I'm out

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: I'm out

Post by Snipe Watson »

That is your right. I disagree, but it's your money.
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

Snipe Watson wrote:
Wee Woman wrote:
scrum5 wrote:According to UR, 15% of existing ST holders have so far renewed, I will probably renew 2 of my 4 ST's as my wife and daughter are more disillusioned than I am....
15% at this stage is hardly a ringing endorsement, I wonder how many they'd shifted after 2 weeks last year Image
Wait until the new signings are announced WW. The Ulster rugby loving public will be storming the gates to get their hands on season tickets.
Snipe... I thought you had heard who might be coming. I just hope the rumours being circulated on the QT are not designed to push ST sales.
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
nonplussed
Warrior Chief

Post by nonplussed »

It's not about the money, it's about me deciding I no longer wish to invest my time there. It's sad, but ultimately it's only sport

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Cockatrice wrote:
Snipe Watson wrote:
Wee Woman wrote:
scrum5 wrote:According to UR, 15% of existing ST holders have so far renewed, I will probably renew 2 of my 4 ST's as my wife and daughter are more disillusioned than I am....
15% at this stage is hardly a ringing endorsement, I wonder how many they'd shifted after 2 weeks last year Image
Wait until the new signings are announced WW. The Ulster rugby loving public will be storming the gates to get their hands on season tickets.
Snipe... I thought you had heard who might be coming. I just hope the rumours being circulated on the QT are not designed to push ST sales.
No I haven't heard who's coming Cockers. What have you heard?
solidarity
Chancellor to the King

Post by solidarity »

nonplussed wrote:It's not about the money, it's about me deciding I no longer wish to invest my time there. It's sad, but ultimately it's only sport

You are right, Non, it is only sport and, by definition, sport is meaningless. But music is only sounds and flags are only designs on bits of cloth - also meaningless. We choose to give meaning to these things. Funny old Province we live in.
Bopeep
Novice

Post by Bopeep »

It's all about the money money
nonplussed
Warrior Chief

Post by nonplussed »

I've just been informed that 4 out if the 5 of us that normally go to games together aren't renewing, sad times. But hey who needs auld bores like us.

againstthehead
Lord Chancellor

Post by againstthehead »

Being a fan is about sticking it out through thick and thin laddie. We've had a couple of super seasons recently albeit with some massive lows come the business end. At around 200 notes I thought a season ticket on the terraces was pretty good value and Friday nights are a great way to finish a tough week at work but of course everyone has different priorities. I preferred to go to the games than have sky tv for example.
Climb up onto the top of your house and start screaming: 'stand up for the Ulstermen, stand.......'
nonplussed
Warrior Chief

Post by nonplussed »

I mustn't be a fan then. Hey ho.

Deraless
Lord Chancellor

Post by Deraless »

Maybe this is a bit nieve, and certainly I hate all the recent UR flannel, but I still enjoy friday nights. Even when the rugby stinks it's still about having a shout and a gurn and a bit of banter.
I can see if anyone has lost that how it might not be much fun, but you still might have to put a bit of effort in sometimes?
Never wrestle with a pig. You end up covered in muck and the pig loves it.
nonplussed
Warrior Chief

I'm out

Post by nonplussed »

Effort can only go for so long, as I said before I may still go to the occasional game but my calendar will no longer have every game etched in it. Life's to short to partake in something you no longer enjoy

My need for a rugby fix is more satisfied by coaching kids an involvement at my local club

BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

I get the impression it is not the lack of success that is turning people off; but the lack of application combined with the increasingly sterile atmosphere at the game.
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
scrum5
Lord Chancellor

Post by scrum5 »

BR wrote:I get the impression it is not the lack of success that is turning people off; but the lack of application combined with the increasingly sterile atmosphere at the game.
>appl >appl >appl we've been gash in the past but then expectation was low and we were underfunded, having to do with garbage signings, now we've high expectations, loads of money supposedly and still making do with garbage signings, will renew but i'll hold off till the last minute but like many for the first time I'm not enjoying the whole experience though if the on field offerings were as good as Leicester at home I would put up with the off field rubbish.
In memory of Nevin Spence 1990- 15th Sept. 2012
Axel..... 30 October 1973 - 16 October 2016
Pedrie Wannenburg. 2 January 1981 - 22 April 2022.
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

On the up-side, and I know one swally does not a summer make, the stout may have improved.
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

nonplussed wrote:It's not about the money, it's about me deciding I no longer wish to invest my time there. It's sad, but ultimately it's only sport
There is more to life????????????? I'm a pretty dull bloke :oops: , there is little outside my own house that I regard more important than ragby. >EW
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.