Round 6 - Ra Weegies

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Round 6 - Ra Weegies

Post by Rooster »

Kofi Annan wrote:
rumncoke wrote:Everybody looks at Darren with rose coloured glasses he does somethings extremely well but he is not an electric outside centre he is quietly competent whereas Payne does have that touch of magic on occasions , but for me I must say coming into the line from 15 allows more opportunity for that ability than lining out at 13 where his ability to maximise the effectiveness of his change of pace is limited. I think it is because in the N/H backs tend to opt for a drift defence across the field which results in a two man defence being created on any back trying to breach the gain line .s/h back lines tend to run from deep and have more space to approach the defender .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Payne has a touch of magic at 13 :scratch: I my be blind but I have yet to have seen it. Can you give me an example of his touch of magic at 13.
Aye he magically moved to 15 from 13 last week, fantastic move I thought :thumleft:
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Ithryn
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by Ithryn »

For years Cave has been a rock in defence, he organises the whole backline and wins turnovers. All this chopping and changing this season worries me, it's ruining the defences cohesiveness.
Why? Why not?
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

FFS Rum'n your trying my patience. I try to maintain serviceable relations between veterans but in the name of the sweet lord jaysus, did I read that right, Jihad shows touches of class at 13. :lol: :lol: :lol:

That ould haun' is bloody funny, eh? A wind up right?

Did you mean he's a bit of a lass at 13? Now that I can get my head around, see the way he ushered Quiff through to end our season at the RDS? In fact I'll name that lass, Jessie. :duh:
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Nightsoil
Warrior

Post by Nightsoil »

If Payne's shown a touch of magic in a 13 shirt, then Darren Cave has more magic than Merlin and Harry Houdini put together.
Cornerfleg
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cornerfleg »

Maybe he's thinking of Tommy Cooper ...
Always ask yourself, "What would Big Rodney do"... And every time the answer is... "Eat It"
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Tuilagi probably back for our match with Tiggers so he will move Jihad back to 15 if he starts at 13, that would be kiss yer Brennan goodbye to Super Duper Cup
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Kofi Annan
Lord Chancellor

Post by Kofi Annan »

image.jpg
image.jpg (77.94 KiB) Viewed 947 times
“For the liespotter who knows how to listen well, the random words, sounds, and phrases in a person's speech are never as random as they seem. They offer a clear sightline into the liar's psyche.”
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

God Almighty, I hope Rum'n hasn't passed away overnight. :shock: :shock: :shock:

No response to this barrage of "You whaa ?"

Say it ain't so Rum'n, I'd miss you ould haun'.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Evil Kiwi
Novice

Post by Evil Kiwi »

Jee-rod is a fufteen! The blues played him at thirteen for a ficking joke. They also played a prop at scrim half. Weepu. They even told Jonny Ufoa he could come back to nz anytime he liked without effecting hus contract if he signed for Usltaaa. Prainksters the lot of em!
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

I didn't say Payne was a magic 13 I stated he has a touch of magic to evade tacklers but due the N/H preference for a drift defence the ability is lessen substantially when he plays 13 .

Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

rumncoke wrote:I didn't say Payne was a magic 13 I stated he has a touch of magic to evade tacklers but due the N/H preference for a drift defence the ability is lessen substantially when he plays 13 .

I wonder would Paul Daniels make a good 13? What about David Jason or is a touch of frost no good?
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Nightsoil
Warrior

Post by Nightsoil »

If Payne's ability to beat defenders if they're in the right defensive system is defined as a touch of magic, what do we call Cave's ability to beat 4 defenders and make 5 line breaks down in Argentina, and beat 3 defenders and make 4 line breaks in the HEC last year?

I don't think Cave's the messiah. But there's nothing Payne's done in the Ulster 13 jersey that he hasn't done better.

If Schmidt thinks he needs to look elsewhere than Cave than it's looking less and less rational to look at Payne by the day.
Cornerfleg
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cornerfleg »

When is this feckin team announced ... I want an excuse to tut and suck in air while giving off about silly positional selections ....
Always ask yourself, "What would Big Rodney do"... And every time the answer is... "Eat It"
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Cornerfleg wrote:When is this feckin team announced ... I want an excuse to tut and suck in air while giving off about silly positional selections ....
Tomorrow! Maybe though we should have a mock team announcement because it may be a biggy. Like a drill so everyone knows what they are supposed to be at. Like who is going to ask if it's on TV? Who will Russ want out? Has Clive got a ticket? Did Trimble leave the team line up on a loo roll for Pip to find in his bins? Etc....
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Cornerfleg wrote:When is this feckin team announced ... I want an excuse to tut and suck in air while giving off about silly positional selections ....
Try this one fleg, I polished the crystal balls again
Warwick
Best
Herbst
O'Connor
FVDM
Diack
Henry
Wilson
P Marshall
Humphreys
Bowe
McCloskey
Payne
Trimble
Ludik

Need some more polish to get subs sorted but Black, Herring, Dave, Olding, Heaney, Cave, Williams and Stevenson seem to be drifting around in the fog.
Last edited by Rooster on Thu Oct 09, 2014 12:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rory Best