Stats!

Get together, pool resources, share information on everything from trips to meeting places and social arrangements.

Moderator: Moderators

The FRU
Squire

Stats!

Post by The FRU »

Any of you anal-ists can review the Stats for the past season at http://www.thefru.co.uk

(C)tok productions ltd!
banditt
Novice

Post by banditt »

well here's my stats.............6ft2 19.5 stone,fat ugly thick :roll:
mikerob
Lord Chancellor

Post by mikerob »

Stats make interesting reading... for a statto anyway.

Ulster has second-best points-for figure (after Leinster) but a far better points-against figure reinforcing the saying that attack wins games but defence wins championships. I think there was only one team that managed to score 3 tries against Ulster and that was Connacht away.

The point that stands out to me is that Ulster only had 3 bonus points for 4 or more tries while all the other teams in the top 5 had between 5 and 8 bonus points.

I think there were maybe 3 games when Ulster had 3 tries (Borders away, Edinburgh away and Dragons at home) and its a pity they hadn't been a bit more ruthless in those games to get the extra points and save some last minute blood pressure at the Os...
darkside lightside
Lord Chancellor

Post by darkside lightside »

mike - true, and of those matches the most perplexing was against Dragons, when IIRC we scored three tries in the first half, and then did shag-all in the second - and at the death, with the match won, we had a penalty which we simply kicked out to end the game, rather than going for a fourth try...
jamesie
Lord Chancellor

Post by jamesie »

mikerob wrote:Stats make interesting reading...
Caolan wrote:mike - true...
feck, i can't wait til i next go out for a beer with you two... :shock: shall i bring my wisden cricket almanac 1969? :roll:
aarons
Lord Chancellor

Post by aarons »

jamesie wrote:feck, i can't wait til i next go out for a beer with you two... :shock: shall i bring my wisden cricket almanac 1969? :roll:
:lol:

it's alright jamesie, i hate numbers. all sorts of knowledge, actually, can't stand it..
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

Jamesie- Great deal on at the moment on Wisden Almanac only £23.76 down from £36. Cheap at half the price.
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
Tighthead Prod
Novice

Post by Tighthead Prod »

CT - where's the Wisdens at the reduced price ??

it's sad - your and Cables influences are rubbing off on me !!
http://www.thefru.co.uk Valiant for Truth Justice and the Ulster Way.
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

THP- at Amazon.co.uk however for rugby matters I rely on cable services ltd.
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU