What position did you/do you play?

Questions for the players, the management, the UAFC, the URSC or other supporters... Someone might answer you!! (and pigs might fly)

Moderator: Moderators

Colin0395
Novice

Re: What position did you/do you play?

Post by Colin0395 »

Wing during my school days... Moved into back row at Uni, with one game in second row. Eventually moved out to the wing again as I was too small to play in the back row!
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Kofi Annan wrote:Some pretty shít players here
I think brad pitt is generous
222toHounslow
Warrior Chief

Post by 222toHounslow »

5/8th
NUCIFORA IS A BELLEND
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

222toHounslow wrote:5/8th
Did you prefer 2nd or back row?
222toHounslow
Warrior Chief

Post by 222toHounslow »

I see what you did there. Very good.
NUCIFORA IS A BELLEND
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

222toHounslow wrote:I see what you did there. Very good.
Well big merv did similar to myself
Mac
Chancellor to the King

Post by Mac »

B&M.png
B&M.png (36.92 KiB) Viewed 3900 times
10 types of player you played second or third team rugby with :cheers:
1. The Phantom - Arrives and kits up thirty seconds before kick-off, plays the full 80 and person in comfy shoes! just like that he's dressed and home within 30 seconds of the final whistle. The only thing he has said while not on the field is "alright?" when he walked in and "see ya, lads" as he ghosted out. Often plays full back.

2. Almost first team - On the fringes of the firsts and is a heady mix of drunk off at being here and fanatically determined to make the step up. Significantly fitter than everyone else and both shows and demands more than anyone else is willing to give after roughly 12 minutes of play. Non-training prop will tell him to shut it at some point.

3. Non-training prop - Been at the club 11 years and has never trained once, but he's a prop so is always guaranteed to play. In fact, he has to play even if he doesn't want to, such is the life of the non-training prop.

4. Not big enough flanker - All the ability in the world, beautiful breakdown body position, tenacious tackler but unfortunately weighs ten stone. Gets cleared out so hard by the opposition's non-training prop at second ruck that his body looks like a broken bike chain.

5. "Such a shame" - His performances on bygone youth tours are talked of in hushed and reverent tones by misty eyed men in the clubhouse and changing room, but (select one): he liked a drink a bit too much/didn't like to train/got a girl pregnant and that was that/lazy Ashton/never been the same since the knee went/attitude problem. Whichever you choose, it's always, "Such a shame". Will do a mesmerising, shimmying, almost balletic in its grace kick return before being tap tackled then either spewing up on the touchline or wandering slowly back with all the vim of a schoolboy on a museum trip.

6. Blooded youth teamer - 17 years old, putting his toe in the senior rugby water with his debut here. Ribbed mercilessly by the non-training prop about shaving, spots, being a virgin. Will be made to do a top-shelfer drink later and will end up in tears at some point.

7. Clubman Of The Year - Trains religiously every week, commitment of a jack russell digging for a bone, paints the stands, mows the pitches, full of energy and positivity even when you are 27 points behind, it's pissing it down and you've not been out of your own 22 for the entire half. You want to murder him.

8. The puncher - You know it's coming, he knows it's coming, the opposition know it's coming, the question is simply when will he unleash that right-hander in full view of the ref?

9. The Flake - "Was that Johnny on the text? What's his excuse this time? What? His hamster's eaten his gumshield?! feck's sake! Every bloody week! Paul, you're going to have to play second row. Well don't bloody moan at me, take it up with that flakey tosser, Johnny."

10. The vet's veteran - When you are 35 you qualify for the vets, many do a few years there and turn it in. Then there's the this man. He's still playing at 47, has had the same shorts since 1987, played in every single position on the field since he made his club debut sometime back in 1974 and simply will not pack it in.
http://www.bloodandmud.com/2015/04/10-t ... -with.html
Image Image
If You Have To Ask....You Don't Understand
clivemcl
Novice

Post by clivemcl »

Brilliant - Number 1 is actually 100% accurate of my playing career!
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

clivemcl wrote:Brilliant - Number 1 is actually 100% accurate of my playing career!
Back in time for the tv?
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

Never touched a ball in my life until a couple of years ago.

Was watching Bishop's Stortford on hospitality when one of the fourth team on the next pitch thought it would be a good idea to launch a Gary Owen into the assembled suits.

I happened to see it coming and leapt, unassisted, like a salmon, clasped it a yard above my head and calmly tossed it back.

Much easier to catch than a cricket ball.

My dad was a Preston Grasshopper so it must be in the blood.

Shame I didn't have a go back in the day but contact lense technology wasn't what it is now and much of my sixteen and a half stone girth has only been assembled fairly recently!