Ulster v Cardiff

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

CIMANFOREVER
Lord Chancellor

Re: Ulster v Cardiff

Post by CIMANFOREVER »

Kofi Annan wrote:
thecrouch wrote:I hope at the end of this season that all options are evaluated for getting rid of Nick Williams. A total waste of a shirt.

Williams has been cited is 10.4 (a) - punching/striking, which states that a player must not strike an opponent with the fist or arm, including the elbow, shoulder, head or knee. :roll:

At least 10 weeks
Rarely I would say this, but I hope so. Where we were on terrace, most of us thought he deserved red. I don't mind a bit of Biff in our players, but Patchell was essentially defenceless.
Exterminate all rational thought
stu
Novice

Post by stu »

Russ wrote:
Deraless wrote:Patchell was discharged and away home acc to news
Hope he stocked up on free prescriptions as the SNP have stopped those over here
no need to be concerned, the SNPs influence hasn't spread to Wales... Yet. Patchell can still get free prescriptions here.
stu
Novice

Post by stu »

BaggyTrousers wrote:Might be out of his control, looks like the same knee blown out, no idea if the same repair can be done again successfully. Such a talent being wrecked by injury after injury.
Had the ACL in my left knee replaced twice, second time more successful than first. First graft from left hamstring, second from right.

Every case different obviously, but hopefully suggestions that Olding's injury may be career ending are premature.
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

For those who like me know little about knee anatomy and nothing about knee surgery have a look at these:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q96M0jRqn7k
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4GtLltu1Seg
According to this surgeon, using patella tendon grafts rather than hamstring grafts is a quicker heal. Revision surgery like in Stuart's situation is easier if screws have not been used.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Snipe Watson wrote:For those who like me know little about knee anatomy and nothing about knee surgery have a look at these:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q96M0jRqn7k
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4GtLltu1Seg
According to this surgeon, using patella tendon grafts rather than hamstring grafts is a quicker heal. Revision surgery like in Stuart's situation is easier if screws have not been used.
Stu will be having hamstring grafts I believe. Could be wrong ............but it's hardly likely really. :lol: :lol: :lol:
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

stu wrote:
BaggyTrousers wrote:Might be out of his control, looks like the same knee blown out, no idea if the same repair can be done again successfully. Such a talent being wrecked by injury after injury.
Had the ACL in my left knee replaced twice, second time more successful than first. First graft from left hamstring, second from right.

Every case different obviously, but hopefully suggestions that Olding's injury may be career ending are premature.
Don't think anyone is more than just very worried about his future, it appears to be very serious hence concerns for his career

Sincerely hope your experience works for him Stu, I am just very worried and either way it is likely to be a very long rehab, crying shame for anyone, for someone as talented and clearly destined for greater things it's a bloody nightmare. I would put it on a scale of when Colin Patterson had to pack it in early, I reckon Stu Olding is on a similar talent level.

I've been told we are unlikely to see him within the next 12 months, I just hope he gets fixed properly, apparently he is in the hands on a genius, how appropriate. :D
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

BaggyTrousers wrote:
stu wrote:

Don't think anyone is more than just very worried about his future, it appears to be very serious hence concerns for his career

Sincerely hope your experience works for him Stu, I am just very worried and either way it is likely to be a very long rehab, crying shame for anyone, for someone as talented and clearly destined for greater things it's a bloody nightmare. I would put it on a scale of when Colin Patterson had to pack it in early, I reckon Stu Olding is on a similar talent level.

I've been told we are unlikely to see him within the next 12 months, I just hope he gets fixed properly, apparently he is in the hands on a genius, how appropriate. :D
Yes Baggy there are three of us in Norn Iron.
Obviously the main thing is that Stuart's knee can be repaired to give him back the stability he needs for everyday life. After that a return to rugby would be a bonus.
Wee Woman
Lord Chancellor

Post by Wee Woman »

Kofi Annan wrote:
thecrouch wrote:I hope at the end of this season that all options are evaluated for getting rid of Nick Williams. A total waste of a shirt.

Williams has been cited is 10.4 (a) - punching/striking, which states that a player must not strike an opponent with the fist or arm, including the elbow, shoulder, head or knee. :roll:

At least 10 weeks
Yep def season over.

He'll have plenty of time to organise his wedding now.
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

UR could always suspend him beyond what P12 do.
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

BR wrote:UR could always suspend him beyond what P12 do.
15 months without pay could work. I like Fat Nick.
Deraless
Lord Chancellor

Post by Deraless »

Should be no bother, he has to be on some sort of warning after his previous great escape back to NZ
Never wrestle with a pig. You end up covered in muck and the pig loves it.
Amiga500
Warrior Chief

Post by Amiga500 »

Wee Woman wrote:
Kofi Annan wrote:

At least 10 weeks
Yep def season over.

After that (and his numerous other "feck, he got away with that one"), I'd be happy if he never played for Ulster again.

There is a difference between being hard, and being a cowardly thug.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Amiga500 wrote:
Wee Woman wrote:
Kofi Annan wrote:

At least 10 weeks
Yep def season over.

After that (and his numerous other "feck, he got away with that one"), I'd be happy if he never played for Ulster again.

There is a difference between being hard, and being a cowardly thug.
OK, lets imagine that any player is capable of loosing control and taking a cheapshot. Now had Hendo done what Fat Nick did, how many would be saying "I hope he never plays for Ulster again"? Damn few I'd say.

We need not allow the fact that almost to a man & woman we would be glad to see NIck offski rather than wasting an NIQ spot to cloud better judgment.

I like Fat NIck, pretty nice guy for a Kiwi, though Poor Rhys Patchell may demur from that sentiment.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

I'm sure esportif could get him a sizeable pay packet down in Japan.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Amiga500
Warrior Chief

Post by Amiga500 »

BaggyTrousers wrote:OK, lets imagine that any player is capable of loosing control and taking a cheapshot. Now had Hendo done what Fat Nick did, how many would be saying "I hope he never plays for Ulster again"? Damn few I'd say.
All fine and well Baggy...

But, when is the last game you don't remember at least one "feck sake nick, wise up!" moment?