Marshall and Wilson cited

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

austintranslation
Novice

Re: Marshall and Wilson cited

Post by austintranslation »

when do we hear the damage to Roger? I need put out of my misery.
Alister Scott
Steward

Post by Alister Scott »

Snipe Watson wrote:He left a trailing leg that hit an opponent in the head. What did you all expect? The slow motion is the killer in situations like this. At full speed it would look relatively innocuous, but slow it down and it's incriminating. Luke above all people should have been alert to this.
I hate to say it, but you are correct. if Luke was going to leave a trailing leg and face the possibility of a long suspension, he should at least have made sure it was someone else's leg he left trailing. >EW
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

austintranslation wrote:I need put out of my misery.
You're mixing yourself up with Austin Healey
Alister Scott
Steward

Post by Alister Scott »

austintranslation wrote:when do we hear the damage to Roger? I need put out of my misery.
Roger's sentence will be carried out at dawn tomorrow morning.

If you want to be put out of your misery, you could offer yourself as practice for the firing squad this afternoon.
Alister Scott
Steward

Post by Alister Scott »

Snipe Watson wrote:
austintranslation wrote:I need put out of my misery.
You're mixing yourself up with Austin Healey
nah - Austin Healey needs put out of OUR misery!
Andy_in_France
Novice

Post by Andy_in_France »

How long did the Toulon 2nd row get for kick on Olding?
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Jesus wept.

Thought he would get banned but 5 weeks is excessive
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Alister Scott wrote:
austintranslation wrote:when do we hear the damage to Roger? I need put out of my misery.

If you want to be put out of your misery, you could offer yourself as practice for the firing squad this afternoon.
Mine is funnier......

Just to save some time.
Alister Scott wrote.....
Your what is funnier?
ScarletsMun
Novice

Post by ScarletsMun »

Disciplinary Update – Roger Wilson
For immediate release: Thursday 5 March 2015
Issued on behalf of GUINNESS PRO12 Rugby

Roger Wilson, the Ulster no.8, appeared today before an independent PRO12 Rugby Disciplinary Committee, following a citing for an alleged punch / strike to the head of an opponent during the second half of the Guinness PRO12 match between Ulster and Scarlets on Friday 27 February 2015.

The Disciplinary Committee, chaired by Pamela Woodman, sitting with Bill Dunlop and Roddy Dunlop (all Scotland), having listened to representations by and on behalf of the player, and viewed TV footage of the incident, found that Roger Wilson had committed an act of foul play which would have warranted a red card and considered it to be at the top-range of World Rugby's sanctions for this type of offence, which carries an entry-point of 12 weeks.

The Committee found that there were no aggravating factors, and after taking into account various mitigating factors including the player's unblemished playing record, the Committee imposed a twelve week suspension. The player is suspended from playing until midnight on Sunday 31 May 2015, taking into account one "down” week and has the right of appeal.

Law 10.4(c) Punching / Striking an opponent.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

In slomo things looks worse because as you watch it you are thinking in real time and applying a real time assessment to a slowed down incident. In real time the thought processes happen quite quickly but there is a process that happens so when you slow it down you might perceive there is time for premeditation, when watching slow motion, when there might not be in real time.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
austintranslation
Novice

Post by austintranslation »

ScarletsMun wrote:
Disciplinary Update – Roger Wilson
For immediate release: Thursday 5 March 2015
Issued on behalf of GUINNESS PRO12 Rugby

Roger Wilson, the Ulster no.8, appeared today before an independent PRO12 Rugby Disciplinary Committee, following a citing for an alleged punch / strike to the head of an opponent during the second half of the Guinness PRO12 match between Ulster and Scarlets on Friday 27 February 2015.

The Disciplinary Committee, chaired by Pamela Woodman, sitting with Bill Dunlop and Roddy Dunlop (all Scotland), having listened to representations by and on behalf of the player, and viewed TV footage of the incident, found that Roger Wilson had committed an act of foul play which would have warranted a red card and considered it to be at the top-range of World Rugby's sanctions for this type of offence, which carries an entry-point of 12 weeks.

The Committee found that there were no aggravating factors, and after taking into account various mitigating factors including the player's unblemished playing record, the Committee imposed a twelve week suspension. The player is suspended from playing until midnight on Sunday 31 May 2015, taking into account one "down” week and has the right of appeal.

Law 10.4(c) Punching / Striking an opponent.
Think this has been copied and pasted, but with our track record, I really would not be surprised if it was true.
ScarletsMun
Novice

Post by ScarletsMun »

austintranslation wrote:
Think this has been copied and pasted, but with our track record, I really would not be surprised if it was true.
Sorry. I couldn't resist.

:lol:
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

We deserve everything we get, we are thugs.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Alister Scott
Steward

Post by Alister Scott »

Snipe Watson wrote:
Alister Scott wrote:

Mine is funnier......

Just to save some time.
Alister Scott wrote.....
Your what is funnier?
Don't be silly ..... and don't poke fun at our guest Scarletsmun ....... Maggie closed all the mines.

Come to think of it, that WAS funnier! :duck:
Alister Scott
Steward

Post by Alister Scott »

ScarletsMun wrote:
austintranslation wrote:
Sorry. I couldn't resist.

:lol:
except he got the year wrong in the "suspended to" bit.