question... for everyone...

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

thecrouch
Chancellor to the King

Re: question... for everyone...

Post by thecrouch »

Snipe Watson wrote:
thecrouch wrote:
Snipe Watson wrote:
thecrouch wrote:
Snipe Watson wrote:Have you ever tried on a players shirt? Nick wears a 3XL so does Fitzy. I can't get into one, I've tried :shock: :oops: Well I could get it on, but breathing was a totally out of the question.
:lol:

I have one of the player fit jerseys in size XS.

Getting in to it isn't too bad, getting out of it requires assistance!
I didn't think players shirts came in smaller than large. You must be tiny.
My 15 year old son who is skinny as a whip wears an XL players shirt, perfect fit. He normally wears a small in a supporters shirt.
They come in all sizes.

I'm 6'4" and pretty lean and the XS is tight on me, it's probably how you'd wear it if you were actually playing a game in it. If I was buying again I'd go up a size for sure.

Trying to get out of it is a nightmare. The material doesn't stretch whatsoever and almost sticks to you.
Are you talking about the players shirts they sell in the shop? I'm talking about the used shirts worn by the players that are sold off at the end of the season. Totally different cut to the ones they sell in the shop.

Your name makes sense now. :lol:
There are three types of jersey - the old cotton style, the supporter style and the player fit ones.

The player fit ones you can buy in the shop (or maybe you can only get them online) are the same as what the players wear, but the players themselves will obviously not wear sizes like XS.

The supporters ones are slightly looser fitting - these are the ones you will see the vast majority of fans wear.

And the cotton ones are the old parachute type things that are huge on everyone who isn't built like a bowling ball.

And yep, that's where the name comes from. :thumleft:
NUCIFORA IS A BELLEND
thecrouch
Chancellor to the King

Post by thecrouch »

NUCIFORA IS A BELLEND
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

I wouldn't be surprised if the player fit was now injured.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

We've got one of Paddy Wallace's match shirts. My daughter (weemins size 12) can just squeeze into it. I couldn't get it over my shoulders.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Ampersand
Novice

Post by Ampersand »

big mervyn wrote:We've got one of Paddy Wallace's match shirts. My daughter (weemins size 12) can just squeeze into it. I couldn't get it over my shoulders.
Match SOCKS , Merv.

You've got one of paddy Wallace's match SOCKS! :roll:
&
SparkyClarky
Warrior

Post by SparkyClarky »

Going back to Doak out of his depth, one thing that got me on the appointment of Bryn Cunningham that applies to Doak also. Although both ex Ulster players they didn't have that Ireland International pedigree that would even attract a first meeting, telephone call in a world wide search (outside the Lisburn area) with the Box Office signings.

Great an all as it is to have a home grown coach, you lose out on bringing good players you have worked with before.

Pat Lam bringing in Mils @ 15 (not brill but coaching too) Bundi Aki etc

Now Hammett at Cardiff calling Rey Le-lo Samoan centre from Hurricanes to join Cardiff.
"I obviously know him well from our time together at the Hurricanes and I'm delighted to be able to join him in Wales and look to bring success to the Blues."

We are losing out on this alone. It is certainly a lot easier as a number two and plenty of us believe we can always do the job better then our bosses. In effect once we get there it can result it us being without a job very quickly when the reality bites.

As posted in another thread the next six fixtures against lower placed opposition might save Doakies bacon. Coupled with the returning sick list toward the later half of the season.

I believe we will make it with Connacht, Glasgow away deciding just were in the top 4?

Isn't it great fun being an Ulster supporter.

Kevlar vest now attached so fire away!
noun "Fan"
an enthusiastic devotee, follower, or admirer of a sport,

I'm Not an expert, not always right, I'm just enthusiastic....well most of the time!
Ampersand
Novice

Post by Ampersand »

SparkyClarky wrote:Kevlar vest now attached so fire away!
Watch out for a Baggy "head shot"! :duck:
&
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

We need to win every game from now on. We will drop points on the last three.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

thecrouch wrote:
There are three types of jersey - the old cotton style, the supporter style and the player fit ones.

The player fit ones you can buy in the shop (or maybe you can only get them online) are the same as what the players wear, but the players themselves will obviously not wear sizes like XS.

The supporters ones are slightly looser fitting - these are the ones you will see the vast majority of fans wear.

And the cotton ones are the old parachute type things that are huge on everyone who isn't built like a bowling ball.

I don't care what they call them in the blurb, they are not cut the same as the players actual playing shirts. The same material yes, but not the same cut. If you go to the end of season gear sale you will see what I mean. Listen to Mervyn, he knows what he's talking about.
thecrouch
Chancellor to the King

Post by thecrouch »

Snipe Watson wrote:
thecrouch wrote:

I don't care what they call them in the blurb, they are not cut the same as the players actual playing shirts. The same material yes, but not the same cut. If you go to the end of season gear sale you will see what I mean. Listen to Mervyn, he knows what he's talking about.
I believe you. :thumleft:
NUCIFORA IS A BELLEND
firebell53
Novice

Post by firebell53 »

Cornerfleg wrote:I know it's only half time, I know it's raining, I know we've injuries....

But...

Is it just me or is Doakie so far out of his depth, you feel like having a whip round for a mercy killing.

Fecking clueless ballix...
Interesting, Darren Cave in his interview states that Ulster coaching and Management is the best in his time with Ulster. :red:
BuckRogers
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by BuckRogers »

firebell53 wrote:
Cornerfleg wrote:I know it's only half time, I know it's raining, I know we've injuries....

But...

Is it just me or is Doakie so far out of his depth, you feel like having a whip round for a mercy killing.

Interesting, Darren Cave in his interview states that Ulster coaching and Management is the best in his time with Ulster. :red:
That doesn't necessarily say a lot.

Doak has always been highly regarded by the players but results and performances between Glasgow and the weekend have suggested that at the very least he was struggling to come to terms with the position.

I am optimistic about the rest of the season now on the back of the Tigers game however the rest of the season to date cannot be forgotten. We have been terrible, genuinely pathetic at times as witnessed by a record european defeat last week.

I think the thing a lot of people forget is that people like myself do not enjoy watching Ulster play like drains. Criticism, justified criticism, stems from frustration about how poorly and cluelessly we have played.

If it is obvious to us mere mortals why is it not obvious to those that are paid to know better?

Why did it take until last week to play the sort of rugby that Doak has a reputation for playing?

We know McComish is probably leaving but why did we persist with Ross at 7 until Toulon when he was an AIL level six last season?

Lots of questions, not that many clear answers.

As I said elsewhere it's up to the players and management to do the needful and kick on from here.

I sincerely hope they do.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

firebell53 wrote:

But...

There is a hell of a lot of Goebbels style propaganda comes out of UR
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Doak has always been regarded as a good backs coach. However it's a case of deja vous all over again. Like Small McCall before him, the step up to head coach is a whole different issue.
Given that the shots are being called from Dublin until after the RWC, it is entirely unfair to castigate Doak for doing what he is told by his Aussie boss.
BuckRogers
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by BuckRogers »

Was he, and the rest of the coaches, really being told to play such negative rugby? I'm open to a dublin conspiracy theory as much as the next man but that doesn't sit.

IMO with the shambles of appointing Kiss and the hasty Doak as Head Coach appointment upset the apple cart between the coaching staff and impacted the players.

I firmly believe there was a case of three individuals working to their own agenda and how it showed in our overall play. Hopefully the three stooges have finally got their acts together and are rowing in unison now.