AIL FIXTURES

Join in the craic, and support yer team here!

Moderator: Moderators

dublane
Novice

Re: AIL FIXTURES

Post by dublane »

RuPi wrote:Dungannon may not lose them as Ballymena got a year's grace with their Ulster contracted players, Interesting coaching duo for them, I wonder will both still play a bit.

Anymore word on the Queens coaching position?
Heard a lot of chat that McCloskey is going to Ballymena, Neil Faloon back to Armagh.

QUB Position to have been shortlisted today with interviews over next few weeks.
TheWonDon
Initiate

Post by TheWonDon »

Having watched Dungannon a few times this season, it's obvious they have a fair bit of rebuilding to do, especially if they lose their Ulster contingent.

The final league game against quins finished 47-19 but quins pretty much stopped playing after 50 minutes. Dungannon allowed Neil McComb to break from a maul, sprint away and sidestep a few players before he dropped the ball over the line, that's the sort of porous defence they displayed.

McCloskey has been the only consistent positive. Lineout has been poor, and the plan for go forward ball has been to give it to the big 8, Smith I think, who quite frankly was nowhere near fit enough for that standard of rugby.

I see the new coaching set up has been announced, interesting that Paddy Johns stays and Nigel Brady is the new forwards coach. Good to see him back at the club. No word yet on backs coach, maybe it is Paddy Wallace indeed.
Dungannon Rugby Club is pleased to announce the appointment of a new coaching team for the 2014/15 season. Paddy Johns stays in the mix with former Dungannon player Nigel Brady returning as forwards coach. Nigel, a former Ulster and Ireland ‘A’ hooker currently in France with Aurillac, has recently been forced to retire from playing through injury. Nigel was a prominent school boy rugby player at Royal School Dungannon having been capped a number of times for Ulster and Ireland Schools. He then graduated to the senior squad at Dungannon FC in 1998 and was a member of the All Ireland League winning side of 2001. Nigel will be assisted by former Ulster schools colleague David Irwin who is joining from Lisburn RFC as assistant forwards and development coach. Mark Henderson is also remaining from the existing coaching team and he assumes the role of coaching co-ordinator responsible for assisting with the coaches and other coaching duties along with the recruitment and development of young players. Mark has been involved with coaching and managing a number of sides at Stevenson Park and also led 7s squads to success at the Carrick Sevens on a number of occasions including at this year’s tournament.
Outgoing President Paul Magee is excited by the new appointments, “I have played with both Nigel and David and know their rugby abilities. Nigel is no stranger to Dungannon and whilst we are all disappointed he has had to finish his playing career early, we are excited he has chosen his home club as the place to begin his coaching career. We have targeted our men and believe they will do a good job at Dungannon, developing players and returning the 1st XV to the premier Division of the Ulster Bank AIL. Dungannon has always been a development ground for young ambitious players and with these additions to our current coaching team we shall be well placed to continue that tradition and bring all levels of Dungannon rugby back to the standards we set for ourselves. Over this season we have used many players new to the AIL and along with potential new recruits, they will benefit greatly from the quality coaching and high level experience available to us next season.”
Paddy Johns enthused, “Nigel will be an enthusiastic young coach who will bring fresh ideas and a new momentum to the Club. He continues the long tradition of former Dungannon players, who like me, have proudly taken on the role of coach of their home club. He and David Irwin will have plenty of support from Mark and entire Club. I believe coaching like playing is now a team effort where we depend on each other for support and ideas. We should be open to constructive criticism as well. It is better to get it wrong on the training ground than on the pitch on a Saturday.”
We are continuing to seek the appointment of a backs coach to complete the coaching team however with this announcement the Club can begin the important steps of building for next season. The Club would also like to take this opportunity to thank Paddy Johns for his continued support and his commitment to Dungannon FC. As we expected Paddy Johns has been a great servant to Dungannon FC for the last two years.
http://www.dungannonrugby.com/News/Anno ... 77063.html
It is hard enough to remember my opinions, without also remembering my reasons for them
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

Kofi Annan wrote:
dublane wrote:Congratulations to hinch. Let the recruitment for next season begin
Looks like recruitment has started in earnest , Dungannon throwing some serious Cash about
I didn't think you could pay players in AIL anymore Kofi? Maybe I'm wrong.
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18
dublane
Novice

Post by dublane »

:duh:
dublane
Novice

Post by dublane »

>gimmefive armagh must have plenty of money to throw around offering cars to boys to play there next season...
RuPi
Initiate

Post by RuPi »

Faloon and Colvin will make a difference there next season, they must be targeting promotion after a few years of being top 6 or so.

Any word on the queens appointment yet?

With the deadline for AIL transfers tomorrow we may start to get some official confirmation on player transfers next week.

I did hear Peter Nelson has been moved to Malone, if true it is interesting that Dungannon didn't get to keep their Ulster players for a year but Ballymena did. I really fear Gannon will continue to struggle next season, massive rebuilding project for Brady.
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

dublane wrote:>gimmefive armagh must have plenty of money to throw around offering cars to boys to play there next season...
Nah it's just Raymond Donnelly of Donnelly motors is president next year, Falloon was on his way back anyway
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
dublane
Novice

Post by dublane »

Not faloon I was thinking of but he is a great signing. Colvin only there till Christmas also a great signing.
Kofi Annan
Lord Chancellor

Post by Kofi Annan »

Any word on queens coach, McCloskey to hinch !
“For the liespotter who knows how to listen well, the random words, sounds, and phrases in a person's speech are never as random as they seem. They offer a clear sightline into the liar's psyche.”
dublane
Novice

Post by dublane »

Interviews next week
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

Have Malone been caught booking holidays for players and are under subsequent investigation by IRFU?
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18
rocky
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by rocky »

UlsterNo9 wrote:Have Malone been caught booking holidays for players and are under subsequent investigation by IRFU?
Que?
Bo***cks to Brexit
Kofi Annan
Lord Chancellor

Post by Kofi Annan »

rocky wrote:
UlsterNo9 wrote:Have Malone been caught booking holidays for players and are under subsequent investigation by IRFU?
Que?
Et Que
“For the liespotter who knows how to listen well, the random words, sounds, and phrases in a person's speech are never as random as they seem. They offer a clear sightline into the liar's psyche.”
Doink the Clown
Novice

Post by Doink the Clown »

McCloskey has went to hinch not ballymena from gannon & it looks more or less done and dusted that nelson is away to Malone. Really cant see Gannon getting back up this year without the likes of those players
Don't Stop Believin'
RuPi
Initiate

Post by RuPi »

Richie McMaster to Ballymena is a big signing for them.