Kingspan Stadium

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Kingspan Stadium

Post by BaggyTrousers »

big mervyn wrote:
Rooster wrote:Once the 10 years is up it will revert to Ravenhill or else Kingspan or someone else wil come up with the cash to continue/rename, same as will happen at Aviva/Lansdowne road
The Euromillions jackpot currently stands at £95 million. If I win, I may consider renaming it the BM Stadium in 2024.
I'll see your renaming plans Merv and raise you buying Glaws, lock stock and barrel and closing the ballix down, bulldozing the shed and sacking Doc Dave and sending Afoa on loan to Auckland whilst maintaining his contract. Cheap at the price to have Mrs Hooks close to the bosom of her family. :lol:
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

BaggyTrousers wrote:
big mervyn wrote:
Rooster wrote:Once the 10 years is up it will revert to Ravenhill or else Kingspan or someone else wil come up with the cash to continue/rename, same as will happen at Aviva/Lansdowne road
The Euromillions jackpot currently stands at £95 million. If I win, I may consider renaming it the BM Stadium in 2024.
I'll see your renaming plans Merv and raise you buying Glaws, lock stock and barrel and closing the ballix down, bulldozing the shed and sacking Doc Dave and sending Afoa on loan to Auckland whilst maintaining his contract. Cheap at the price to have Mrs Hooks close to the bosom of her family. :lol:
What would you do with the other £94.9 million?
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

big mervyn wrote:
BaggyTrousers wrote:
big mervyn wrote:
Remain the same auld grumpy bar steward no doubt... >EW albeit a richer one
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Windeos wrote:
People still use bakebook?!?

What does the man about town use these days Windies?
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

big mervyn wrote:
BaggyTrousers wrote:
big mervyn wrote:
I'd spend most of it on drink, hoes n' holidays, the rest I'd just fritter away. >EW
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Cockatrice wrote:
big mervyn wrote:
BaggyTrousers wrote:
big mervyn wrote:
Remain the same auld grumpy bar steward no doubt... >EW albeit a richer one
One might be a marginally less grumpy ballix but I doubt it. After all its not as if I don't have a choice to be grumpy or otherwise, it's my chosen path.

Mind you Cockers, I'll give you this advice free, gratis & fer nathin'. If some bloke tries to tell you after you've won the £95M that money won't bring you happiness, look the fecker straight in his mincers and tell him that you'll be the judge of that and he's nat gittin' a sov.

I'm in no doubt whatsoever, given my meagre stipend, the shattering of my supposed fixed asset wealth, the fact that HM's Pensions Minister's contribution to my income is a couple of years further away than heretofore, that I haven't had a pension increase in 4 years, that I haven't stopped being gutted by the runaway cost of living, that I could safely say £95M would improve my lot substantially, including happiness, a factor that clown of a Prime Minister believes is quantifiable.

Chube, I'd love to discharge a weapon in his vicinity - best be careful on specifics, Agen-le-tete might turn supergrass. >EW

Many young people are foolish enough, Cockers me old chum, to treat happiness as a destination.They have an ambition to be happy. As doubtless you know Cockers, happiness is simply a passing emotion, understanding that is the key to contentment. Go forth and be content .............. if at all possible in this kitty life that will kill you in the end.
Talking balls
Novice

Post by Talking balls »

Aye if yer gonna bawl yer lamps out it's much more comfortable doing it in the back of a big Mercedes than on a push bike in the rain. I'd take my chances with the money and hope for the best

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

big mervyn wrote:
BaggyTrousers wrote:
Snipe Watson wrote:On a side issue. I see Wiki list Ravenhill as 18,000 capacity. Was it not supposed to be 18,600?
18,200 sticks in my memory, but of course, other figures are available.

Wiki probably updated by an arsefoon. :D
You're both wrong. It was 18,300 (I errr think :lol: ).
Sorry, Merv, but Baggy was right ......

... I think!
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
Windeos
Warrior Chief

Post by Windeos »

BaggyTrousers wrote:
Windeos wrote:
People still use bakebook?!?

What does the man about town use these days Windies?
They use their vocal cords to communicate amongst real people. Social networks....grrr hisss booo
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

For what it is worth I am actually amazed that the removal of Ravenhill as even part of the stadia name has seemingly been such a smooth process…. that is not knocking the sponsor or getting at Ulster Rugby for making a few pounds for the game at all levels but a lot of history has been wiped out without any real fuss….
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
Gael
Steward

Post by Gael »

For what it's worth, the fact that the area of Belfast is stil Ravenhill will lead to prominence in it being called Ravenhill other than Kingspan stadium. If you jump in a taxi from the Holylands you'll say "Would you take me to Ravenhill please?". I reckon people won't say "would you take me to Kingspan?"
There was never a guard nor a customs man, got his nose inside that transit van.
Hans Indaruck
Squire

Post by Hans Indaruck »

Gael wrote:For what it's worth, the fact that the area of Belfast is stil Ravenhill will lead to prominence in it being called Ravenhill other than Kingspan stadium. If you jump in a taxi from the Holylands you'll say "Would you take me to Ravenhill please?". I reckon people won't say "would you take me to Kingspan?"
Nah - they would rightly say 'Lazy Fecker - you can walk it from here!!' :roll:
Hope is not a strategy.
Neil F
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neil F »

Cockatrice wrote:For what it is worth I am actually amazed that the removal of Ravenhill as even part of the stadia name has seemingly been such a smooth process…. that is not knocking the sponsor or getting at Ulster Rugby for making a few pounds for the game at all levels but a lot of history has been wiped out without any real fuss….
Can you explain how "a lot of history has been wiped out" by changing the name of a stadium that, with the exception of the floodlights and the memorial arch, has no features that were a part of it 10 years ago?
Talking balls
Novice

Post by Talking balls »

Neil F wrote:
Cockatrice wrote:For what it is worth I am actually amazed that the removal of Ravenhill as even part of the stadia name has seemingly been such a smooth process…. that is not knocking the sponsor or getting at Ulster Rugby for making a few pounds for the game at all levels but a lot of history has been wiped out without any real fuss….
Can you explain how "a lot of history has been wiped out" by changing the name of a stadium that, with the exception of the floodlights and the memorial arch, has no features that were a part of it 10 years ago?
Seriously? Are you really that thick that you need it explained?
UpAtSix
Initiate

Post by UpAtSix »

Talking balls wrote:
Neil F wrote:
Seriously? Are you really that thick that you need it explained?
A sense of place, identity and importance can transcend the physical surroundings. It will remain Ravenhill to me but I'm as disappointed as Cockctrice that Ravenhill was not included in the new name.