Schools Cup 2015

ny and all to do with skules

Moderator: Moderators

rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Re: Schools Cup 2015

Post by rumncoke »

Not a classic game but as I stated the weather was terrible while the air temperature might have been a + the wind chill factor would have taken the temperature on the pitch well into - ve country .

Knock Ons or attempted intercept take your pick I would accept the scrum was fine on one occasion a penalty on the other but the ref was consistent in his decisions in that regard . The direction of the hands is only relevant on a flat pass . The pass was not flat it was forward .

The Coleraine scrum half had a nice pass for a player who looks rather young .

Again as stated on the day I think Coleraine had a better second half but any team who playing with the elements in the first half fails to exploit that advantage doesn't deserve to win.

"The Inst"
to win needed at least 12 points on the board in the first half but were never going to obtain that playing pick up and go.

I suppose it will now cease to known as "The Inst " and become "The Grammar "

I do hope they stick to the same colour of Jersey maybe with a green trim on the collar instead of white .
It is with out doubt the nicest jersey in Ulster schools rugby .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
clivemcl
Novice

Post by clivemcl »

I believe the strip is changing colours. I was told, but can't for the life of me remember the colours. Navy and Green perhaps?

RBAI were there for the taking, but I think Coleraine just didn't have the quality to try and play any creative rugby. Any time they dared throw the ball wide, they simply got isolated and turned over. The pick and go stuff did little for them.

RBAI ball handling was almost abysmal. If they drop balls that many times in the final it could be a slaughter.

On a personal note - quite sad seeing the rugby strip, the inst blazers and the green of the high school (there in support), knowing it is coming to an end. I've left Coleraine Inst 12 years now - fond memories.
BuckRogers
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by BuckRogers »

Bopeep you'll realise sooner or later there is more to life than schools rugby.
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

Won't be sorry to see the end of the blazer even when I was at the school in the late 50 s it was an embarrassment the only place it could be worn was round the Triangle .

As a boarder you never warmed up wearing it and it was impossible to go into town during the week without being spotted by a Master .
There are times in life you like to semi invisible it was an impossibility in that Blazer . On holiday in Kerry and some leans out of a car window and shouts " your along way from Coleraine "

Some liked the blazer others hated it .

Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
nclcol
Novice

Post by nclcol »

Will be suprised if Wallace don't go all the way to win the first schools cup in the schools history, unbeaten this year and look very convincing, however it will be a totally different game on Thursday with Methody always strong in the cup and could always upset the odds.
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

clivemcl wrote:I believe the strip is changing colours. I was told, but can't for the life of me remember the colours. Navy and Green perhaps?

RBAI were there for the taking, but I think Coleraine just didn't have the quality to try and play any creative rugby. Any time they dared throw the ball wide, they simply got isolated and turned over. The pick and go stuff did little for them.

RBAI ball handling was almost abysmal. If they drop balls that many times in the final it could be a slaughter.

On a personal note - quite sad seeing the rugby strip, the inst blazers and the green of the high school (there in support), knowing it is coming to an end. I've left Coleraine Inst 12 years now - fond memories.
Were you at Ravers Clive?

Feckin disgrace it wasn't on the telly!
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Alister Scott
Steward

Post by Alister Scott »

Bopeep wrote:Sorry to disappoint never went to the school see you must have gone to Campbell given your spelling lol
Perhaps you were contemporary boars?

You are obviously very familiar with Campbell, given your punctuation ...... or lack of.
Ocean87
Novice

Post by Ocean87 »

Who is Robert Lyttle all of a sudden? As an avid school rugby fan I have not seen him mentioned in the previous 2 schools cup finals with Methody? I assume he is a young fifth former coming through the ranks??
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

big mervyn wrote:
clivemcl wrote:I believe the strip is changing colours. I was told, but can't for the life of me remember the colours. Navy and Green perhaps?

Only people who know Clive personally get to interact with him!
Beattiespastie
Squire

Post by Beattiespastie »

Lyttle is young lad who came across from RBAI this year into Upper 6th in Methody. I was aware of him two years ago as I saw him as a 5 th former playing for RBAI. 2nd XV in the 2nd XV cup final against MCB. RBAI lost a close game that day but Robert was a standout player. He's bulked up since then and he has great balance and pace and looks a good prospect.
Ocean87
Novice

Post by Ocean87 »

Beattiespastie wrote:Lyttle is young lad who came across from RBAI this year into Upper 6th in Methody. I was aware of him two years ago as I saw him as a 5 th former playing for RBAI. 2nd XV in the 2nd XV cup final against MCB. RBAI lost a close game that day but Robert was a standout player. He's bulked up since then and he has great balance and pace and looks a good prospect.
Thanks for the info. I assume you are a teacher at Methody then?? Best wishes for tomorrow!

lw7
Novice

Post by lw7 »

big mervyn wrote:

The Belvedere 27 Clongowes 26 Leinster Schools semi on Setanta yesterday was one of the most compelling schools matches I've seen this year.
Beattiespastie
Squire

Post by Beattiespastie »

Nope..not a teacher:-) Wallace are an excellent side who play great attacking rugby. I caught a few games at the start of the season and Methodys form was patchy at best.! I missed a couple of months due to work commitments but watched the Ballymena and Campbell games and it was vast improvement.. Nick Wells seems to time his teams form so well so if Wallace progress tommorrow it will be a hard fought victory.Regardless of the finalists I will be at Ravers on St Patrick's day ad it is a great advertisement for rugby in Ulster:-)
Alister Scott
Steward

Post by Alister Scott »

Beattiespastie wrote:Regardless of the finalists I will be at Ravers on St Patrick's day ad it is a great advertisement for rugby in Ulster:-)
Yep ...... An opportunity to see the McCoooomishes of the future. >EW
clivemcl
Novice

Post by clivemcl »

Recently discovered the 'add foe' option on here. Halelujah. Some great contributors on here and i do enjoy it mostly, but some were being quite unbearable (for me). I'd highly recommend if you find yourself in the same boat!

P.S. Rumncoke, the CAI (Coleraine Grammar) blazer is not going to change much actually - I think they are in fact adding - yes ADDING - another green stripe to the navy red white already there!