CHARLIE Boy - "Wish you were here !! "

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: WELCOME to ULSTER CHARLIE Boy

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Big test of character for Chas., they appear to want to lynch him in NZ. Hopefully it is next week's chip paper & isn't a sustained undermining of the guy, that would be tough to take at his age.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
ruckover
Lord Chancellor

Post by ruckover »

As much as I'm not overly fond of us waving a bunch of money in his face and saying come to Ulster, if he comes here and does a job for us without going home every other weekend then I'm not concerned.
You haven't seen me at my best yet. Let's be honest, you probably never will.
breakdown
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by breakdown »

ruckover wrote:As much as I'm not overly fond of us waving a bunch of money in his face and saying come to Ulster, if he comes here and does a job for us without going home every other weekend then I'm not concerned.
I would agree but in all honesty, if we want to seriously compete with the French and to an extent the English that is just what we're going to have to do unfortunately
Chris Henry is superhuman... I think he's half cyborg
breakdown
Red Hand Ambassador

Re: CHARLIE Boy

Post by breakdown »

bazzaj wrote:
Dave wrote:A lot of unhappy AB fans. Although is it 1st April in nz?
Thats the key for me that they and Hansen have publically stated they are unhappy.
No such chat when we signed other kiwis so if anyone needs proof that this guy is a gem that is it.
To land a player of that quality with his potential still unfulfilled shows our intent.
Well done UR.
Stuff the need for backrow or whatever, you get the chance to sign that class you sign them and the others will follow.

However as we have seen with our recent kiwi signings I hope he turns up in one piece.
Didn't even know you could sign a player that far in advance and between that and our coaching staff it would be nice to sign someone for a change who could be imminently available.
Interestingly though Hansen claims that he knew nothing of the deal and that Piutau screwed them over however Puitau claims he spoke to the ABs assistant, so surely Hansen would have had some knowledge of Charles' decision?

Either way it seems as though he's effectively ended his ABs career, which is a huge decision for someone that could have been a 100+ cap player
Chris Henry is superhuman... I think he's half cyborg
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Rugby careers are precariously short and he is wisely cashing in on his ability while he can. Additional All Blacks caps will not pay his mortgage or provide a pension.
lw7
Novice

Post by lw7 »

Cockatrice wrote:
mea97mb wrote:Charles starting at 15 for the Blues on Saturday morning 7.35am versus the Chiefs.
all Ulster will be watching….

Blues have had more games on the red button this year so only seen some of their play. Frustrating to have so much individual talent in the forwards and outside backs and play well in open spaces for periods then defend poorly in patches.
Some Harlem globetrooters up front but bit saft and not enough dog. Luatua & Kaino combo case in point.
Difficult to perform consistently when you're Inside backs 9,10,12 not up to test standard.
Backs to the wall ..
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

ruckover wrote:As much as I'm not overly fond of us waving a bunch of money in his face and saying come to Ulster, if he comes here and does a job for us without going home every other weekend then I'm not concerned.

Don't get your point Ruckie, we have been gurning about the quality of signings, now we pay what is market rate for a bona fide top class player. That is not really waving a bunch of money, it's the market rate to tempt a quality player away from a very bright All Black future.

If we paid that amount for Liam Williams, that would be waving stupid money about. >EW
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Kofi Annan
Lord Chancellor

Post by Kofi Annan »

Snipe Watson wrote:Rugby careers are precariously short and he is wisely cashing in on his ability while he can. Additional All Blacks caps will not pay his mortgage or provide a pension.
The all blacks don't get paid, well feck me, we should get more of them :duck:
“For the liespotter who knows how to listen well, the random words, sounds, and phrases in a person's speech are never as random as they seem. They offer a clear sightline into the liar's psyche.”
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Kofi Annan wrote:
Snipe Watson wrote:Rugby careers are precariously short and he is wisely cashing in on his ability while he can. Additional All Blacks caps will not pay his mortgage or provide a pension.
The all blacks don't get paid, well feck me, we should get more of them :duck:
Not a dime.
Beattiespastie
Squire

Post by Beattiespastie »

Watching the Blues game now... Our new boy looks a great signing. The game currently sitting 10 v10 and the Chiefs proving a real handful.
EastTerraceUR
Novice

WELCOME to ULSTER CHARLIE Boy

Post by EastTerraceUR »

Beattiespastie wrote:Watching the Blues game now... Our new boy looks a great signing. The game currently sitting 10 v10 and the Chiefs proving a real handful.
Charles was fairly quiet in the game, couldn't quite get into the game although at times showed glimpses that he has great skill (bar blowing a 3 man overlap) he has shown that he will prove to be a great signing, looks to have a great left boot Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
cardoc
Novice

Post by cardoc »

EastTerraceUR wrote:
Beattiespastie wrote:Watching the Blues game now... Our new boy looks a great signing. The game currently sitting 10 v10 and the Chiefs proving a real handful.
Charles was fairly quiet in the game, couldn't quite get into the game although at times showed glimpses that he has great skill (bar blowing a 3 man overlap) he has shown that he will prove to be a great signing, looks to have a great left boot Image

Kicks with the left foot then some supporters may not like that >EW
EastTerraceUR
Novice

Post by EastTerraceUR »

cardoc wrote:
EastTerraceUR wrote:

Kicks are good if they are accurate kicks, iHumph now that's kick we do not want to see

Alister Scott
Steward

Post by Alister Scott »

EastTerraceUR wrote: Kicks are good if they are accurate kicks, iHumph now that's kick we do not want to see
Aye - that cross-field kick to Ludik in our last match was rubbish right enough! Ludik nearly dropped it before scoring that try because the ball was spinning slightly wrong as it went straight into his arms. iHump out! :roll:

And as for thon missed kick that cost us the match at Thomond ........ (the fact that it was iHump's performance that dragged is back into a game that should have gone away from us is conveniently forgotten)
Last edited by Alister Scott on Sat Apr 04, 2015 10:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
scrum5
Lord Chancellor

Post by scrum5 »

EastTerraceUR wrote:
cardoc wrote:
EastTerraceUR wrote:

Kicks are good if they are accurate kicks, iHumph now that's kick we do not want to see

Credit where credit is due, he kicked well for Ludik's 2nd try against Cardiff
In memory of Nevin Spence 1990- 15th Sept. 2012
Axel..... 30 October 1973 - 16 October 2016
Pedrie Wannenburg. 2 January 1981 - 22 April 2022.