More signatures ... Browne and Rowley

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

mikerob
Lord Chancellor

Re: More signatures ... Browne and Rowley

Post by mikerob »

Browne's da seems happy anyway... he tweeted that there was a family link as he captained Ulster schools in 1977!
clivemcl
Novice

Post by clivemcl »

Knew your man Browne sounded and looked familiar. Wasn't sure where I saw his name and investigated...

The42.ie seem to be well up on the IQs around the place - this from January this year. Did Bryn just read this article and then go hunting??

http://www.the42.ie/irish-exiles-premie ... 1-Jan2015/

And a long gone poster called CJP actually mentioned him on this forum back in 2010.
Peter Browne has moved from Newcastle to Harlequins.

Leinster were very interested in him as he is Irish qualified through his father, worth keeping an eye on due to a shortage of 'big' second rows coming through.
Colin0395
Novice

Post by Colin0395 »

mikerob wrote:Browne's da seems happy anyway... he tweeted that there was a family link as he captained Ulster schools in 1977!
Won't be long til Gusher is wheeling this line out in his commentary...
breakdown
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by breakdown »

According to twatter Browne is first for turnovers won (10) and second in the tackles made list (122) for Welsh this season so statistically he doesnt seem that bad a signing, obviously I know stats arent everything though
Chris Henry is superhuman... I think he's half cyborg
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

thecrouch wrote:Personally I'd have given Peter Stringer a phonecall and offered him the chance of a swansong back on these shores.
Do you know if we didn't? >EW
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Squad players may I remind the class that it is World Cup year, we have a small squad, we need to grow it and we haven;t any NIQ places despite all the bullshit about new dispensations and a flotilla of new bakes signing for next season.

Strange how all that shyte has vanished like snow of a ditch. Anybody waiting for a big signing, think 2016 ..........then all your wishes may come true. :thumleft:

I'm going t take a punt that the 9 has to be in our top 3 nines instantly. Young Conor is but a child, hopefully a good'un, but a wee lad never the less. He wouldn't be the first good lad ruined by Ulster.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Bangors
Novice

Post by Bangors »

Two signings who appear to have some experience playing at a reasonable standard (i.e. English Premiership/Championship)and who will cover positions where we lack SID
Also bearing in mind the personnel who will be on World Cup duty for the first 3 months of next season and the constraints imposed on recruitment by D4 I am inclined to think that they will do a job for us until our BIG GUNS return after helping Joe to win the World Cup
Lets give them a chance to prove themselves
LegsLikeSausages
Warrior Chief

Post by LegsLikeSausages »

Colin0395 wrote:
mikerob wrote:Browne's da seems happy anyway... he tweeted that there was a family link as he captained Ulster schools in 1977!
Davy Irwin played for Ulster Schools in 1977. Manna from heaven for Gusher.
mikerob
Lord Chancellor

Post by mikerob »

LegsLikeSausages wrote:
Colin0395 wrote:
Davy Irwin played for Ulster Schools in 1977. Manna from heaven for Gusher.
Gusher won't be content until he knows the school AND position...
Bogbunny
Initiate

Post by Bogbunny »

BaggyTrousers wrote:
thecrouch wrote:Personally I'd have given Peter Stringer a phonecall and offered him the chance of a swansong back on these shores.
Do you know if we didn't? >EW
I heard that Leinster have signed him on a shortie >EW as RWC cover.
Respect

A cavalier among pork swordsmen.
Nightsoil
Warrior

Post by Nightsoil »

If Browne can be better than McComb and Rowley can be better than Heaney, than I'll welcome both with open arms.
Deraless
Lord Chancellor

Post by Deraless »

Brynn is talking up Browne as a lock/6.
Is Rum really Brynn?
Never wrestle with a pig. You end up covered in muck and the pig loves it.
Eugene Wrayburn
Novice

Post by Eugene Wrayburn »

thecrouch wrote:In fairness our hands are probably tied at 9 a bit. We already have 1 NIQ 9 so any new signings will have to be IQ. I'm not aware of too many decent Irish 9s.
There's Stringer as people have said and there was a lad Harte who was playing at Grenoble who is dual french and IQ. he's been supplanted by some Saffer, so might be lookign a proper opportunity back home.
LegsLikeSausages
Warrior Chief

Post by LegsLikeSausages »

Eugene Wrayburn wrote:
thecrouch wrote:In fairness our hands are probably tied at 9 a bit. We already have 1 NIQ 9 so any new signings will have to be IQ. I'm not aware of too many decent Irish 9s.
There's Stringer as people have said and there was a lad Harte who was playing at Grenoble who is dual french and IQ. he's been supplanted by some Saffer, so might be lookign a proper opportunity back home.
Hart used to play for Clontarf. He probably has family in Dublin.
Nightsoil
Warrior

Post by Nightsoil »

Eugene Wrayburn wrote:
He signed a three year contract back in the autumn of 2013 so guessing he isn't available.