Who was your UlsterMOTM vs Connacht?

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Louis Ludik
2%
Tommy Bowe
No votes
Jared Payne
2%
Darren Cave
6%
Craig Gilroy
No votes
Paddy Jackson
11%
Ruan Pienaar
No votes
Callum Black
No votes
Rory Best
51%
Wiehahn Herbst
No votes
Dan Tuohy
No votes
Franco van der Merwe
2%
Iain Henderson
21%
Chris Henry
No votes
Roger Wilson
2%
Rob Herring
No votes
Andrew Warwick
No votes
Bronson Ross
No votes
Robbie Diack
No votes
Clive Ross
4%
Paul Marshall
No votes
Ian Humphreys
No votes
Stuart McCloskey
No votes

Total votes: 53

fermain
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by fermain »

I didn't see it, so I have no idea...

Who was yer man of the match in the West?

:red:
:red: :red: :red: :red: :red: :red: :red:
Save lives, become an organ donor!!
kingofthehill
Red Hand Ambassador

Re: Who was your UlsterMOTM vs Connacht?

Post by kingofthehill »

Thought Hendo was excellent but would gave the MOM to Best.
The King is dead. Long live the King.
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

fermain wrote:I didn't see it, so I have no idea...

Who was yer man of the match in the West?

:red:
Sure, Barnes did see it, and he had no idea ...
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Mac
Chancellor to the King

Post by Mac »

:red: Rory....
Image Image
If You Have To Ask....You Don't Understand
Cornerfleg
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cornerfleg »

Hendo was a wrecking machine, Rory gets my vote...

But I agree that Francos contribution to the side is often overlooked and undervalued.
Always ask yourself, "What would Big Rodney do"... And every time the answer is... "Eat It"
scrum5
Lord Chancellor

Post by scrum5 »

easy choice this week Rory Best, big congrats to Pat Lam and his coaching set up.....
In memory of Nevin Spence 1990- 15th Sept. 2012
Axel..... 30 October 1973 - 16 October 2016
Pedrie Wannenburg. 2 January 1981 - 22 April 2022.
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

PJ played well, although he missed one pen to touch. It was a fairly solid performance all round although there were a few howlers that let Connacht back into it. Hendo was great at times as was Henry and Franco. Centres were solid and Ruan was his usual composed self. Rory was like a machine at the breakdown and the lineout went well so he gets my vote. Dan was quiet.
Cornerfleg
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cornerfleg »

I thought cave had a very solid game at 12...
Always ask yourself, "What would Big Rodney do"... And every time the answer is... "Eat It"
Nightsoil
Warrior

Post by Nightsoil »

I went with Jackson - I thought the big difference was we that bit more clinical than them, and I thought a huge amount of that was to do with him.

Best and Henderson were excellent though. A lot of good performances in general.
Setanta
Lord Chancellor

Post by Setanta »

Henderson without a doubt. VdeM and Best were also brill. Best performance this season. Hope they can emulate or even improve against our bogey team - Leinster. Glad Connacht got the LBP.
From the rolling glens of Antrim through the hills of Donegal we will stand and shout for Ulster as we win both scrum and maul from the lovely lakes of Fermanagh tae the shores of ould Lough Gall we will scream and shout for Ulster as we beat them one and all!
Hans Indaruck
Squire

Post by Hans Indaruck »

My vote goes to Rory - but with special mentions to Hendon, VDM , PJ and Ludo? In terms of the match overall serious credit must go to Henshaw, Healy and Muldoon. What a match!
Hope is not a strategy.
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Cornerfleg wrote:Hendo was a wrecking machine, Rory gets my vote...

But I agree that Francos contribution to the side is often overlooked and undervalued.
Franco is a grafter, the kind of solid totally reliable citizen that every team needs. Callum Black is another who just does his job effectively.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

I awarded it to R.Best before Barnes blundered. Rory was the by a very considerable margin the best player on the pitch.

Franco very good as usual but nowhere close to RB.

That does not mean others did not produce worthy efforts. For example, Darren Cave showed that not only is he the best 13 at Ulster, he is also the best 12 and, by a country mile, "the best centre at Ulster".

Payne played well, may have a future at 15, it should certainly be looked at, he may have aptitude for it.

Hendo was goodish, some very good moments, some bordering on outstanding, but overall, I'd have given him a "could do better".

Chad, of course I forgive for his bad missed tackle. As Snipe says, it will be a long time before that happens again, & 80 minutes will have been of great benefit to him before he shows SOB how 7 should be played.

Nice to see Tommy finishing, he hasn't been great this season in my opinion but if you want a man who scores tries that should be scored, nobody better than Tommy at doing it. Great finish too for Gilly, keeping him ahead of the deadly Mr Rhys Webb, last seasons top try scorer n the Pro12 & someone Rum'n thinks (see 6Ns thread) ordinary & without experience. >EW

Nice play by the halves, both looking sharper than recently.

All that said, fair dues to Connacht, I believe Pat Lam to be amongst the best coaches in the league, Auckland eh, & we got Anscombe. :roll: I admire what Connacht have done this season & what they have built over the last few seasons but struggling to see how they will get 6th place with their run in but wish them all the hairy chest. At least 7th would give them a shout against the crap English & French 7th place teams. G'wan.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

BaggyTrousers wrote: I believe Pat Lam to be amongst the best coaches in the league, Auckland eh, & we got Anscombe.
As we've seen recently, Pat Lam is nobody's yes man and would not have had a look in while Humph was bit-of-the-walk at Ravenhill. He wouldn't take tellin!

When Joe goes to the All Blacks and Les takes over for Ireland, can we book Pat now for our gig?
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

BaggyTrousers wrote:I awarded it to R.Best before Barnes blundered. Rory was the by a very considerable margin the best player on the pitch.

Franco very good as usual but nowhere close to RB.

That does not mean others did not produce worthy efforts. For example, Darren Cave showed that not only is he the best 13 at Ulster, he is also the best 12 and, by a country mile, "the best centre at Ulster".

Payne played well, may have a future at 15, it should certainly be looked at, he may have aptitude for it.

Hendo was goodish, some very good moments, some bordering on outstanding, but overall, I'd have given him a "could do better".

Chad, of course I forgive for his bad missed tackle. As Snipe says, it will be a long time before that happens again, & 80 minutes will have been of great benefit to him before he shows SOB how 7 should be played.

Nice to see Tommy finishing, he hasn't been great this season in my opinion but if you want a man who scores tries that should be scored, nobody better than Tommy at doing it. Great finish too for Gilly, keeping him ahead of the deadly Mr Rhys Webb, last seasons top try scorer n the Pro12 & someone Rum'n thinks (see 6Ns thread) ordinary & without experience. >EW

Nice play by the halves, both looking sharper than recently.

All that said, fair dues to Connacht, I believe Pat Lam to be amongst the best coaches in the league, Auckland eh, & we got Anscombe. :roll: I admire what Connacht have done this season & what they have built over the last few seasons but struggling to see how they will get 6th place with their run in but wish them all the hairy chest. At least 7th would give them a shout against the crap English & French 7th place teams. G'wan.
At least the Westies have Weegies and Hairsprays at home. With a fair wind off the Atlantic you never know. They've overcome bigger obstacles at the Sportsground. G'wan indeed!
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall