
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best