Schools Cup 2015

ny and all to do with skules

Moderator: Moderators

BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Schools Cup 2015

Post by BR »

MCB peno last minute ....
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

Miss - FT WHS 12 MCB 10
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
LegsLikeSausages
Warrior Chief

Post by LegsLikeSausages »

BR wrote:Miss - FT WHS 12 MCB 10
Who was MCB's goal kicker?
nclcol
Novice

Post by nclcol »

Lyttle missed the kick 45 metres out on the last play, should be a great final between Wallace and Inst.
Beattiespastie
Squire

Post by Beattiespastie »

Congratulations Wallace on a great victory and good luck in the final. MCB lads can hold their heads high. Well done all round.:-)
Moiraman
Novice

Post by Moiraman »

Methody dominated territory and possession in the second half but Wallace took the one clear chance that came their way. The door is now open for them to create some history and win the Schools Cup for the first time.
Tazz #15
Initiate

Post by Tazz #15 »

Beattiespastie wrote:Congratulations Wallace on a great victory and good luck in the final. MCB lads can hold their heads high. Well done all round.:-)
2nd that, a great game of rugby played out by two very talented sides. Fair play and congratulations to Wallace, as a non-Belfast school alumni, it's great to see 'the rest' represented in the final. Thought they had blown it with at least 2/3 clear chances in the first half going astray, but weathered the Methody storm well in the second half and scored a cracking winning try. Special mention to the Wallace fullback who pulled off an absolute cracker of a try saver right at the cornerflag to keep them in it.
breakdown
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by breakdown »

The ref was horrendous, one of the worst performances from a ref ive seen at a schools game, until issues like the standard of reffing get sorted out, the likihood is we will still be stuck behind Leinster schools in terms of professionalism, who seem to be streets ahead of us
Chris Henry is superhuman... I think he's half cyborg
LegsLikeSausages
Warrior Chief

Post by LegsLikeSausages »

breakdown wrote:The ref was horrendous, one of the worst performances from a ref ive seen at a schools game, until issues like the standard of reffing get sorted out, the likihood is we will still be stuck behind Leinster schools in terms of professionalism, who seem to be streets ahead of us
Who was it?
breakdown
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by breakdown »

Couldnt tell you, didnt get a programme but he was horrendous. Missed multiple knock ons/forward passes/ruck infringments from both teams, didnt stop the play when players were down who then got subbed off, which isnt a necessity at pro level but I would have assumed there would have been a bit of leniancy at school levels
BuckRogers
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by BuckRogers »

breakdown wrote:The ref was horrendous, one of the worst performances from a ref ive seen at a schools game, until issues like the standard of reffing get sorted out, the likihood is we will still be stuck behind Leinster schools in terms of professionalism, who seem to be streets ahead of us
I was going to ask was one a member of the prestigious MCB alumni but given that verbal skittering I suspect you must still be at the school or possibly in the preparatory department?

Had the good fortune to get down to Ravenhill on Tuesday and today and saw two very enthralling games of rugby. Great commitment and no small dose of skill shown by all four sides, unfortunately somebody has to lose.

In relation to BD's point about Leinster, I suspect that the refereeing standards will have little impact in our ability to catch up with Leinster Schools Rugby.

What might, is our schools' level of conditioning. Having watched highlights of a Leinster schools semi-final the other day it is my opinion both Leinster sides would have physically hammered any four of the Ulster Schools Cup semi-finalists.

There were a couple of 'big lads' on all four sides but equally there were a few normal looking 16/17/18 year olds. The Leinster schools players look like fully formed adults in the main.

For the avoidance of doubt I am not condoning turning them all into gym monkeys but it would explain some of the difference IMO. There were some very talented players on show but they were smaller. If they go into the Academy it'll take them to 20/21 to catch the Leinster chaps IMO.
Tazz #15
Initiate

Post by Tazz #15 »

Call it what you will, but one thing he was was straight down the middle, and didn't have a negative impact on the result. I personally thought he was fine, Stuart is one of the top refs in the province and I have seen much, much worse referees around the place.
austintranslation
Novice

Post by austintranslation »

Moiraman wrote:Methody dominated territory and possession in the second half but Wallace took the one clear chance that came their way. The door is now open for them to create some history and win the Schools Cup for the first time.
A complete reverse of what happened between the sides in the Med Shield Final 2012.
austintranslation
Novice

Post by austintranslation »

Delighted for Wallace. Could happen to a better bunch of guys, go well in the final and we hope that this isn't the last of what we hear about you.
breakdown
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by breakdown »

BuckRogers wrote:
I was going to ask was one a member of the prestigious MCB alumni but given that verbal skittering I suspect you must still be at the school or possibly in the preparatory department?

Had the good fortune to get down to Ravenhill on Tuesday and today and saw two very enthralling games of rugby. Great commitment and no small dose of skill shown by all four sides, unfortunately somebody has to lose.

In relation to BD's point about Leinster, I suspect that the refereeing standards will have little impact in our ability to catch up with Leinster Schools Rugby.

What might, is our schools' level of conditioning. Having watched highlights of a Leinster schools semi-final the other day it is my opinion both Leinster sides would have physically hammered any four of the Ulster Schools Cup semi-finalists.

There were a couple of 'big lads' on all four sides but equally there were a few normal looking 16/17/18 year olds. The Leinster schools players look like fully formed adults in the main.

For the avoidance of doubt I am not condoning turning them all into gym monkeys but it would explain some of the difference IMO. There were some very talented players on show but they were smaller. If they go into the Academy it'll take them to 20/21 to catch the Leinster chaps IMO.
Of course better reffing will increase professionalism within the ulster schools competition, without putting it all down to that, but it would help narrow the gap