Guinness Pro 12? for 14/15

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

ruckover
Lord Chancellor

Re: Guinness Pro 12? for 14/15

Post by ruckover »

As far as I'm aware as part of the deal Sky have to give equal coverage to all teams - I think it works out at two home games each and then one further game home or away. Not sure if that's right but it's a way of ensuring that a scenario doesn't occur where the big teams like us, Leinster and Munster get plenty of coverage and the likes of the Dragons and Zebre get none.
You haven't seen me at my best yet. Let's be honest, you probably never will.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

ruckover wrote:As far as I'm aware as part of the deal Sky have to give equal coverage to all teams - I think it works out at two home games each and then one further game home or away. Not sure if that's right but it's a way of ensuring that a scenario doesn't occur where the big teams like us, Leinster and Munster get plenty of coverage and the likes of the Dragons and Zebre get none.
Why should the welsh get coverage?

They tried to feck us

We all like a good Les Kiss
rorybestsbigbaldnoggin
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by rorybestsbigbaldnoggin »

ruckover wrote:As far as I'm aware as part of the deal Sky have to give equal coverage to all teams - I think it works out at two home games each and then one further game home or away. Not sure if that's right but it's a way of ensuring that a scenario doesn't occur where the big teams like us, Leinster and Munster get plenty of coverage and the likes of the Dragons and Zebre get none.

Has Clive got his subscription in yet?

Will we have a collection?
It's the hope that kills you.
thecrouch
Chancellor to the King

Post by thecrouch »

Yes.

They also can't show the same fixture twice - i.e. if they show Ulster v Leinster then they are not allowed to take the reverse fixture.
NUCIFORA IS A BELLEND
mea97mb
Squire

Post by mea97mb »

The Welsh regions and unions still haven't reached agreement, could have serious issues for pro12

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/rugb ... ak-7409834
scrum5
Lord Chancellor

Post by scrum5 »

Would say it has greater issues for the Regions with nowhere left for them to play, unless the PRL pull out of Europe and go to a 16 team PL, remember the PRL and the RRW are best buddies and the PRL will be forever grateful to the regions for siding with them over Europe :lol:
In memory of Nevin Spence 1990- 15th Sept. 2012
Axel..... 30 October 1973 - 16 October 2016
Pedrie Wannenburg. 2 January 1981 - 22 April 2022.
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

You really couldn't make it up.......
Setanta
Lord Chancellor

Post by Setanta »

Assuming we still have a league for at least the coming season I have a few surmises! There have been many changes for next season; twelve new signings for Zebre, multiple props at Glasgow etc., The ins and outs for the English and French leagues have been published and summarised in various missals; can we expect something similar for the Guinness somewhere?
From the rolling glens of Antrim through the hills of Donegal we will stand and shout for Ulster as we win both scrum and maul from the lovely lakes of Fermanagh tae the shores of ould Lough Gall we will scream and shout for Ulster as we beat them one and all!
Setanta
Lord Chancellor

Post by Setanta »

I feel sorry for Sam Warburton; it must be tough being an honest man in Wales. Maybe Ulster could borrow him at need?
From the rolling glens of Antrim through the hills of Donegal we will stand and shout for Ulster as we win both scrum and maul from the lovely lakes of Fermanagh tae the shores of ould Lough Gall we will scream and shout for Ulster as we beat them one and all!
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Treviso will be interesting, a couple if years back they were threatening to make progress, last season undoubtedly went two steps backwards and now Leicester have signed 5 of their better players.

Will Zebre make further strides? Scarlets scrum improved out of all recognition last season can they build on it with a new coaching team. Mexico still top dogs without two ould balloxi, BOD and ugly kid Leo?

Will Glasgie impress again or have they peaked?

Will Munster revert to type under Axle? Will Ulster have the Kiss of Life or Death?
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

Anyone know when the dates and kick off times will actually be announced? Was supposed to be this week.
Rob6
Initiate

Post by Rob6 »

Neill_M wrote:Anyone know when the dates and kick off times will actually be announced? Was supposed to be this week.

Could be a while yet.... the LV Cup has put a spanner in the works

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/rugb ... ns-7506550
Hustle......Loyality......Respect

U...L....S...T...E...R...R...R...R...R...R...R

Don't Stop Believing!!!!!!!!

Supporting Ulster Rugby should come with a health warning!!
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Welsh clubs really don't help themselves.

Interesting that it was an RFU statement and not a PRL one

Easterby Out
scrum5
Lord Chancellor

Post by scrum5 »

One of the things I like most about rugby is the social aspect, where opposition fans can mix freely together and enjoy the rugby on view, but I have to admit I'm seriously drunk off with all things Welsh rugby especially the RRW, and their whinging supporters
In memory of Nevin Spence 1990- 15th Sept. 2012
Axel..... 30 October 1973 - 16 October 2016
Pedrie Wannenburg. 2 January 1981 - 22 April 2022.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

scrum5 wrote:One of the things I like most about rugby is the social aspect, where opposition fans can mix freely together and enjoy the rugby on view, but I have to admit I'm seriously drunk off with all things Welsh rugby especially the RRW, and their whinging supporters
I see no problem with welsh supporters

It's anyone who supports a region that pishes me off

Easterby Out