Iconic Art Comes to Kingspan (Well that's how it's billed)

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

scrum5
Lord Chancellor

Iconic Art Comes to Kingspan (Well that's how it's billed)

Post by scrum5 »

In memory of Nevin Spence 1990- 15th Sept. 2012
Axel..... 30 October 1973 - 16 October 2016
Pedrie Wannenburg. 2 January 1981 - 22 April 2022.
Alister Scott
Steward

Re: Iconic Art Comes to Kingspan (Well that's how it's bille

Post by Alister Scott »

16 "characters"? ....... No strength in depth.

Perfect for the Kingspan!
namron
Warrior Chief

Post by namron »

Could do with a lick of paint. That Corten rusty steel is used to the point of saturation those days. I appreciate the forms but not the execution
We dont need the English to win the European Cup
Deraless
Lord Chancellor

Post by Deraless »

40 grand. Would be better spent covering 15 minutes of Chuck's wages.
Never wrestle with a pig. You end up covered in muck and the pig loves it.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Someone should go round in a van (and) gogh put that somewhere else.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

To be known from this day forward as "The Fecking Tinnies".
TheTinnies.jpg
TheTinnies.jpg (161.84 KiB) Viewed 2758 times
TheTinnies1.jpg
TheTinnies1.jpg (174.57 KiB) Viewed 2758 times
I hate to be a naysayer but I'm not fond of this sort of ballix.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Wonder how long before either a DUPer fundamentalist mentalist or some weirdie beardie from Isis feels they are a blasphemous representation of the prophets ballix and attacks them with a sledgehammer, an acetylene torch or a wheen of semtex. :shock:
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
rocky
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by rocky »

Every major public (i.e. publicly funded) project must include an element relating to art. And like all art, I suspect people will love it or hate it (or not give a flying fox about it). It is what it is.
Bo***cks to Brexit
TheElephantMan
Steward

Post by TheElephantMan »

I like it looks well,might even get a photo of me posing with the Artwork..... :D
Yoda
Initiate

Post by Yoda »

money could have been spent far better on practically anything else

a coincidence that its tucked away in a part of a ground a majority of match night spectators won't see?
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Are these ironic pieces all located on the path up to the section of the ground frequented by our non-doms? Or are there some for the working man or woman to appreciate?
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Snipe Watson wrote:Are these ironic pieces all located on the path up to the section of the ground frequented by our non-doms? Or are there some for the working man or woman to appreciate?
Yes & No. Feck The Tinnies.

On an entirely practical & serious note, I believe this to be an absolute waste of public money, a disgraceful use of £40,000 if that is an accurate figure. It is of doubtful value as a piece of art - a subject that always baffles me admittedly.

Further, why a publicly funded artwork is positioned in a place that only a minute proportion of the public will ever see it is a strange matter in itself.

This sort of crap makes it far more difficult to defend objections to cuts in the public funding of the arts in general. A nonsense.

All that apart it lokos feckin' hideous, I will however take a closer look & report my findings. >EW
Cornerfleg
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cornerfleg »

I could do a bronze cast of what I managed in trap 2 this morning ... now that folks was a veritable work of art ... I'd only charge 10 grand for it as well ...
Always ask yourself, "What would Big Rodney do"... And every time the answer is... "Eat It"
Amiga500
Warrior Chief

Post by Amiga500 »

A total waste of time, material and money.

Just so some fluff-brained f**kwit could look at it, rub their chin in a sage manner, then spout some pish about what it represents.

That 40K (if accurate) could have been better spent on a nurse's wage.

And replace the shambolic monstrosities with billboards for local tourist sites that may catch the eye of visiting supporters... so they may decide some time to go visit Bushmills, the causeway, the mournes, the fermanagh lakes, errigal etc... y'know - something f**king useful.
Cornerfleg
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cornerfleg »

It's difficult to enter into this work because of how the sublime beauty of this four year old's arsecandle contextualizes the remarkable handling of light. With regard to the issue of content, the iconicity and purity of line spatially undermines the exploration of montage elements ... quite like when your middle finger bursts through a cheap 2 ply bog roll after a doss of the squids which has peppered the entire bowl after a dodgy pie and 10 pints - unwelcome.

Although I am not a sculpter, I think that the metaphorical resonance of this horse shít notates the essentially transitional quality of a rather colourful car crash involving an obese farm yard animal and Bugatti Veyron at 247 mph.

The sublime beauty of the figurative-narrative line-space matrix threatens to penetrate the distinctive formal juxtapositions of a grand aul follow through after what you thought, neah hoped was just a fart.
Always ask yourself, "What would Big Rodney do"... And every time the answer is... "Eat It"