European Rugby Champions Cup Draw

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: European Rugby Champions Cup Draw

Post by Russ »

Liam Williams wrote:Supercharged Scarlets are laughing. Fourteen of their youth are in South Africa right now...

You sold your naming rights to a music store in Brighton?
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Rooster wrote:
BaggyTrousers wrote:So no sponsors/associates/partners so lets throw out a tale about "£14m may be conservative." :roll: :roll: :roll:

Just a different way of saying somebody wants to watch it, nobody wants to sponsor it. :duh: :duh: :duh:
I see it is a 4 year deal so £3.5 million a year, but that does not sound as dramatic
Yeah but that's not my point, this is just a not terribly exciting wee story to try to generate some enthusiasm for a tournament it appears no sponsors are fighting to be associated with.

That in my inestimable opinion is a much much bigger story.

Almost invisible draw, except for BR & 4 mates, not on advertised channels other than BTShyte (whose presentation I witnessed in my Spanish hovel at Easter and utterly hated their style, presenters, razzmatazz), abysmal website, no rules that we are aware of. Lots of huff & puff from the PRL and pretty much no product as yet, hopefully tey will get their English fingers out of their shiteboxes.

Plenty of time of course but one would have expected that in their moment of triumph, in killing off ERC, they might at least have tried to appear competent.

Am I exaggerating, I don't think so, it's all incredibly underwhelming so far. A clusterballix which hopefully will be saved by the rugby eventually.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

But this way they will have an excuse, when they opt for local sponsorship deals
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

BR wrote:But this way they will have an excuse, when they opt for local sponsorship deals
Interesting thought but that would depend what people have signed up for. I'd be surprised if there is not an agreement for division of sponsorship & advertising revenue. >rtfm

Of course PRL & agreements go together like jelly & motor oil.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Liam Williams
Novice

Post by Liam Williams »

Gael wrote:Relevance?
Took a while to find this again. Relevance; - Youth, experience of a tough rugby environment and playing like we did in the first twenty for the remaining 60. It will result in a world cup winners medal. :lol: :red: :red: :red: Oh, and not playing against two more players helps.. Discipline. We must become disciplined. Suppose that starts with me.,. >EW
Cornerfleg
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cornerfleg »

Liam Williams wrote:Supercharged Scarlets are laughing. Fourteen of their youth are in South Africa right now...

Are they looking for work?
Always ask yourself, "What would Big Rodney do"... And every time the answer is... "Eat It"
Gael
Steward

Post by Gael »

The reason it took a while to find this again is because it is in a thread to which it has very little of the aforementioned relevance
There was never a guard nor a customs man, got his nose inside that transit van.
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Cornerfleg wrote:

It's like How a Green Was My Valley all over again. Hard times...
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

Maybe sheep ???? :twisted:
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Snipe Watson wrote:
Cornerfleg wrote:

It's like How a Green Was My Valley all over again. Hard times...
That's a surprise, I thought the sequel was "How black was my slagheap"............... or should that be slag sheep? :scratch:
mikerob
Lord Chancellor

Post by mikerob »

Apparently the T14 broadcast deal with Canal+ announced earlier this year has been knocked on the head by the French courts (there were complaints from another broadcaster about the process to award the rights)

Something else that will delay rights for the super-duper cup being sold in France?
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

mikerob wrote:Apparently the T14 broadcast deal with Canal+ announced earlier this year has been knocked on the head by the French courts (there were complaints from another broadcaster about the process to award the rights)

Something else that will delay rights for the super-duper cup being sold in France?
You must admit Mike, it's all going outstandingly well for the Superduper Cup inc
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Snipe Watson wrote:
mikerob wrote:Apparently the T14 broadcast deal with Canal+ announced earlier this year has been knocked on the head by the French courts (there were complaints from another broadcaster about the process to award the rights)

You must admit Mike, it's all going outstandingly well for the Superduper Cup inc
I saw a link for a ruling that states basically that the Canal+ coverage goes ahead this season but negotiations for the next season for all French matches including the super duper start in November.
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

Bath Rugby return to Europe’s much- vaunted ‘top table’ in October. But just how big will the feast be? And who will be providing the drinks?

The Heineken Cup could well be a thing of the past, but it might be a case of “the Heineken Cup is dead, long live the Heineken Cup”, because the brewer is understood to be in line to be the new Rugby Champions Cup’s lead sponsor.

One of the reasons for English and French clubs initially serving their notice to withdraw from the old Heineken Cup was that they felt clubs weren’t receiving enough of the tournament’s revenues – and that those revenues, under better management, could be significantly greater.

Step forward Switzerland- based European Professional Club Rugby, the club-backed organisation responsible for running the Rugby Champions Cup. It has a target of making the competition worth £100m per year.

Read more: http://www.bathchronicle.co.uk/TOM-BRAD ... z394x6b5u3
Read more at http://www.bathchronicle.co.uk/TOM-BRAD ... kY2KJu0.99

But will the tournament produce that kind of cash?

I understand that, for its opening season, the Rugby Champions Cup is likely to have three rather than five main sponsors.

That might look disappointing, but then it’s early days for the new competition, which was embroiled in all manner of eleventh-hour negotiations last season during the protracted demise of European Cup Rugby, the now-defunct organiser of the Heineken Cup,

And a source close to commercial negotiations for the Rugby Champions Cup tells me that the tournament is close to confirming a 200 per cent increase in the value of international TV rights and a 70 per cent increase in the value of UK rights.

In other words, the top table is still likely to have some choice morsels on it.

Read more: http://www.bathchronicle.co.uk/TOM-BRAD ... z394xFYOBO
Read more at http://www.bathchronicle.co.uk/TOM-BRAD ... kY2KJu0.99
http://www.bathchronicle.co.uk/TOM-BRAD ... story.html
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18
tigerburnie
Warrior

Post by tigerburnie »

Gossip has it that the clubs got an email saying fixtures announced on Tuesday 12th September, only the 12th September is on a Friday, so it may be next week on Tuesday the 12th..................................