Sky Invasion - Good, Bad or Indifferent?

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Sky Invasion - Good, Bad or Indifferent?

Post by Russ »

Gael wrote:
Russ wrote:
Gael wrote:Wish it was custom that the clubs played on different days. Never even thought about my own matches clashing with Ulster games.
For American football, all high school games are on Friday nights, college football games are on Saturdays and top level NFL games are on Sundays to ensure everyone can be involved if they choose.
Then move the club games to a Sunday!

Anscombe Out
:stir:
It's what happened to football in England

Anscombe Out
BuckRogers
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by BuckRogers »

Russ wrote:
Gael wrote:
Russ wrote:
Gael wrote:Wish it was custom that the clubs played on different days. Never even thought about my own matches clashing with Ulster games.
For American football, all high school games are on Friday nights, college football games are on Saturdays and top level NFL games are on Sundays to ensure everyone can be involved if they choose.
Then move the club games to a Sunday!

Anscombe Out
:stir:
It's what happened to football in England

Anscombe Out
Would mean not being able to go out on the batter on a Saturday night though, would take the enjoyment clean out if it for a lot of players.

Don't think it will impact the club game that badly. I imagine Ulster will have 4, potentially 5 home games shown on Sky-Leinster&Munster derbies and perhaps Glasgow and AN Other.

3pm probably suits people better than 7.05 on a Friday to be fair as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Rocket
Novice

Post by Rocket »

I would love to see more Saturday games and even some Sunday games at Ravenhill. I think it could boost ticket sales as well.
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

Sunday games at Kingspan Ravenhill would be few and far between with two

Churches so close to the gates one of which is a sort of Mission hall type who would use their church or what ever about every 2 hours on Sunday

It's bad enough that some come out of Ravenhill and P-ss in people's gardens on a Friday night

Must say I prefer to keep the locals sweet than slap them in the face by giving offence live and let live

Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

rumncoke wrote:Sunday games at Kingspan Ravenhill would be few and far between with two

Churches so close to the gates one of which is a sort of Mission hall type who would use their church or what ever about every 2 hours on Sunday

It's bad enough that some come out of Ravenhill and P-ss in people's gardens on a Friday night

Must say I prefer to keep the locals sweet than slap them in the face by giving offence live and let live

Spot on Rummy
fuzzylogic
Lord Chancellor

Post by fuzzylogic »

Rocket » Fri Jun 06, 2014 5:24 pm

I would love to see more Saturday games and even some Sunday games at Ravenhill. I think it could boost ticket sales as well.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Yes, thats exactly what we need. I mean.... all those sell outs last season were just NOT good enough.
Mary had a little lamb . . .
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

fuzzylogic wrote:

Yes, thats exactly what we need. I mean.... all those sell outs last season were just NOT good enough.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
damianmcr
Lord Chancellor

Post by damianmcr »

Sky didn't do a bad job of the hurling today.

Sent from my GT-I8160 using Tapatalk
Rocket
Novice

Post by Rocket »

Snipe Watson wrote:
fuzzylogic wrote:

Bigger stadium this year though
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Rocket wrote:
Snipe Watson wrote:
fuzzylogic wrote:

Bigger stadium this year though
I hope you're wrong Rocket
Aird
Squire

Post by Aird »

BBC Ni may not have all the bells and whistle of Sky but they are giving us100% coverage of all Ulster's televised league games.
I know that some games in Italy have been on the Red Button but they are there.
I wud like to see some sort of Scrum V or Rugby Club type programme covering the league which our current providers haven't come up with yet.
Not totally convinced that Sky will give any more extensive coverage and certainly I wouldn't welcome Saturday afternoon matches.
Friday night at the Hill has become a local Institution and I am not convinced we would get any benefit from the change to Saturday.
Aird
Squire

Post by Aird »

Friday night with no other major sport competitors also allows Ulster to maximise the publicity for our sponsors
Gael
Steward

Post by Gael »

Aird wrote: Friday night at the Hill has become a local Institution and I am not convinced we would get any benefit from the change to Saturday.
But I would be there!
There was never a guard nor a customs man, got his nose inside that transit van.
Aird
Squire

Post by Aird »

Gael you maybe there but I think a quite a few regulars may not. Certainly a 3:30 kick off would clash with other sporting events, and a Sunday match would cause more hassle than it would be worth.
My vote still goes to Friday night, although a move to a 7:30 k.o. Would be a popular move in many quarters.
MattMo
Initiate

Post by MattMo »

Rocket wrote:I would love to see more Saturday games and even some Sunday games at Ravenhill. I think it could boost ticket sales as well.
That's not something Ulster have struggled with in a long time, don't change what is working, especially when the premiership struggles so badly with ticket sales to the point they only show 3 matches a weekend to force people to go!

Friday night works because people know when to keep free for their season ticket, easy!

Anyway, hate this sky thing, we're going to end up with 4 English pundits telling us how much worse our teams are than the premiership were when they broadcast that. Sky coverage is always so England oreintated and biased, horrible broadcasters!

MattMo
Payne to play 13 for Leinster or 15 for Ulster