Ulster v Exeter 22nd August

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

rocky
Red Hand Ambassador

Re: Ulster v Exeter 22nd August

Post by rocky »

:stir: Ludikrous! :stir:
Bo***cks to Brexit
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Scranner wrote:It's going to take a bit of time to learn all the new names. I only recognise about a quarter of these.
That's why it's not on TV, Gusher is totally confused
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Setanta
Lord Chancellor

Post by Setanta »

OK, Adair and Atkinson have me beat, who are they? Great to see the young talent given a go. That leaves another 23 players to have a run out!
From the rolling glens of Antrim through the hills of Donegal we will stand and shout for Ulster as we win both scrum and maul from the lovely lakes of Fermanagh tae the shores of ould Lough Gall we will scream and shout for Ulster as we beat them one and all!
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

Setanta wrote:OK, Adair and Atkinson have me beat, who are they?
Brothers of Herring and Frost.
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
Setanta
Lord Chancellor

Post by Setanta »

Not even mildly amusing.
From the rolling glens of Antrim through the hills of Donegal we will stand and shout for Ulster as we win both scrum and maul from the lovely lakes of Fermanagh tae the shores of ould Lough Gall we will scream and shout for Ulster as we beat them one and all!
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Has the man who ruined Ulster's season on 5th April 2014 facked of to Mexico or did I miss him in all the names? Can't be arsed checking back. :duh:

One had heard tales of his extra training, short break ...................pity it wasn't his bloody neck, and how he is raring to go. No one said he was raring to go to Mexico, maybe Glaws have put in a late bid.

He has yet to apologise for his gross stupidity, he has so far just wallowed in a bit of self pity. Until I hear the words, "I probably (that means definitely) cost Johann the chance of a glorious ending", Windy is dead to me.

SKY covering this game is good news mind you................. if they actually were .........sorry, just teasing. >EW
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

Not that surprised at the mix and the number of forwards included .

Firstly we have lost two of our primary fronts rows

Secondly possibly two of our primary second rows may be missing on Ireland duty and likewise possibly three primary back rows one player Ian Henderson being considered as both a second row and back row option with Diack as the third back row who may be called up if others were to be injured

Therefore there are a number of forward places up for grabs .

The back line is again make piece due to the resting of Internationals and injury recoveries and nothing like the back line which might take the field next week or be on the bench .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
Setanta
Lord Chancellor

Post by Setanta »

Try again. Updating my player lists. OK, Adair and Atkinson have me beat, who are they?
kingofthehill
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by kingofthehill »

Setanta wrote:Try again. Updating my player lists. OK, Adair and Atkinson have me beat, who are they?
Josh Atkinson is a 7.
The King is dead. Long live the King.
Setanta
Lord Chancellor

Post by Setanta »

Thanks. Ross Adair?
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Setanta wrote:Thanks. Ross Adair?
Winger apparently, news to me.

This is why I am always in Spain for the friendlies, barely worth bothering about. :duck:
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

Ok thats there positions which is fine and danny but Age ? CLub ? Previous form such as representative rugby schoolboy ? U19s U20s ? height and weight?

from the above one might assess if they are contenders for either the squad or the academy or are the coaches just trying to assess progress in their development ?

Are we going to see the next big hope to hype and ruin by over expectation ?

To read some of the schoolboy assessments of their peers you sometimes wonder where all the guys they think are wonderful disappear to one fears it is into the brown vapour of the schoolboy opinion .
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
kingofthehill
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by kingofthehill »

rumncoke wrote:Ok thats there positions which is fine and danny but Age ? CLub ? Previous form such as representative rugby schoolboy ? U19s U20s ? height and weight?

from the above one might assess if they are contenders for either the squad or the academy or are the coaches just trying to assess progress in their development ?

To read some of the schoolboy assessments of their peers you sometimes wonder where all the guys they think are wonderful disappear to one fears it is into the brown vapour of the schoolboy opinion .
Stockdale (Wallace hs last year) and Owens (Campbell last year) are worth getting excited over.

Atkinson is 20,played for Instonians last year and is about 6ft1 and 95kg (just a rough guess). Played Ulster u20.
The King is dead. Long live the King.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

rumncoke wrote:Ok thats there positions which is fine and danny but Age ? CLub ? Previous form such as representative rugby schoolboy ? U19s U20s ? height and weight?

FFS Rum'n what do you take me for, a stalker? Next you'll be asking how many of the squad I fathered. :duh:

Just hope that someone half as good as Olding or Hendo pops his head up this season. I am hoping Big Licence makes further strides this season, I love a good prop me. :thumleft:
solidarity
Chancellor to the King

Post by solidarity »

[quote="BaggyTrousers I am hoping Big Licence makes further strides this season, I love a good prop me. :thumleft:[/quote]
Haven't got my head round all the nicknames yet. Who's Big Licence and where does the name come from?
Obviously haven't got my head round how to quote either