European Rugby Champions Cup Draw

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: European Rugby Champions Cup Draw

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Russ wrote:
Jackie Brown wrote:Any chance of a sponsor from these great economic gods, The PRL?
Nobody is biting

They will get one maybe, at a wack down price
What say we all just call it the Heiny & hope they are good for the promised minimum of £21M to Pro12 teams >EW

The French are not to be trusted & the English haven't a pot to pish in. I wouldn't be counting on the £21M any time soon. Perhaps this explains why UR are being parsimonious and sitting on their hands to an extent on expenditure. Makes sense to sit on our millions until the muddied water clears. All Hail Fit :cheers:
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

What does H from Steps do with his royalties?
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

BaggyTrousers wrote:
Russ wrote:
Jackie Brown wrote:Any chance of a sponsor from these great economic gods, The PRL?
Nobody is biting

They will get one maybe, at a wack down price
What say we all just call it the Heiny & hope they are good for the promised minimum of £21M to Pro12 teams >EW

The French are not to be trusted & the English haven't a pot to pish in. I wouldn't be counting on the £21M any time soon. Perhaps this explains why UR are being parsimonious and sitting on their hands to an extent on expenditure. Makes sense to sit on our millions until the muddied water clears. All Hail Fit :cheers:

Are we getting the millions?

Carol is extremely pished off and she has some dodgy friends called Gerry
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

BR wrote:
gonesouth wrote:
tigerburnie wrote:The 6 nations committee now run the show and they have never been known to do anything in a hurry, but they have never cocked up majorly either.
Thought I'd pop over here seeing as the Glasgow forum has desended into a referendum politics forum.

You've obvously never tried to get to the MS along the M4 for a Friday night game then.
It'll be worse when you have to queue at immigration on the M6 south of Gretna!
Mmmmmmmmmm, at a guess the "international border" will be as difficult to cross as that fiendish border south of Newry or the gridlock at Bridgend, or even that bottle neck between Strabane & Lifford.

Typical of the "better wan fernest t'other" campaign, Utter bullshite & scaremongering. Scots wi' hae. Die Sassenach B'astards. It's still ooooour oil. Gettifuyebasta. G'wan Scotland, Freeeeeeeeeeeeeedom.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Russ wrote:Image
Not at lunchtime please Russ, just brought mine all up again when that looked at me !
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Rooster wrote:
Russ wrote:Image
Not at lunchtime please Russ, just brought mine all up again when that looked at me !

Imagine being one of the poor girls at Ravers when she came storming in threatening to take it back to the 70s
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

BaggyTrousers wrote:
BR wrote:
gonesouth wrote:
tigerburnie wrote:The 6 nations committee now run the show and they have never been known to do anything in a hurry, but they have never cocked up majorly either.
Thought I'd pop over here seeing as the Glasgow forum has desended into a referendum politics forum.

You've obvously never tried to get to the MS along the M4 for a Friday night game then.
It'll be worse when you have to queue at immigration on the M6 south of Gretna!
Mmmmmmmmmm, at a guess the "international border" will be as difficult to cross as that fiendish border south of Newry or the gridlock at Bridgend, or even that bottle neck between Strabane & Lifford.
Newry -> Louth is all EU now, so no customs and CTA allows travel for locials. They'll have to blow the unnaproved roads around Berwick.
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
Mac
Chancellor to the King

Post by Mac »

TV deal speculation 'conservative'
European rugby chiefs stand to net "significantly more" than £14million in the most lucrative worldwide broadcasting rights deal for continental competition yet, Press Association Sport understands.

Distribution company IMG Media has won the tender to broker global broadcasting rights for the European Rugby Champions Cup.

Industry insiders initially slapped a £14million total on the potential windfall to the European game - but sources have told Press Association Sport the return is expected to be far greater.

"It is too soon to speculate on a final number, as the packages have yet to be sold of course," one source said.

"This deal will certainly outstrip the previous worldwide television arrangements though, and early indications suggest the return will be significantly more than that £14million figure."

Press Association Sport understands IMG is confident of pulling the sales package together quickly, able to play on the number of world stars embroiled in top-end European competition.

European Professional Club Rugby (EPCR) has signed a four-year deal with IMG Media to sell the broadcasting rights outside the UK, Ireland and France for the inaugural Champions Cup and Challenge Cup.

Executive committee member Bruce Craig hailed EPRC for securing the agreement, admitting it will significantly boost competition revenues.

"This new partnership with IMG comes quickly on the back of the conclusion of the UK TV rights contract with BT Sport and BSkyB," said Craig.

"IMG share our ambition and vision for these tournaments, and we look forward to working with them to ensure European professional club rugby reaches its potential in both established and emerging markets.

"We are now heading into the October kick-off in a very strong commercial position and expect another significant announcement later this month when the competitive tender process to secure the broadcast rights for France is concluded."

Craig helped broker the peace deal between Sky and BT Sport that cemented the formation of the Champions Cup, the competition to replace the Heineken Cup.

IMG will market live and highlights rights across all platforms for the 67 Champions Cup matches, the play-offs, 19 Challenge Cup clashes - and three games from the third tier Challenge Cup qualifying tournament.

Senior vice president Michael Mellor said IMG Media is excited to help build the new European rugby venture from the outset.

"This is the dawn of a new era in professional club rugby in Europe and it is an exciting proposition for us to be involved in from the very beginning," he said.

"We believe that our vast worldwide network of offices, along with our experience in selling rugby, places us in a great position to grow awareness of the top two European club tournaments across all media platforms."
http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/sport ... 52475.html
Image Image
If You Have To Ask....You Don't Understand
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

So they appointed someone to sell the rights on their behalf

Nobody in their right mind globally will be spending huge amounts on this

The southern hemisphere doesn't seem to give a fiddlers
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

£14 million per year I would doubt so that would mean per year and is the inital agreement for 5 years or was that never finalised either ? So if it is 5 years around 3 million a year which sounds more like it, it might be a lot of matches but in reality 6 weekends pools, 1 quarter 1 semi and 1 final, so 9 weekends matches in total.
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

So no sponsors/associates/partners so lets throw out a tale about "£14m may be conservative." :roll: :roll: :roll:

Just a different way of saying somebody wants to watch it, nobody wants to sponsor it. :duh: :duh: :duh:
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

BaggyTrousers wrote:So no sponsors/associates/partners so lets throw out a tale about "£14m may be conservative." :roll: :roll: :roll:

Just a different way of saying somebody wants to watch it, nobody wants to sponsor it. :duh: :duh: :duh:
I see it is a 4 year deal so £3.5 million a year, but that does not sound as dramatic
Rory Best
Liam Williams
Novice

Post by Liam Williams »

Supercharged Scarlets are laughing. Fourteen of their youth are in South Africa right now...
Gael
Steward

Post by Gael »

Relevance?
There was never a guard nor a customs man, got his nose inside that transit van.