Rugby is a simple game

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Rugby is a simple game

Post by Russ »

rumncoke wrote:According to Joe the ABs win because of their SiD

When one player goes off the player replacing him is as good or better.

Similarly the ABs seldom fall foul to team weakening due to injury .

Not to many teams could be in to their 3rd or 4th choice of player at out half in a World Cup final and still win .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Because they can all do the basics!
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

Maybe and maybe not I would put it down to a common ethos at schools level long long before any start playing Professional Club Rugby.

Do you think it is by accident that many of those who play for Ireland are sons of rugby players, some good some not so good , the evidence points to the fact the earlier you start playing the better because you learn the basics early in life how catch ,how to hold the ball and how to pass when to kick etc.

My complaint about mini rugby I see at Kingspan is that you see boys running with the ball but what you seldom see is a good passing move across the field the exploitation of space by use of a kick .

There seems to be the idea that the more players on the pitch the better i believe the opposite to be true seven aside in a smaller area would lead to better passing and use of space.
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
pwrmoore
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by pwrmoore »

rumncoke wrote:
My complaint about mini rugby I see at Kingspan is that you see boys running with the ball but what you seldom see is a good passing move across the field the exploitation of space by use of a kick .
There is no kicking in mini-rugby rum (except for the oldest age-group when clearing kicks are allowed within the "defence zone" which is within 10m of your own goal-line)
Paul.

C'mon Ulsterrrrrrrrr! :red:
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

British Bulldog was the only pre gramnar school preperation for rugby I had.

Thon sorted out the men from the under 10s :lol:
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Ampersand
Novice

Post by Ampersand »

pwrmoore wrote:
rumncoke wrote:
There is no kicking in mini-rugby rum (except for the oldest age-group when clearing kicks are allowed within the "defence zone" which is within 10m of your own goal-line)
Still awaiting rum's response in which he states that the referees/coaches are misinterpreting the laws of mini-rugby and that kicking is permitted.
&
Ampersand
Novice

Post by Ampersand »

big mervyn wrote:British Bulldog was the only pre gramnar school preperation for rugby I had.

I see you still haven't made it to gramnar (sic) school. :lol: :duck:
&
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

Ampersand wrote:
big mervyn wrote:British Bulldog was the only pre gramnar school preperation for rugby I had.

I see you still haven't made it to gramnar (sic) school. :lol: :duck:
Unfortunately selective education can't cure stubby fingers.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Cornerfleg
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cornerfleg »

Ampersand wrote:
pwrmoore wrote:
rumncoke wrote:
Still awaiting rum's response in which he states that the referees/coaches are misinterpreting the laws of mini-rugby and that kicking is permitted.

This will be fun ...
Always ask yourself, "What would Big Rodney do"... And every time the answer is... "Eat It"
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Average sized fight

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

I did realise that kicking the ball is not permitted in mini rugby whether it is a good idea or not personally i don't think it is .
All I see in mini rugby doing is getting a bunch of wee lads on a pitch who take it turns to run with ball until by sheer weight of numbers the player with ball is brought to ground .

I see very few skills being developed

Its fun for the kids but the fact is most of the good players learn little from playing mini rugby in the 10 years it has featured at Ravenhill I wonder how many have developed into decent rugby players .
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

rumncoke wrote:I did realise that kicking the ball is not permitted in mini rugby whether it is a good idea or not personally i don't think it is .
All I see in mini rugby doing is getting a bunch of wee lads on a pitch who take it turns to run with ball until by sheer weight of numbers the player with ball is brought to ground .

Its fun for the kids but the fact is most of the good players learn little from playing mini rugby in the 10 years it has featured at Ravenhill I wonder how many have developed into decent rugby players .
Well Rum I have coached mini rugby and schools rugby for many years and can inform you that you are talking complete and unadulterated scour.

ps I can't wait to hear Once a Knight's views on this........... ># ># ># ># >#
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Snipe Watson wrote:
rumncoke wrote:I did realise that kicking the ball is not permitted in mini rugby whether it is a good idea or not personally i don't think it is .

Well Rum I have coached mini rugby and schools rugby for many years and can inform you that you are talking complete and unadulterated scour.

Snipe out
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
pwrmoore
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by pwrmoore »

Snipe Watson wrote:

I agree with snipe. When my boy went through minis many years ago there was plenty of skills coaching and the difference between when he started and when he progressed to schools rugby in terms of basic skills and discipline was like night and day.
Paul.

C'mon Ulsterrrrrrrrr! :red:
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Dave wrote:
Snipe Watson wrote:

Snipe out
Wat? On a night like that?
Ampersand
Novice

Post by Ampersand »

Snipe Watson wrote:ps I can't wait to hear Once a Knight's views on this........... ># ># ># ># >#
Wat? A Knight like that?
&