Soccer ball at Ravespan?

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Ulsterfan25
Novice

Soccer ball at Ravespan?

Post by Ulsterfan25 »

Looks like the Kop is wrecked. Lots of chatter on Twitter about Ravenhill hosting the match against Romania in June. Is this likely?
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Soccer ball at Ravespan?

Post by Russ »

Hopefully
Ulsterfan25
Novice

Post by Ulsterfan25 »

Russ wrote:Hopefully
Agreed Russ, although I think the law surrounding football requires that all fans must be seated for the match. The terraces would therefore be redundant I think.
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

O'Neill certainly mentioned it as a possibility after a reduced capacity Windsor.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Deraless
Lord Chancellor

Post by Deraless »

Ban foreign sports
Never wrestle with a pig. You end up covered in muck and the pig loves it.
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

Ulsterfan25 wrote:
Agreed Russ, although I think the law surrounding football requires that all fans must be seated for the match. The terraces would therefore be redundant I think.
There might be an imaginative approach to getting some temporary seating on the terrace and I suspect Kingspan might appreciate the additional TV coverage .. was football ever played at Ravenhill before rugby?
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Ulsterfan25 wrote:
Would have thought the Wendyballist wouldn't have enough fans to fill the seating at Spanners anyway. What do they get? 5 or 6 thousand?

No problem with them using Spanners, just do what the GAA did for the IRFU, make them welcome, charge them through the nose. :thumleft:
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Ulsterfan25
Novice

Post by Ulsterfan25 »

BaggyTrousers wrote:
Ulsterfan25 wrote:
Would have thought the Wendyballist wouldn't have enough fans to fill the seating at Spanners anyway. What do they get? 5 or 6 thousand?

No problem with them using Spanners, just do what the GAA did for the IRFU, make them welcome, charge them through the nose. :thumleft:

That match will attract upwards of 10,000 without a problem.
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Cockatrice wrote:
Ulsterfan25 wrote:
There might be an imaginative approach to getting some temporary seating on the terrace and I suspect Kingspan might appreciate the additional TV coverage .. was football ever played at Ravenhill before rugby?
They played ice hockey in December 1873, and the first F1 race was held on the Ravenhill race course in 1856, they were playing soccer at least 50 years earlier
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
10 or 15 only
Initiate

Post by 10 or 15 only »

Encyclopedic knowledge, Rooster.

Who needs da Googliser!!
Deraless
Lord Chancellor

Post by Deraless »

Meat Loaf kicked a ball about during the soundcheck for his gig there.

Him, the guitarist and drummer had a wee game of shooty-in with jumpers for posts.
Never wrestle with a pig. You end up covered in muck and the pig loves it.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Rumour has it the Nuremburg rallies were held at Ravenhill
solidarity
Chancellor to the King

Post by solidarity »

Happy to welcome the GAWA with open arms. Might be worth listening to how a football crowd really gets into the match. They make a lot more noise than rugby supporters and have a much bigger repertoire of songs and chants! There's something visceral about it.
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

Rooster wrote: They played ice hockey in December 1873, and the first F1 race was held on the Ravenhill race course in 1856, they were playing soccer at least 50 years earlier
Until wee Sammy from the Craigie Estate picked up the ball an' ran aff wi it :thumleft:
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

solidarity wrote:Happy to welcome the GAWA with open arms. Might be worth listening to how a football crowd really gets into the match. They make a lot more noise than rugby supporters and have a much bigger repertoire of songs and chants! There's something visceral about it.
Any explanation of why dambusters is sung?

If it's for non silly reasons it could be easy to bring across